PDA

View Full Version : Would you object to an AC game done this way?

Consus_E
07-22-2015, 08:36 PM
I've been re playing AC games and browsing these forums recently. One issue that people seem to be a bit divided on is whether the narrative should be focused on the games protagonist and his/her personal problems, or be more directly focused on the Assassin Brotherhood and assassinations. So I had the idea recently, what if instead of having a main story in which we hunt down a certain number of targets before the inevitable final showdown with the Templar Grandmaster, we have a main story in which we embark on a quest to involving a single illusive main antagonist instead. The main story being more focused on the personal motivations of the protagonist.

Instead the other Assassinations would be converted into a secondary campaign of sorts that would function as a mix of AC1's mission design and the assassination contracts found in AC2/ACB/AC4, with investigations, targets, death speeches, climactic chases, open ended objectives, ect without an overarching "find the Peace of Eden, kill the Templar Master" overarching plot that we all know well by know.

In short this would allow a more personal character centered narrative with clear goals and motivations, while still allowing the player to experience the game as an Assassin simulator.

Thoughts?

dxsxhxcx
07-22-2015, 09:36 PM
Isn't about this that all the previous games (besides AC1) have been about? I want a game like AC1 again, with a straightforward story and little to no distractions from the "outside" world...

Hans684
07-22-2015, 09:47 PM
Assassin's Creed is the creed from different perspectives in different times while also have an impact on MD, there is no specific way to tell the story. As long as the lore is taken good care of any perspective is possible.

Shahkulu101
07-23-2015, 07:31 PM
I would object to an AC game being done in either way.

Jessigirl2013
07-31-2015, 10:16 PM
I've been re playing AC games and browsing these forums recently. One issue that people seem to be a bit divided on is whether the narrative should be focused on the games protagonist and his/her personal problems, or be more directly focused on the Assassin Brotherhood and assassinations. So I had the idea recently, what if instead of having a main story in which we hunt down a certain number of targets before the inevitable final showdown with the Templar Grandmaster, we have a main story in which we embark on a quest to involving a single illusive main antagonist instead. The main story being more focused on the personal motivations of the protagonist.

Instead the other Assassinations would be converted into a secondary campaign of sorts that would function as a mix of AC1's mission design and the assassination contracts found in AC2/ACB/AC4, with investigations, targets, death speeches, climactic chases, open ended objectives, ect without an overarching "find the Peace of Eden, kill the Templar Master" overarching plot that we all know well by know.

In short this would allow a more personal character centered narrative with clear goals and motivations, while still allowing the player to experience the game as an Assassin simulator.

Thoughts?

Nah.
I much prefer the MD gameplay style of ACIII;)

pacmanate
07-31-2015, 10:26 PM
Well AC4 was personal motivation

Jessigirl2013
07-31-2015, 11:06 PM
Well AC4 was personal motivation

I just didn't like being a mute, and the first person was odd after the MD before.
If they do first person in Syndicate then we should at least get a character IMO.
I mean its just ridiculous when your "character" doesn't respond to anything.:mad:

Consus_E
07-31-2015, 11:54 PM
How did this become a discussion of the Modern Day?

Jessigirl2013
08-01-2015, 01:29 PM
How did this become a discussion of the Modern Day?

I always seem to find a way of turning every thread into a discussion of Modern Day ;)

Pftt... and UBI say people don't care for it ;)

EmptyCrustacean
08-02-2015, 09:05 AM
The assumption is that if every game is always about the Brotherhood then it could become repetitive fast but then if there's a personal motivation there's more variety and freedom, right?

Wrong. AC3 and Unity prove that personal stories can also be repetitive if the story is not told WELL which brings me to my point: it's about finding a balance in a way that both makes the Brotherhood central but makes the protagonist unique.

AC1 did it perfectly because in that case the personal motivation of the protagonist was tied directly to the Creed. Having been born into it, it was the only life Altair had ever known so of course any personal struggles is most likely to be linked with it. That's why I'm hoping that all this gang business is part of a 'bigger picture' where Evie and Jacob are concerned.

Jessigirl2013
08-02-2015, 01:14 PM
The assumption is that if every game is always about the Brotherhood then it could become repetitive fast but then if there's a personal motivation there's more variety and freedom, right?

Wrong. AC3 and Unity prove that personal stories can also be repetitive if the story is not told WELL which brings me to my point: it's about finding a balance in a way that both makes the Brotherhood central but makes the protagonist unique.

AC1 did it perfectly because in that case the personal motivation of the protagonist was tied directly to the Creed. Having been born into it, it was the only life Altair had ever known so of course any personal struggles is most likely to be linked with it. That's why I'm hoping that all this gang business is part of a 'bigger picture' where Evie and Jacob are concerned.

Good raised points ;) I find myself also agreeing.
However are you talking about the MD gameplay in ACIII and Unity or the past gameplay:confused:

If its MD then I'm confused Unity's modern day is practically non-existence :confused: