PDA

View Full Version : Ubi if you dont have any ideas, its OK to have one AC with out MD akwardly pasted on

EmbodyingSeven5
07-26-2015, 03:07 PM
Recently, MD has kinda sucked in the AC games. I'm fairly sure almost no one disagrees with this. I love MD, but after the Desmond saga everythings gone downhill. So if you don't have any ideas, take your time and make a decent script. I would actually like an AC with no MD aspect. Taking a break from the Sci-Fy HUD would be a nice change and would add to the immersion in some ways. A game totally focused on the past seems like a nice break and would be appreciated. MD was basically non-existent in Unity so it wouldn't be that big of a change. I'm just saying if you are between ACs and have no good MD story to tell.........wait and don't shove one in!

Jessigirl2013
07-26-2015, 03:48 PM
I agree modern day has been thrown out the window after ACIII in order to get more people into the franchaise.:confused:
Because Ubisoft thing that having a decent story will confuse player who haven't played previous games.:mad:

However, think of every AC game without a modern day. It just don't work. There has to be a reason for why the past story is relevant otherwise the plot just falls to pieces.
Like ACBF, without a modern day why the hell are you looking for the observatory/sage and without that its just a pirate simulator.

I wouldn't even say that Unity's pathetic excuse was a modern day <---- This is what no modern day would look like.

Hans684
07-26-2015, 04:05 PM
You don't cut of your arm after getting a paper cut. So no, they should improve modern day and have us do big this. Like assassinating Alan Rikkin and other Templars world wide instead office jobs.

Jessigirl2013
07-26-2015, 04:09 PM
You don't cut of your arm after getting a paper cut. So no, they should improve modern day and have us do big this. Like assassinating Alan Rikkin and other Templars world wide instead office jobs.

Bingo

EmbodyingSeven5
07-27-2015, 03:47 AM

I'm not saying they should throw the whole concept out the window. Im saying if they don't have any good MD stories to tell while the game is in production.........why shove it in for the sake of it being there? If anything a poor MD storyline takes away from the experience.

Altair1789
07-27-2015, 07:58 AM
My point is, if the MD is basically non-existent (like in Unity) WHY HAVE IT THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE?

So that they can say modern day has returned

Hans684
07-27-2015, 08:58 AM
I'm not saying they should throw the whole concept out the window. Im saying if they don't have any good MD stories to tell while the game is in production.........why shove it in for the sake of it being there? If anything a poor MD storyline takes away from the experience.

A poor MD is better than no MD, and it's 1 of 3 story elements of the series. It's needed, without the is no overall arc and we would end up reliving lives for the sake of it. Basically Unity.

Sorrosyss
07-27-2015, 12:53 PM
They tried to remove it near entirely with Unity. Suffice to say, it did not go down well with a lot of players, including myself. Near every panel question and interview at E3 were dominated by questions about the Modern Day. I suspect Ubi has got the message at this point.

In my view, if you remove it entirely you may as well rename the game.

Alphacos007
07-27-2015, 01:04 PM
They tried to remove it near entirely with Unity. Suffice to say, it did not go down well with a lot of players, including myself. Near every panel question and interview at E3 were dominated by questions about the Modern Day. I suspect Ubi has got the message at this point.

Exactly, AC without MD isn't AC. If you want to remove it completely, just make another game. It's not like Ubi doesn't have the money to make new IPs...

Jessigirl2013
07-27-2015, 03:25 PM
I agree modern day has been thrown out the window after ACIII in order to get more people into the franchaise.http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/confused.png
Because Ubisoft thing that having a decent story will confuse player who haven't played previous games.http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/mad.png

However, think of every AC game without a modern day. It just don't work. There has to be a reason for why the past story is relevant otherwise the plot just falls to pieces.
Like ACBF, without a modern day why the hell are you looking for the observatory/sage and without that its just a pirate simulator.

I wouldn't even say that Unity's pathetic excuse was a modern day <---- This is what no modern day would look like.
My point is, if the MD is basically non-existent (like in Unity) WHY HAVE IT THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE? Just make a game set in that period, especially if they have no good stories to tell at the time.

I've made this point before in other threads.

But here goes...

Think of any AC game without a modern day story.

The story and plot would just fall apart.
There has to be a reason of WHY you are in the past. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/wink.png

Yeah ^ Explains the point I've made above.

EmbodyingSeven5
07-27-2015, 05:04 PM
My point is, if the MD is basically non-existent (like in Unity) WHY HAVE IT THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE? Just make a game set in that period, especially if they have no good stories to tell at the time.

I've made this point before in other threads.

But here goes...

Think of any AC game without a modern day story.

The story and plot would just fall apart.
There has to be a reason of WHY you are in the past. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/wink.png

Yeah ^ Explains the point I've made above.
Why cant they just have a game set in the period with its own story to support itself? I'm talking, no MD HUD and no references to MD. Just a story that will support itself. Think of Red Dead Redemption. A game set in past because that's where the story is being told.
You guys are saying that even if the MD is horrible you would still want it in the game!? Why?! That's like saying you want another revenge/initiation story because that's tradition!
Let me repeat myself again. I love MD. But if Ubi is working on a project and they know the MD they are making is sucking, Why have it there in that one particular game in the franchise? If anything the game is a worse experience if such a large element of the game isn't working correctly. Don't just shove it in when its basically nonexistent! It takes away from the experience. I'm not trying to remove it from the franchise. I'm just asking for one game or two when they are out of good ideas!

Jessigirl2013
07-27-2015, 05:14 PM
Why cant they just have a game set in the period with its own story to support itself? I'm talking, no MD HUD and no references to MD. Just a story that will support itself. Think of Red Dead Redemption. A game set in past because that's where the story is being told.
You guys are saying that even if the MD is horrible you would still want it in the game!? Why?! That's like saying you want another revenge/initiation story because that's tradition!
Let me repeat myself again. I love MD. But if Ubi is working on a project and they know the MD they are making is sucking, Why have it there in that one particular game in the franchise? If anything the game is a worse experience if such a large element of the game isn't working correctly. Don't just shove it in when its basically nonexistent! It takes away from the experience. I'm not trying to remove it from the franchise. I'm just asking for one game or two when they are out of good ideas!

My point is AC wouldn't be AC without modern day.
If people don't like modern day,which has been in the series since the start then why are you playing AC?

I would much rather they do a decent modern day as opposed to scrapping an idea that worked before.

My argument is that Unity's example of modern day is the closest thing no modern day as the series is going to get. ^ because as shown above modern day is the foundations of AC and the plot and story would fall apart if it wasn't vaguely there.

Syndicate better have a decent WTF moment ;)

steveeire
07-27-2015, 05:18 PM
Why cant they just have a game ....

You have a valid point but so do they, to them an Assassin's Creed game is: the ability to view the memories of ancestors through a modern day protagonist, if it is missing this vital part it is no longer an Assassin's Creed game.

EmbodyingSeven5
07-27-2015, 05:31 PM
My point is AC wouldn't be AC without modern day.
If people don't like modern day,which has been in the series since the start then why are you playing AC?

I would much rather they do a decent modern day as opposed to scrapping an idea that worked before.

My argument is that Unity's example of modern day is the closest thing no modern day as the series is going to get. ^ because as shown above modern day is the foundations of AC and the plot and story would fall apart if it wasn't vaguely there.

Syndicate better have a decent WTF moment ;)
I do agree on the WTF moment for Syndicate. lol.

But I disagree with the idea that AC wouldn't be AC with MD (for one game).

-Many AC books and comics don't include an MD storyline, just the story set in the past and stand their own ground.

-A number of AC fans dislike MD as a whole and actually find it bothersome, just loving the past story and segments

- AC storylines do stand on their own without MD. Often MD is like a treat to add to the experience. Now its like someone filling your drink with tasteless water.

My opinion is that Unity is not an Example of no MD, but rather an example of Ubi dragging things out when they run out of ideas. I would rather have a game with no MD at all rather than another MD like Unitys

EmbodyingSeven5
07-27-2015, 05:34 PM
You have a valid point but so do they, to them an Assassin's Creed game is: the ability to view the memories of ancestors through a modern day protagonist, if it is missing this vital part it is no longer an Assassin's Creed game.

I just don't wanna pretend my Console is an animus again ):

Please UBI GIVE US ANOTHER MODERN DAY PROTAG, IM TIRED OF BEING MYSELF!

I love MD. But we just got a pure example of what happens when its dragged out. Why not one game or two between the good MD focused games? No more MD filler that feels pointless.

steveeire
07-27-2015, 05:42 PM
Anyway I highly doubt the Syndicate MD will be substantial, they where already making the game before the MD backlash got ant traction.

EmbodyingSeven5
07-27-2015, 05:50 PM
Anyway I highly doubt the Syndicate MD will be substantial, they where already making the game before the MD backlash got ant traction.

I admit Im scared. Just please Syndicate...........Don't make me be the MD storyline......please.......

Jessigirl2013
07-27-2015, 10:28 PM
I admit Im scared. Just please Syndicate...........Don't make me be the MD storyline......please.......

I'm with you on this. ;)

Alphacos007
07-28-2015, 06:40 AM
I unfortunately have to agree with steveeire, even if they had enough time to modify the MD after Unity's backlash, it wasn't enough time to make something good, it'll be decent at the very best. Unless Unity was an exception, and they had a MD planned for Syndicate since the beggining. That is my only hope.

Edit: spell mistakes

EmbodyingSeven5
07-28-2015, 02:23 PM
I unfortunately have to agree with steveeire, even if they has enough time to modify the MD after Unity's backlash, it wasn't enough time to make something good, it'll be decent at the very best. Unless Unity was an exception, and had a MD planned for Syndicate since the beggining. That is my only hope.
I hope they would have because the last 2 years of MD have been poo for the restriction of a better word.

Sushiglutton
07-28-2015, 04:20 PM
I agree with either doing MD for real or not at all. The inbetween just makes everyone unhappy. I'm personally not a fan of MD. Now as I said before I think AC should take a rest so that Ubi could develop other historical OW games. One of the reasons for that is to free themselves completely from MD.

EmbodyingSeven5
07-28-2015, 04:22 PM
I agree with either doing MD for real or not at all. The inbetween just makes everyone unhappy. I'm personally not a fan of MD. Now as I said before I think AC should take a rest so that Ubi could develop other historical OW games. One of the reasons for that is to free themselves completely from MD.

A little break does sound nice (:

Jessigirl2013
07-28-2015, 05:17 PM
I unfortunately have to agree with steveeire, even if they has enough time to modify the MD after Unity's backlash, it wasn't enough time to make something good, it'll be decent at the very best. Unless Unity was an exception, and had a MD planned for Syndicate since the beggining. That is my only hope.

I didn't think Unity had a large backlash for the modern day? Thought it was just the broken game in general ;)

All I want is protagonist,
WITH A VOICE! ;)