PDA

View Full Version : Companion App

An0ther_Player
07-22-2015, 12:44 PM
Are there plans for a companion app and if so what features will it have?

Arkmuth
07-22-2015, 02:27 PM
No , please, no..... or absolutely optional.

premiumart
07-22-2015, 05:45 PM
NO just NO
Im so glad it was canceled for Division

Havemercy87
07-22-2015, 06:20 PM
This was discussed in theory on this link, it's under jousting thread..
Something of the ideas here could make an app a bit more worth it. Of course the theory is it to be optional and have no restrictions on the game itself.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1221034-Jousting

sV DirtyMoose
07-22-2015, 07:41 PM
Why are some of you against companion apps? I think it would be cool to have an app to check your stats or see what your friends are doing while not at your console. It doesn't need to be anything like what the division was offering with there's but a nice "stat tracker" would be cool to have.

Havemercy87
07-22-2015, 08:40 PM
Why are some of you against companion apps? I think it would be cool to have an app to check your stats or see what your friends are doing while not at your console. It doesn't need to be anything like what the division was offering with there's but a nice "stat tracker" would be cool to have.

I like this idea, thank you moose. A way to see what your friends are doing or if their even online. Maybe they could work in a messenger or an invite option for those with the app. Say we're friends and your not online, I can send you an invite and you'd get it as a notification which then you can accept or deny.

An0ther_Player
07-22-2015, 11:43 PM
Yeh i agree, any app should only supplement a game and not be a requirement.

Im more keen towards the stat tracker style, although it would be nice to have a "live" full level map. Without playing the game though its hard to say what could really add value to an app.

Havemercy87
07-23-2015, 12:09 AM
Im more keen towards the stat tracker style, although it would be nice to have a "live" full level map. Without playing the game though its hard to say what could really add value to an app.

Exactly, it is hard, but what else do have to do but suggest and theorize right now lol...

Dead1y-Derri
07-23-2015, 01:03 AM

Stat tricking is fine but I think many of us have a problem when a companion app is introduced but impacts the gameplay or you can only unlock or do specific things with the companion app. A simple stat checker is fine.