PDA

View Full Version : p47ners

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 03:33 PM
somebody wrote...

Luftwhiners: charts, drawings, pics, stories, videos, tests, topics always on the first page, intelligent and "long-distance" lobbying, team organisation etc...

USAAFwhiners: P-47 doesn't roll!

VVSwhiners: patch sucks!

To P-47ners and USAAFwhiners:

... too many complains about P-47 roll rate!
Tell you this... wait until the flyable P-51 appears, with all its lovers, its one shot engineoff and low maneouvrability...

I can imagine them saying
Well, then P-47 was superb compared with this.../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 03:33 PM
somebody wrote...

Luftwhiners: charts, drawings, pics, stories, videos, tests, topics always on the first page, intelligent and "long-distance" lobbying, team organisation etc...

USAAFwhiners: P-47 doesn't roll!

VVSwhiners: patch sucks!

To P-47ners and USAAFwhiners:

... too many complains about P-47 roll rate!
Tell you this... wait until the flyable P-51 appears, with all its lovers, its one shot engineoff and low maneouvrability...

I can imagine them saying
Well, then P-47 was superb compared with this.../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-16-2003, 03:58 PM
There is a difference. The P-51 is know to have a glass jaw, and not able to turn on a dime.

The P-47 is also known to have good roll, yet....well why not fly yourself.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Cpt.LoneRanger
08-16-2003, 04:00 PM
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Yes, the P51 will dissapoint many people out there. Just because it's famous doesn't mean it's gonna be uber.

(One reason for that is that this a/c is designed for high altitude combat, which isn't actually modelled in IL2FB and the "fame" is because it was a fighter that covered bombers because of รย*t's hughe operational radius - which nobody will care about in IL2FB, too...)

greets
Cpt.LoneRanger

http://www.cptloneranger.privat.t-online.de/CptLoneRanger.jpg