PDA

View Full Version : Precursor DNA and Shay Memories...why?

Mr.Black24
07-18-2015, 03:36 AM
So while I'm writing a long overdue review on Rogue, which will be out by tomorrow, these two things popped up in my head. At first I wanted to talk about this in my review thread, but then I realized that this topic might be something of great interest on its own that it might require its own section.

Why does Abstergo want the Precursor DNA? What exactly do they have in mind for it? How will it help them in creating the New World? The Phoenix Project only explained that they wanted to dig into the DNA sequences, but after that, thats it.

And why and who planted the virus in Shay's memories out of all the memory banks? What true importance does Shay have that required such a defense? I know that Altair's is important due to the fact that it showed locations of Pieces of Eden, Ezio's was important due to the message that the First Civ had for everyone, and Connor's was the location of the Key for the Temple. All Shay did, while important to Templar History, was decimate the Brotherhood, but not much else really important to MD.

Thoughts?

Xstantin
07-18-2015, 03:52 AM
mastering precursor technology according to the Phoenix video. Maybe they'll try to create new Pieces of Eden :rolleyes:
not sure what Shay has to do with anything though

Hans684
07-18-2015, 08:04 AM
Why does Abstergo want the Precursor DNA?

Their DNA is a Triple Helix, we have Double Helix.

What exactly do they have in mind for it?

Creating a First Civ. body or improve humans with their DNA. And of course all the knowledge it contains.

How will it help them in creating the New World?

They could "upgrade" humans with it, we could become the First Civ. more or less.

The Phoenix Project only explained that they wanted to dig into the DNA sequences, but after that, thats it.

And knowledge and improving human abilities.

And why and who planted the virus in Shay's memories out of all the memory banks?

No idea.

What true importance does Shay have that required such a defense?

More like knowledge it provides, while they fight over the Precursor Box in MD I doubt how it works is known by them. And it makes a good distraction/signal for the second purge against the MD Assassins within a decade.

Thoughts?

I've said mine.

LoyalACFan
07-18-2015, 09:26 AM
Well, the precursor sites he visited in Portugal and Canada are of pretty major importance, stupid and contrived as they are. If they literally hold the world together, I feel like that's information you don't want getting out to your enemies, or else Montreal might get hit with a mysterious earthquake :rolleyes: All the ones Shay visited (that we know of) are destroyed, but his memories could be the key to finding more. I doubt he just completely lost interest in those sites after stopping Achilles.

GunnerGalactico
07-18-2015, 11:00 AM
Oops! Posted in the wrong thread. Don't know how that happened. Apologies.

Hans684
07-18-2015, 11:36 AM
^ The Assassins were acting like Templars, and the Templars were vice versa.

Not the first time.

Shay sounded like a bumbling fool at times.

A fool knowing what he does and accomplishes it. Connor is the fool that lost everything because of his fighting.

I'm loving it how Connor undid everything Shay had worked so hard to build... hehehe!

I'm not happy with preventing equality, unity and progression.

GunnerGalactico
07-18-2015, 12:27 PM
Not the first time.

A fool knowing what he does and accomplishes it. Connor is the fool that lost everything because of his fighting.

I'm not happy with preventing equality, unity and progression.

Always an answer for everything. Templar bias much. :rolleyes:

Hans684
07-18-2015, 12:32 PM
Always an answer for everything. Templar bias much. :rolleyes:

Everything is permitted :rolleyes:

That would be true, if I blindly followed them. I just know when to support them and when to not. Simply standing by my case, you do the same. I expect nothing less.

GunnerGalactico
07-18-2015, 12:57 PM
Everything is permitted :rolleyes:

That would be true, if I blindly followed them. I just know when to support them and when to not. Simply standing by my case, you do the same. I expect nothing less.

No, no. You have all the right in the world to defend your beliefs as much as the next person. You express your views, I express mine. As long as we don't bicker for stupid reasons, I don't have any problems at all. ;)

Hans684
07-18-2015, 01:03 PM
No, no. You have all the right in the world to defend your beliefs as much as the next person.

That's what I'm doing and I'll continue to do so.

You express your views, I express mine. As long as we don't bicker for stupid reasons, I don't have any problems at all. ;)

No problems then.