PDA

View Full Version : What perks do you wish for?

Mr_Moonstone
07-22-2015, 03:02 PM
Hey hey,

like the title says: what feats/perks do you wish for to be in For Honor?

I personally would like for the Chosen assassin / Oni to have something that wipes his presence from the radar. Or maybe even camouflage that make him look like a footsoldier.

premiumart
07-22-2015, 06:01 PM
Hey hey,

like the title says: what perks do you wish for to be in For Honor?

I personally would like for the Chosen assassin / Oni to have something that wipes his presence from the radar. Or maybe even camouflage that make him look like a footsoldier.

That actually kinda sounds like feats and they are allready there.

Compared to feats hiding ones presence from the radar seems a little over powered maybe?

When it comes to feats i really like the wardens ability to heal

Solid_Altair
07-22-2015, 06:12 PM
The hiding ones seem very gimmicky. I think they're going for a more serious tone.

I'd like to have many different boosts to damage and health, some more generic and some more circumstantial. The more specific they are, the greater the effect they should have. Imagine you have a generic damage bonus. It shouldn't be very strong. However, if another feat of damage buff require something specific, like you having low health, for instance, its effect should be greater than the generic one.

Yugureki
07-23-2015, 05:29 AM
I don't think it will matter much if you're hidden from radar as your armor and gear making plenty of noise would give you away fast.
I'm sure there will be passive skills.

Mr_Moonstone
07-23-2015, 03:56 PM
Well I don't think that hidden presence is overpowered while the warden can heal... He would only be able to maybe get the first hit in.

How about a smoke-screeny or flash-bangy thing (quick diversions, no aftereffects like blindness) then?

The idea with the highly circumstantial feats sounds valid.

I could also imagine the catapult of the warden to shoot with three balls instead of one - dealing less damage with a wider spread. It would be more useful to take out the footsoldiers.

Greets

premiumart
07-23-2015, 05:17 PM
Well one flaming boulder is probably still quite effective, i think the catapult strike will be a little slower and then the arrow volley but deals more damage kind of a risk and reward thing.

But the idea of using two different versions of one feat depending on the circumstances you want to use it in is pretty cool though.

I am actually wondering if there will be something like perks, i mean it would be a great way to further customize your loadout but arent classes already different, meaning that they basicly have "built in" perks or if we could actually change the classes passive abilities.

Mr_Moonstone
07-24-2015, 08:30 AM
I am actually wondering if there will be something like perks, i mean it would be a great way to further customize your loadout but arent classes already different, meaning that they basicly have "built in" perks or if we could actually change the classes passive abilities.

Wondering about that too. Though I believe perks gonna be hardwired to the classes. Well, we'll see...

Also tried to change the title cause I originally intended to talk more about feats than perks (yeah, you pointed it out already T_T ).

premiumart
07-24-2015, 11:29 AM
Some feats seem to be standard like the arrow volley/catapult, maybe this is due to the fact that ranged attackes are a big advantage in this game.

Others are completely different from other classes, like the wardens ability to rally troops and the onis throwing weapons.

I would actually like to know the onis remaining feats, we ve seen in the gameplay walkthrough(at least the icons on the bottom right).
The skull x 3 icon seems to be some kind of increased damage ? If thats the case this feat would also fit great for Warborn classes.

Fighting someone who is in "frenzy/berserker mode" would be intense since you could maybe still win, but if you make a little mistake its over for you.

Also a feat would be cool that somehow rewards consecutive blocks, increasing your dmg for one strike or something like that.

Or a feat that is called something like last stand (not like in cod though XD) or final stand that becomes more powerful(defense bonus) if you have low health and your guard can not be broken. This would fit the mentality and style of the legion.

Solid_Altair
07-24-2015, 01:51 PM
I could also imagine the catapult of the warden to shoot with three balls instead of one - dealing less damage with a wider spread. It would be more useful to take out the footsoldiers.
This is already the function of the arrow storm.

I liked the circumstantial buf after blocks.

Dead1y-Derri
07-24-2015, 03:01 PM
I think being able to get the drop on someone by being off the radar for a limited amount of time would be a good idea because they you can plan strategies. I know a lot of people hate stealth abilities because they force you to be much more vigilant but then if you're trading something offensive such as an arrow storm, throwing knife or whatever for something non lethal then its quite balanced in my opinion.

Mr_Moonstone
07-24-2015, 03:05 PM
This is already the function of the arrow storm.

I liked the circumstantial buf after blocks.

Don't know if the Warden will have access to the arrow storm. Apart from that the arrows come in three or more volleys while the catapult hits once. A Dev even said it in a gameplay vid that he's using the arrow storm to seperate to enemies.

Solid_Altair
07-24-2015, 05:56 PM
But does it actually count as three volleys? Do you think, if a guy stay there, he will get hit more than once and die?

MisterWillow
07-24-2015, 08:04 PM
But does it actually count as three volleys? Do you think, if a guy stay there, he will get hit more than once and die?

I think it would be a bit strange if that were not the case.

Mr_Moonstone
07-25-2015, 08:27 PM

Again in the mentioned gameplay vid: a female warden takes one volley and is stripped of approximately 2 3/4 life bars or around 60% of her hp. You can then barely see two more red "target area circles". The following volleys actually hit in other areas.
What I imagined with the triple catapult: it would hit at the same time instead of a 3 volley sequence. So with reduced damage the initial triple catapult hit would not be able to kill a player character but hurt it heavily. At the same time being harder to dodge.

For the final stand feat: how about upon activation the feat continues for 5 seconds (or less) and you take 30% of the incoming damage. If the time's up and you did take damage (and did not die yet) you die after the feat's time is up.

Greets

Solid_Altair
07-27-2015, 03:54 AM
Good point. Then I agree with y'all.

I wonder if the multi-projectile catapults were ever used for real. Regardless, I think it'd be cool to have such a logic in the game. Big AoE that almost kills ya. Different from the lethal small AoE (the normal catapult) and the big AoE that halve syour health and kills you if you stay there (arrow storm).

Mr_Moonstone
08-01-2015, 11:50 PM
Something I realized just now: the Oni's first feat seems to heal him when he damages his opponent. It's a little bit like a vampire sucking blood lol

Solid_Altair
08-04-2015, 08:37 AM
Very interesting.