PDA

View Full Version : What's would you like to see in a collectors edition?

Joe_Corleone
07-20-2015, 05:43 PM
I really would love to see a collectors edition for this game. I use to buy every collectors edition I could get my hands on. I have learned to only really get collectors editions that are worth it now though. I would however love to see a collectors edition for this game. What would you guys like to see if there is one?

Knight_Helios
07-20-2015, 06:26 PM
A figurine and a cool map of something will win me over... Love a cool map.

Havemercy87
07-20-2015, 06:32 PM
I would like to see 3 collector's editions, one for each faction. Each would have a poster, a map, and a figurine would be cool to, but definitely the first 2

Dead1y-Derri
07-20-2015, 06:35 PM
I hope there is at least one edition with some kind of steelbook case. I like getting those.

Havemercy87
07-20-2015, 06:38 PM
I hope there is at least one edition with some kind of steelbook case. I like getting those.

That would be nice to, add that to my list as well lol

shyWolverine
07-20-2015, 07:01 PM
I would love the collectors editions to have a statue(choose which faction you want), art book, and soundtrack. That would pretty much make my day.

the_don7684
07-20-2015, 09:12 PM
I would like to see 3 collector's editions, one for each faction. Each would have a poster, a map, and a figurine would be cool to, but definitely the first 2

THIS but definitely with a figurine. Would love to add to the collection. Also, maybe a flag of the faction too.

WYRDB0Y
07-20-2015, 10:25 PM
EXCLUSIVE GAME ALTERING DLC AND GODMODE CHEAT ONLY AVAILABLE FOR COLLECTOR'S EDITION BUYERS!! YOU MAD?! HAHAH JUST JOKING.:nonchalance:

But the faction statues sound right, most likely there will be either a big statue with all factions fighting on it (or 2 like MK9 CE with Scorpion/Sub-Zero) or 3 separate ones as you said. More than that is not likely cause even 3 types is much to predict with the divided choices for factions to be cost effective. (so no female versions?:eek:) That's a tough one for the marketing guys. Or if they want to go expensive, they could do helmets for all 3 factions like Halo 3 Legendary edition. Anyways if anything the Oni needs to be on the statue, hotdamn the design is so GOOD! I bow before you designers!!:p

Joe_Corleone
07-20-2015, 10:38 PM
I forgot to add what I would like to see. The best collectors for me would be a steelbook case (a must), an art book (would love to see early sketches of each class), and for sure a statue. The perfect statue would be one warrior from all three factions in one statue, maybe 8in wide by 9in tall. I'm not against exclusive dlc as long as it's maybe just colors or flags, and something that could be purchased later. Retail between 99.99-119.99. I would be all over it.

Havemercy87
07-21-2015, 01:07 AM
As big as this game is going to be, as big as we all want it to be. I don't think any of these would be to far fetched for Ubisoft to do.

MisterWillow
07-21-2015, 03:28 AM
EXCLUSIVE GAME ALTERING DLC AND GODMODE CHEAT ONLY AVAILABLE FOR COLLECTOR'S EDITION BUYERS!! YOU MAD?! HAHAH JUST JOKING.:nonchalance:

But the faction statues sound right, most likely there will be either a big statue with all factions fighting on it (or 2 like MK9 CE with Scorpion/Sub-Zero) or 3 separate ones as you said. More than that is not likely cause even 3 types is much to predict with the divided choices for factions to be cost effective. (so no female versions?:eek:) That's a tough one for the marketing guys. Or if they want to go expensive, they could do helmets for all 3 factions like Halo 3 Legendary edition. Anyways if anything the Oni needs to be on the statue, hotdamn the design is so GOOD! I bow before you designers!!:p

Maybe if they made a statue with one warrior from every faction standing back-to-back-to-back, so every one is facing outward. That way, whoever has it can rotate it to their chosen faction. As for female fighters, it would be interesting if they just threw caution to the wind and made the statue all females. I certainly wouldn't mind displaying a badass viking chick on my bookshelf. :D

Also like the idea of helmets. It would be a bit more... solemn, for lack of a better word, but it make for a nice display piece. But then, the conundrum again arises as to how it would be packaged to suit the chosen faction of the purchaser, and I don't know how well the rotational arrangement described above would work with it.

Fatal-Feit
07-21-2015, 04:10 AM
I'll tell you what I DON'T want to see. Exclusive DLCs. :p

The idea of having 3 collector's editions, one for each faction sounds awesome. Someone mentioned the possibility of helmets instead of statues and now I would be disappointed if we didn't get that. Perhaps it could be the same helmets in the forum background. Minus the mini soldiers and stuff of course... Like, a working helmet.

Kenji_Hattori
07-21-2015, 04:30 AM
I want, more than any other thing, 3 different ones. each having a figure from the title picture. That would seal it for me. I dont know what else i want. I would say Katana or something but that would never happen. If it did i would get 2.

Havemercy87
07-21-2015, 09:59 PM
Statue, helmet.. Helmet, statue.. Statue... Helmet... Gaahh can't decide! You know what, I want both! Gimme.

Perty Please

I'll pay

premiumart
07-22-2015, 12:11 PM
We have already seen figurines and replicas in other collectors editions from ubisoft games ( AC Unity, arno and arnos watch; Division and agents watch).
I dont think ubisoft would go big on a new ip like this and have different versions of the collectors edition ( but then there was watch dogs)
and helmets will probably not be a thing.

What the collectors edition will probably be: Steelbook, Artbook, Soundtrack, Figurine( probably) and some cosmetic dlc( Hopefully unlike GRFS where you couldnt get
the dlc from the collectors edition anymore)

Personally what i'd like to see is good soundtrack and some cool looking dlc(Off course not OP. Cosmetic stuff only) thats just fine for me. I dont even need a figurine but it'd be
nice to have.

the_don7684
07-22-2015, 01:14 PM
The more I think about it, the helmet idea would be great for male/ female buyers alike. Not to mention, imo, the helmet would be cooler to have. Let the figurines be a purchase item.

Mr_Shade
07-22-2015, 05:54 PM
I want a sword...

Havemercy87
07-22-2015, 06:07 PM
I want a sword...

That would be awesome! Even if it's the size of a knife

SerWarhammer
07-22-2015, 10:17 PM
Can i have a 1:1 Longsword in the collectors-legion Edition? :rolleyes:

Warphorntek
07-23-2015, 08:12 AM
Well i am not rich man, but if there is going to be worth edition as game is. I ll buy my 1st edition in my life for i love this game and KNIGHTS!!!

Arkmuth
07-23-2015, 01:52 PM
I also would want a sword, but I know that is not possible, size and problems with packages because those things are 'almost' weapons, I mean try to buy a replica from another country and you'll see, problems. And I already own two sword replicas, both bought in my country.

So a part of that, a very cool statue/figurine, one per faction, would be the most awesome thing :nonchalance:

H3ret1c88
07-24-2015, 12:50 AM
The 3 separate collector's editions one for each faction sounds perfect but even if they didn't do that, it could at least be a single one with a statue of all 3 warriors.. kinda like Halo Reach's Legendary edition.
Helmets would be even better but i kinda doubt they'd go for that and they'd probably be quite expensive.

Saiyosen
07-24-2015, 02:18 AM

This is perfect to me. We all have our chosen faction almost the moment we hear the three choices, just like the Creative Director said. So three different choices for collectors makes PERFECT sense. My greatest wish would be for the faction specific collectors to have something that shows how loyal you are to that faction. Perhaps a custom CE only champion for that specific faction, or an avatar or something of that nature. Great ideas everyone, hopefully the devs check this out!

Thunderborn
07-29-2015, 04:12 AM
I want a engraved sword with FOR HONOR scripted across the blade length. I would like it to be detailed from one of the swords that are in the game. I really am excited for this game and I am just a tad upset that I didn't get into the beta.

Mr_Moonstone
07-31-2015, 11:54 AM
I want a engraved sword with FOR HONOR scripted across the blade length. I would like it to be detailed from one of the swords that are in the game. I really am excited for this game and I am just a tad upset that I didn't get into the beta.

The beta hasn't started yet. Sign up to the backstage program and then you'll maybe be in it.

For a collector's edition I'd like steel case, artbook, figurines or helmet busts and also flags of the factions (really like the idea with 3 different editions)

UbiBooma
08-01-2015, 07:02 PM
The beta hasn't started yet. Sign up to the backstage program and then you'll maybe be in it.

Yes yes! And if you want to sign up for the backstage program go here:

http://forhonor.ubisoft.com/ -- my exact url is for English and the United States so make sure everything's all set for you properly :)

An0ther_Player
08-01-2015, 10:03 PM
I'd like an art book, maps of the maps, and a statue of all 3 factions like the current art work of all 3 together!

MightyElephant1
10-26-2015, 11:50 PM
I want it to be like the Witcher 3 collectors edition with a massive statue! i would buy it in an instant, no matter the cost! :D :D

SearingShrapnel
03-22-2016, 07:50 PM
Can it be some amazing 18" polystone Viking vs. Samurai vs. Knight statue? Because I'm already throwing money at my monitor for it.

Tyrjo
03-28-2016, 12:17 PM
Anything BUT a figurine that will be collecting dust shortly after.

SpaceElephant
03-30-2016, 08:43 PM
Glad to see this topic coming back! We will forward these ideas to the team in charge of packagings!

Joe_Corleone
04-03-2016, 06:52 PM
I'm happy I started this thread way back when (yeah I took credit). Hopefully Ubi will realize this game needs a collectors edition, and not just a gold edition.

V4nClief
04-20-2016, 05:44 PM
I definitely agree with the general consensus on this one. Would love to see a collector's edition for each faction include: a figurine of that faction, steel case, a map, and to top it off I would really like to see limited edition armor skins/ornaments maybe even a legendary weapon available only for those who bought the collector's edition.. To me having a limited edition armor skins/ornaments maybe even a legendary weapon to separate me from the rest of the field of battle would be awesome. Gives you the feeling of being a might Achilles the moment your opponent spots you.

carvedaddy
04-21-2016, 05:35 PM
Collectors addition should come with real swords.

V4nClief
04-22-2016, 04:12 PM
I doubt real swords would be an option Ubisoft does not want to incur any potential law suits that may come form it. Although a helm of each faction would be cool, but if made out of authentic material very costly.

NephthysIV
04-26-2016, 09:40 PM
I think a helmet would be really cool. But most collector edtions are really generic and boring: artbook, steelbook, statue....
I found the helmet (http://darkknightarmoury.com/p-16149-epic-dark-visored-barbuta-helmet.aspx) from the Knight in the wallpaper. Really cool :).
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/ncsa/forhonor/website/og/ForHonor_og_1200x630.jpg

V4nClief
04-27-2016, 05:35 PM
All of the armor and helms I have seen look amazing. The devs are doing a great job with the looks of things and cannot wait to see what more they have in store. So I'm all for a mini helm of sorts.

Northur
05-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Steelbook and artbook is a must in collectors edition. The idea of having 3 different variations for the CE based on factions is really nice! I would love to have me some viking themed statue on my bookshelf.

crazzzyboy100
05-04-2016, 10:36 PM
A steelbook case would be awesome

Zercon.
05-04-2016, 11:30 PM
https://45.media.tumblr.com/705cec95695620fc5e11b1b42ac266ce/tumblr_nzs047X0rg1t6ysero1_400.gif

ze_topazio
05-05-2016, 04:55 PM
The skull of my enemy.

Life_Is_Prime
05-08-2016, 01:02 AM
I believe this is my first post on the Ubisoft forums, so hello everyone!

For Honor is a game I am very much anticipating, as is everyone on this forum, so I felt the need to throw in my own ideas as to what a collector's edition should contain.

1. Steelbook
As good as the cover art is, for the collector in me, I want a game case with art unique from the standard version. My preference would be a concept art image or one that is akin to the beautiful Assassin's Creed Unity steelbook illustrated by Tony Moore (Walking Dead comic series) and Angryblue. I would also like to see a combination of material textures, part matte, part glossy. If a steelbook is made for each faction, it would be neat if the packaging represented each culture through cloth, symbols, armor, etc. Whether or not anything is embossed depends on the design choice.

2. Statue
This one is a bit tricky. If there were to be one large statue, it could simply be the three factions as depicted on the regular cover art. However, I find that it would be more interesting if the statue featured all three fighting, their weapons interlocked with each others. If three editions are made, again for each faction, then the statues could either (a) stand on their own in a heroic pose, or (b) connect by base with each other to create the fighting scene I mentioned earlier. Another idea are busts, similar to those made by UbiWorkShop for Assassin's Creed. They could be colored, or they could be monotone, like the bronze busts but gunmetal instead? The last consideration revolves around the helmets. It could be one statue with the three helmets and the respective weapons lying about/piercing each others armor parts/helmets, or it could be a rectangular base that has each helmet (with weapon facing forward yet underneath) spaced evenly.

If there are three editions, I hope that for those that would like to have all three statues, there could be a "mega" edition offered through Ubisoft only. Same with the steelbook, although the "mega" edition could have a steelbook that is a combination of all three factions, should a decision be made for a faction-only collector's edition.

3. Art Book
I love me art books, except when a bigger art book exists out there. An examples would be Watch Dogs. The Collector's edition came with a small sample art-book, whereas Titan Books released a full art book. If this is to happen, please omit the mini art book. Now, it could be like what Titanfall did, in which the Collector's Edition included the complete, large art book (and I think it had a unique cover to separate it from the copies found at retail, or was marked differently.

4. Soundtrack
The music would be a welcome addition, and even better if it came with an actual plastic case (or steelcase)!

5. Misc.
Cloth maps, a lithograph (or lithographs), and faction flags are welcome too. As for DLC, the season pass is good enough, unless you feel that the collector's should also have unique hero skins for the factions. Just please don't throw in something like postcards or a keychain.

That about sums it up for me. These ideas have been floating around ever since the announcement at E3 2015. What does everyone else think? :)

RemittingDust09
05-08-2016, 07:04 AM
Yes to everything above.

Different versions for each faction would definitely make things more interesting - but could be very frustrating if say, all the knight preorders at EB/Gamestop sold out, and you had to wait or buy one you were less interested in.

Steelbooks are a must. Bonus if they had faction specific steelbooks.

Statue or another form of collector memorabilia would be much appreciated. As a female gamer, though I would love to see a badass female viking statue, having helmet busts would be great as well. I do like the main image? And would not complain about a statue of that.

I am not as big of a fan of concept art as some, but wouldn't mind having one.

As for other misc memorabilia - having things like a keychain of your chosen factions helmet would be epic. Flags would be cool. A map or poster, especially signed by devs would be nice as well.

I'd also like to see a collectors specific avatar, or item for in game. Not something that will be a major boost over those who cant/don't get the collectors...but something that clearly marks you as one of the elite.