PDA

View Full Version : Assassinís Creed Series Needs A Break!

KittyRino
07-23-2015, 12:29 PM
Assassinís Creed Series Needs A Break!
What a terrible game from a terrible franchise. Stop making these games for a while and focus on beyond good and evil and
Prince of Persia.After all Yves Guillemot said that he cares for the fans.

X_xWolverinEx_X
07-23-2015, 12:32 PM
dont start rino.. dont make me unleash the beast

KittyRino
07-23-2015, 12:36 PM
dont start rino.. dont make me unleash the beast

Oh come on X_xWolverinEx_X i dont hate AC games,I just want a new Prince of Persia game and other people too.
Maybe it would be best if ubisoft stop making AC for 2 years and that time spend on making new POP game.
I need it desperately try to understand me.

D.I.D.
07-23-2015, 12:45 PM
What is it now, 93m sales? It's this series that allows Ubisoft to take some risks with other games and start new IPs.

AC isn't blocking a new PoP. When they want to make one, they will, and if there ever is a new PoP then I think it'll be the continued success of AC that allows it to exist.

KittyRino
07-23-2015, 12:49 PM
What is it now, 93m sales? It's this series that allows Ubisoft to take some risks with other games and start new IPs.

AC isn't blocking a new PoP. When they want to make one, they will, and if there ever is a new PoP then I think it'll be the continued success of AC that allows it to exist.

Actualy if there was no POP AC will not be here so now AC is paying that price.If AC isnt blocking POP why there is not some team that work on the POP game?
Ubisoft haved 5 years POP pause and now is time for the new POP game because fans want that to happen.

D.I.D.
07-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Sure, everyone knows the AC concept came via an expansion of themes from PoP, but there have been two main PoP games since the release of AC1 and neither of them did very well.

Just look at all the other Ubi titles being made around AC. By definition, none of them were blocked by AC, so why would AC be the obstacle to more PoP? You might say that AC is occupying the spot for this game type - 3rd-person climbing/stabbing action-adventures - and I suppose there's a case for saying that. Tactically, it would be a strange move then to pause the incredibly successful AC series to take a punt on a brief reboot of the chequered PoP series.

1) The PoP game absolutely tanks. It's a disaster for the company given that they paused their cash cow for this. Investors and shareholders are furious, and take Ubisoft to court for failing to uphold the basic requirements of their investment.

2) The PoP game is incredible and sells like hot cakes. However, it costs a lot of money, especially in promotion. Ubisoft then has to decide on a sequel, but it will take time to build and Ubisoft will have to hope the appetite is still there in two years' time. It already has the problem of rehiring vast numbers of staff to get AC up and running again alongside it.

While AC keeps moving forward, it has creative and financial momentum. I can't imagine how it would make sense in any way to halt AC in order to make PoP.

KittyRino
07-23-2015, 01:18 PM
Sure, everyone knows the AC concept came via an expansion of themes from PoP, but there have been two main PoP games since the release of AC1 and neither of them did very well.

Just look at all the other Ubi titles being made around AC. By definition, none of them were blocked by AC, so why would AC be the obstacle to more PoP? You might say that AC is occupying the spot for this game type - 3rd-person climbing/stabbing action-adventures - and I suppose there's a case for saying that. Tactically, it would be a strange move then to pause the incredibly successful AC series to take a punt on a brief reboot of the chequered PoP series.

1) The PoP game absolutely tanks. It's a disaster for the company given that they paused their cash cow for this. Investors and shareholders are furious, and take Ubisoft to court for failing to uphold the basic requirements of their investment.

2) The PoP game is incredible and sells like hot cakes. However, it costs a lot of money, especially in promotion. Ubisoft then has to decide on a sequel, but it will take time to build and Ubisoft will have to hope the appetite is still there in two years' time. It already has the problem of rehiring vast numbers of staff to get AC up and running again alongside it.

While AC keeps moving forward, it has creative and financial momentum. I can't imagine how it would make sense in any way to halt AC in order to make PoP.

Yes you are right yes agree with you :( im just gonna go in my bed and cry :(
But why the hell Ubisoft dont sell the POP to any other company that have talent

D.I.D.
07-23-2015, 01:33 PM
Yes you are right yes agree with you :( im just gonna go in my bed and cry :(
But why the hell Ubisoft dont sell the POP to any other company that have talent

I would like to see that happen!

I loved Sands Of Time. The Forgotten Sands was disappointing, but I went into it wishing that it would be good and that it would put the series back on track. They were clearly trying to hit as many marks as possible from Sands of Time, trying to make that magic happen again, but I think they forgot the most important one. It would be great to see the storyteller aspect of The Prince reinvigorated, and I think that charm was a huge factor in what made SoT so captivating and made it feel like it had a soul at the centre of it all. The things that Ubisoft and other studios have done with graphics recently could work wonders in PoP as well (I'm thinking of the way the AC Chronicles and UbiArt games have that "living painting" look, as do Telltale's Game of Thrones and Bethesda's Dishonored).

As you say, if they can't or don't want to do it, it would be nice to see the PoP brand sold to another publisher.

KittyRino
07-23-2015, 01:40 PM
I would like to see that happen!

I loved Sands Of Time. The Forgotten Sands was disappointing, but I went into it wishing that it would be good and that it would put the series back on track. They were clearly trying to hit as many marks as possible from Sands of Time, trying to make that magic happen again, but I think they forgot the most important one. It would be great to see the storyteller aspect of The Prince reinvigorated, and I think that charm was a huge factor in what made SoT so captivating and made it feel like it had a soul at the centre of it all. The things that Ubisoft and other studios have done with graphics recently could work wonders in PoP as well (I'm thinking of the way the AC Chronicles and UbiArt games have that "living painting" look, as do Telltale's Game of Thrones and Bethesda's Dishonored).

As you say, if they can't or don't want to do it, it would be nice to see the PoP brand sold to another publisher.

Totaly agree with you in every way :) POP forgotten Sands and POP 2008 was so so disappointing,and than i get suprised when ubisoft published 2013 the news on some new pop game and later i discovered its a moblie game,can you imagine look on my face i was so disappointed in ubisoft :( :( :(
I think that that would be great if ubisoft sell the game to another company that is fresh and need something to start,that people always do something best.
But good thing is when ubisoft made POP forgotten sands like sands of time,maybe next part would look like Prince of Persia warrior within and that is a great thing :)

Locopells
07-23-2015, 03:02 PM
For the last time. If you wanna discuss POP, go to the POP boards.