PDA

View Full Version : Flanking and creature abbilities

GMnemonic
07-26-2015, 12:47 PM
I believe the developers have chosen to limit the creature abbilities o a very dull set because they went for flanking.
The solution I believe is having them both but make sure the AI understands flanking well.

This way flanking does not creature imbalance and interresting creature abbilities can be designed.

I hope the developers will review every creature and update its abbilities for the base and upgraded units with a more gameplay design and unique feel to every unit.

This is very neccesairy for the game to be interresting to play. There more stuff wrong with the game but I believe this is the core fabric of homm so they shouldnt release the game before they've done this.

Black_Weaver
07-27-2015, 04:54 PM
Fully agree. Would be nice if someone pass this to the devs.

Elle-One
07-27-2015, 05:01 PM
Flanking would be a very poor replacement for creature abilities. I'd rather have every unit be unique.

Of course, AI flanking absolutely needs to be implemented in any case. If it stays like in the beta, it'll be just a cheap way to get some additional damage without any drawbacks.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
07-27-2015, 05:02 PM
Hi GMnemonic, thank you for your feedback.

I have passed it along to the development team.

Antalyan
08-01-2015, 01:03 PM
I fully agree. If you want to keep flanking in, and I expect you want, because it it the new thing you implented and it would take too much time to get rid of it, as it is included in skills, units abilities etc., you should:
1) not to make it too strong. I am aware now of units with high mobility being overpowered (as it was in H5 with fast units having a high initiative).
2) add some additional abilities to units, flanking (and bonus connected with it as vigilance) should not be instead of some good ones. For example upgraded vampire is not much better than the unupgraded one, just because it has "only" vigilance as the advantage. Ot should have also no retaliation or some new ability.

Also spectrum has the same problem. Please, work on it, I think this is not too much additional work for you and we will award it.