PDA

View Full Version : AC Rogue Legacy Outfit without owning/playing the game?

oddyouko
07-22-2015, 11:43 PM
I dunno if this belongs in the Technical Support section, because I'm unsure if the encounter itself isn't or is an actual glitch, but if it does please feel free to move it there.

I haven't played Rogue for several weeks, and have been sticking to completing AC3 over again because of my PS3 decided it wanted to die on me, so I'm completely oblivious to any minor updates the game might have gotten. Well, I was quite surprised when my dad borrowed the game from me, started it up, and saw a message saying he had received Altair's outfit.

Only problem is: we don't own the first game, so why would he get access to Altair's Legacy outfit? He's currently unable to wear it though, because he has not yet progressed further into the story. Here I am, playing AC3 while signed on my Uplay account for 10mins, whatever, and still have yet to get any outfit, yet my dad signs on his, and is able to get one? I don't understand.

Will have to play my Rogue and see if I receive anything myself. I will quote the message if I'm able to get anything.

Has anyone else gotten any of the outfits? Or, like my dad, just got a random message once starting your Rogue/Unity game, saying you've received an outfit, even though you didn't play it's respective game?

steveeire
07-22-2015, 11:44 PM
Gift horse mouth?

MalleableRiver0
07-23-2015, 02:13 AM
You get new content from your achievements in previous ac games I received the Altair outfit and ezio outfit for what I did in ac 3 I also received an Aveline figurehead for what I did in ac liberation

oddyouko
07-23-2015, 07:33 PM
That isn't very helpful at all, steveeire.

MalleableRiver0: Even without actually having to play the games though? I say that because I have the Aveline figurehead as well, but don't have AC Liberations. Thought that was always in Rogue though, the figurehead. And you have both Altair and Ezio's outfits in Rogue from playing AC3? I thought you collected them each by playing their games? But then again, I witnessed my dad get Altair's outfit, so I guess that answers those questions in itself. I just found it a little confusing, that's all, but I appropriate the answer, Malleable! Thank you.

Looked on google, and found this thread again.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/951308-AC-Rogue-Legacy-Outfits/page17?

Apparently the Legacy outfits like to pop in and out of people's games at random. I have yet to play my Rogue, but hope I will finally receive one of the outfits at least when I do play it.

Mr_Shade
07-23-2015, 08:20 PM
Hi.

Legacy unlocks are a pre-set order - depending on the number of games you have played on the same Uplay account.. not the title you play.

Play 1 AC game and you will receive Altair’s outfit.

Play 2 AC games and you will receive Altair’s and Ezio’s outfit.

Play 3 AC games and you will receive Altair’s, Ezio’s and Connor’s outfit.

Play 4 AC games and you will receive Altair’s, Ezio’s, Connor’s and Edward’s outfit.

The info is on the support site here: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/FAQ/38/4610/unlockable-altair-ezio-connor-and-edward-outfits/kA030000000eij5CAA

oddyouko
07-23-2015, 08:45 PM
Thanks so much for the info, Shade.
That clears things up a great deal, no longer making it all a confusing mess.

Aw, so I'll have to play my dad's Black Flag, and buy another game in order to get Connor's robes. Wonder why AC1 isn't on the list of games? Seeing as how I like Ezio the least, it's kinda ironic that it'll have to be one of his games I'll have to buy in order to get Connor's outfit. Oh well, it's no problem.

Thanks again for the help.

SixKeys
07-23-2015, 08:48 PM
Thanks so much for the info, Shade.
That clears things up a great deal, no longer making it all a confusing mess.

Aw, so I'll have to play my dad's Black Flag, and buy another game in order to get Connor's robes. Wonder why AC1 isn't on the list of games? Seeing as how I like Ezio the least, it's kinda ironic that it'll have to be one of his games I'll have to buy in order to get Connor's outfit. Oh well, it's no problem.

Thanks again for the help.

AC1 is not on the list because it was made before Uplay existed, so it's not supported by Uplay.

Mr_Shade
07-23-2015, 09:13 PM
AC1 is not on the list because it was made before Uplay existed, so it's not supported by Uplay.

indeed

Jessigirl2013
07-25-2015, 09:34 AM
Oh that makes sense I didn't realise you can get all the outfits by just playing ACIV. Bit unfair for fans that have played all of the games.
They don't get any exclusive content for their loyalty to the franchise. :(

Mr_Shade
07-25-2015, 10:59 AM
Oh that makes sense I didn't realise you can get all the outfits by just playing ACIV. Bit unfair for fans that have played all of the games.
They don't get any exclusive content for their loyalty to the franchise. :(

I'm sorry?

You need to play 4 different games to unlock all of the outfits - not just AC4 ;)

Jessigirl2013
07-27-2015, 10:49 PM
I'm sorry?

You need to play 4 different games to unlock all of the outfits - not just AC4 ;)

;) Good for that

Shame they didn't update it though.

oddyouko
12-28-2015, 04:37 AM
I'm guessing the Legacy outfits are still being glitchy because after I received Altair's outfit after a third playthrough of Rogue, (Had to get a new Ps3 and going to change outfits it wasn't listed. It was only after I quit the game, still signed in, and went back to the game did I finally get the message. That's fine and dandy now, even if it keeps not wanting to appear when I still sign in, I'm fine.

My problem is: I recently got Liberations (PSN store bought), signed on to it and ran around a bit, then put in my Rogue disc, but did not get the message saying I had gotten Ezio's outfit. So, I'm guessing it's either because the outfits are still being glitchy and don't want to appear at certain points or the outfits only appear if you've played the disc versions of the eligible games. Someone please clarify this for me. Is it not possible to still get an outfit with a PSN store downloaded game?