PDA

View Full Version : [PS3] AC Rogue - Legendary Battles - The Storm Fortress - HELP!

Barneyboy69
07-26-2015, 12:01 PM
Has anyone got any sure-fire method to completing this damned bit of the game? Its preventing me getting 100%.

It is absolutely ridiculous.

The allied shipping gets in the way and you can't tell the enemy from allies because the visuals are so bad.

The speed of the Morrigan is extremely slow - slower than the Man o' War Storm Fortress, (unlike similar ships in the main story) which is ridiculous, so it is difficult to almost impossible to get in position to fire the forward guns and broadsides at the supposed weak area at the rear of the enemy ship.

Because of that you end up prioritising the Mortars. If you do by a very slim chance manage to get the health bar down for the enemy, there's no mortars left to attack the other two ships that come on in the second phase.

Who dreamed this one up - some ******* sadist?

I've reviewed all the footage I can find on YouTube but still can't find a method.

Help me please!

Locopells
07-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Use the charge attack pretty much constantly, in order to boost speed and get out of the AF's firing zone. Forget mortars - you might get the occasional shot in, but the payoff isn't really worth it. Use the charge, as mentioned, and try and keep behind the SF, using a combination of round/heavy shot and chain shot/ram.

Barneyboy69
07-27-2015, 06:12 PM
Use the charge attack pretty much constantly, in order to boost speed and get out of the AF's firing zone. Forget mortars - you might get the occasional shot in, but the payoff isn't really worth it. Use the charge, as mentioned, and try and keep behind the SF, using a combination of round/heavy shot and chain shot/ram.

I don't seem to be gaining any more speed by holding down the X button.

Its as though the SF is faster, more manoeuvrable and has the wind in its favour 100% of the time and all I do is struggle, dodging my so called allies who keep knocking me back into it's broadsides.

I struggle to gain enough ground to enable me to catch up with his back end. when I do catch up, I get to fire a maximum of 2 carronades, half hearted ram which seems to "slice" me over onto, you guessed it, his bloody broadside again!.

How the hell do you stay off the broadside so that you can preserve some health to make any positive attacks?

Very, very, very frustrating. This is not what gaming should all be about, is it?

Anykeyer
07-28-2015, 09:33 AM
No, its exactly what side content called "epic legendary" should be. Challenging. Its not too hard really.

Locopells
07-28-2015, 10:20 AM
I don't seem to be gaining any more speed by holding down the X button.

Its as though the SF is faster, more manoeuvrable and has the wind in its favour 100% of the time and all I do is struggle, dodging my so called allies who keep knocking me back into it's broadsides.

I struggle to gain enough ground to enable me to catch up with his back end. when I do catch up, I get to fire a maximum of 2 carronades, half hearted ram which seems to "slice" me over onto, you guessed it, his bloody broadside again!.

How the hell do you stay off the broadside so that you can preserve some health to make any positive attacks?

Very, very, very frustrating. This is not what gaming should all be about, is it?

You don't hold down the button, you press it once and get a brief burst of speed. You then have to wait a few seconds before it becomes available again. Once behind the SF, try turning quickly, and broadsiding their rear (you probably end up having to run again, but it does more damage).

I'll have another go myself, see if I can't write this down exactly.