PDA

View Full Version : Impressions - Visibility step back, strange design.

Neromii
07-18-2015, 04:48 PM
I would like to leave my impressions of the game at the current stage of development.

*Just want to clarify - I'm not a crazy fan of the series characters, but, like many others spent sleepless nights with friends for a great part 3, after bypassing the failed 4, we also played a part in 5, in which I even took the campaign. Heroes 6 left a very mixed impression - any ideas, I have taken to heart, but for the most part I did not understand why, for example, was made completely slurred reputation system. Also, I was totally disappointed with the patch in which "at the request of the fans," added quite ticky-tacky, in my view, flat screens cities. Still in the game there was no anti-aliasing.
Based vyshenapisannogo since the announcement of the 7, I closely followed the news, waiting for developers to take note of all the errors and problems that have repeatedly mentioned players, and released almost the best game in the series. At least, I naively thought that everything was going to.
So, I just want to speak on the subject that I personally immediately catches the eye. Yes, I know it's been discussed many times, but based on what I saw on the forum, many of these innovations relished.

So, with regard to the visual part of it:

First and most important - again, as flat screens arts cities. Yes, they look much better than the trash in 6 parts, but still - why? Why at such a general level of graphics in the game it was so hard to make a full, beautiful 3d, at the same time, for lovers of "old school" to do the opportunity to mount the camera in a certain perspective. I think it would be correct and logical, and has broken to the overall style of the game, as it is doing now, "cartoon" screens cities. Also in this aspect could make a lot of steps forward: beautiful animation construction, cinematic camera that would have revolved around the appropriate structure when you open the window of information about a particular yunite. "A lot of players, it is important to see progress in the development of the city" - clearly - but that does not mean you have to take a step back and return to a flat picture of dubious quality. I believe that all of this merits designers can fit into a modern, high quality 3d, fit perfectly into the style of play, without offending anyone.

The second - the design of some units. First in the queue Seraphim \ Celestials of the Alliance of Light. This is something with something: If the sketch, they look good, it's terrible model - funny short swords, silly animation, especially the point that during the attack bend armor. Sami armor also look silly.
Second in line - Magee, who fly on the carpet, and occupy 4 cells - is nonsense, but the model itself is not bad. I would have, if they so important fly, transplanted in the lotus position in the air, adding animation, they periodically land.
Next on the little things: strange headgear looks at arbaletchikov veterans. While improving detention until legionary shield does not change. A must have.

Thank you for attention.

Arthyen
07-23-2015, 01:06 PM
Also in this aspect could make a lot of steps forward: beautiful animation construction, cinematic camera that would have revolved around the appropriate structure when you open the window of information about a particular yunite.

Exactly, I don't understand why they keep breaking styles, cities should be 3D modeled and animated in the same style as the rest of the game.

DungeonLover
07-23-2015, 02:56 PM
1. 3-d towns would of been a waste of resource, the truth is those resources are better spent on unit models that you see for most of the game. I prefer 2-D simplified town, less graphical requirements and more speed. The town screen should be simply, easy to find buildings and quick.

2. Everyone has there own idea of what is best...I literally have no issues with the designs currently...

Neromii
07-24-2015, 09:33 PM
1. 3-d towns would of been a waste of resource, the truth is those resources are better spent on unit models that you see for most of the game. I prefer 2-D simplified town, less graphical requirements and more speed. The town screen should be simply, easy to find buildings and quick.

2. Everyone has there own idea of what is best...I literally have no issues with the designs currently...

Anyway, it seems to me that if the game is done with a certain style and level of graphics, some of its elements must be in harmony and not to look as if they were taken out of another game.

Rather "it is better from the point of view of mechanics" (fast loading screens cities, a quick search of the desired structure) other enthusiasts would say that the graphics in the game do not need - "Heroes" is a mathematician, and quite symbols units or unpretentious vector images .

But we are now seeing that in graphic terms the game is evolving and I still think that the current town screen - a relic of the past, and does not fit into the overall picture of the game in its current form.

So, in modern versions for hiring of certain units and other buildings in the city allocated individual buttons that players enjoy - in my memory after 3 heroes, no one pressed directly onto the structure, so the argument (easy to find buildings) I do not understand.

Regarding "fast boot" - basically a hard game, as far as I can tell, in terms of graphics, so the download speed - a question to the power of the computer on which it is run, and optimization.

Neromii
07-25-2015, 01:21 AM
Here, for example, I found on the Internet an interesting art that might look like the screen of the necropolis, has Heroes 6.
For me so much nicer than what they did.

http://cs621717.vk.me/v621717258/33f2b/AX_CYmH50DQ.jpg

feidet1
07-25-2015, 01:33 PM

1. I prefer 2D screens, they are more functional and less demanding on system resources. In H5, for the first time to admire views of 3D cities, but then knock on the keyboard to clear them quickly scroll and wait for downloads. What bothers with time as importunate fly.

2. Just do not see any problems with the angel.

feidet1
07-25-2015, 01:35 PM
It is true that those 2D screens have now H7 still require improvement, they now look damp.

Arthyen
07-25-2015, 05:56 PM
1. I prefer 2D screens, they are more functional and less demanding on system resources. .

They are not more functional.

And why should people who are not bums lower their standards to poor, lowest-common-denominator people like you, who can't even handle last gen engine?

You are ridiculous. Do you even not understand that every game has video settings??

Neromii
07-25-2015, 06:40 PM
It is true that those 2D screens have now H7 still require improvement, they now look damp.

+
If they are so fond of 2d and are confident that it will be better, let them do quality 2d
But anyway, in my opinion 2d in the context of the presently illustrated level graphics, is trash.

All this talk about the limitations of time and resources - cheap excuses. It is possible to approach the issue in detail, and to make high quality, like many other developers, moving the release date, and get the output excellent in all aspects of the game, and you can release the semi-finished product, and deprive yourself of a good share of the profits after the players understand what's what .

feidet1
07-25-2015, 07:54 PM
+
If they are so fond of 2d and are confident that it will be better, let them do quality 2d
But anyway, in my opinion 2d in the context of the presently illustrated level graphics, is trash.

All this talk about the limitations of time and resources - cheap excuses. It is possible to approach the issue in detail, and to make high quality, like many other developers, moving the release date, and get the output excellent in all aspects of the game, and you can release the semi-finished product, and deprive yourself of a good share of the profits after the players understand what's what .

I think that even if you give those images that already have the same artist they will still be able to after working on them even to give the best quality. They look like the outline that you want to finish.

feidet1
07-25-2015, 08:02 PM
They are not more functional.

And why should people who are not bums lower their standards to poor, lowest-common-denominator people like you, who can't even handle last gen engine?

You are ridiculous. Do you even not understand that every game has video settings??

They are more functional and this is obvious, if only because they do not need to turn.
I'm not going to argue with you in that tone, tone disobedient child.
Let me just say that the smaller the system requirements for the game the more people will be able to play it, the more people will buy it, the more likely that you'll see additions to this game. That's not counting the fact that many are playing on laptops in a way that is as rare powerful. Think before you write nonsense.

GMnemonic
07-26-2015, 12:43 PM
Computers get more and more powerfull all the time HOMM 6 graphics where great they should have used the same system and work on 3d townscreens to add. Togheter with gameplay, they should work on creature abbilities