PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate // Marx and Engels

potenza1
07-17-2015, 08:51 PM
I hope to Marx and Engels in "AC Syndicate". :cool: They were essential in this era in different specialties. The biggest revolution in this era was the new thinking (Scientist, philosophers ...). Maybe it could be very interesting a DLC with the communist leage and others social movements. I guess that this game without Marx and Engels is like Assassins Creed 2 without Leonardo da Vinci.

Pleases. We dont want the american anti-communist speech for kids in the game. No manipulation type Hollywood.

PS: Maybe the next game could be the Russian revolution and the WWI :rolleyes:

VestigialLlama4
07-17-2015, 09:07 PM
Considering what they did in UNITY to the French Revolution, which Marx saw as the foundation to his theory and beliefs, expecting a positive picture would be most unlikely. The only way to do that would be to pretend that Unity did not happen.UNITY's message was that poor people and masses are innately evil and they ruined Arno and Elise's romance by asking for rights that they did not deserve and they were manipulated against pious earnest fat King Louis XVI by the Evil Templars...aka the forefather of every right-wing/Nazi/Fascist conspiracy theory.

In any case the game is set in 1868, one year after Karl Marx published Das Kapital Part 1 (Part 2 was published after his death). One of the shots in the trailer showed the British Museum (Marx's stomping ground) and the trailers essentially spout Marxist class analysis, so he will be there.

One thing though is that Marx wouldn't be caught dead with Jacob Frye. Jacob Frye believes that street gangs will be a medium to spark a class uprising, Marx explicitly rejected the criminal class of being of any use. He saw criminals and underworld types as essentially parasites who serve the interests of the capitalist classes, he didn't think they had any revolutionary potential and no Marxist revolution was ever founded by appealing to organized crime.

potenza1
08-13-2015, 03:28 PM
Thank you for information but i dont know all the dates of the game. This is a very complex subject and extensive, but this is not my language. i guess that this game have to make clear references to marxim (without anti-communist propaganda like films). If they do a game about London in the Marx´s age ... Marx have to be in the history and the videogame. I spected more of Assassins creed and Ubisoft, but they are thinking in the American market. We know that it is not possible to show this issues in the American market without propaganda, but Europe can play to history games with more level.

D.I.D.
08-13-2015, 10:44 PM
Thank you for information but i dont know all the dates of the game. This is a very complex subject and extensive, but this is not my language. i guess that this game have to make clear references to marxim (without anti-communist propaganda like films). If they do a game about London in the Marx´s age ... Marx have to be in the history and the videogame. I spected more of Assassins creed and Ubisoft, but they are thinking in the American market. We know that it is not possible to show this issues in the American market without propaganda, but Europe can play to history games with more level.

Syndicate starts in 1868 and ends in 1868. We might see other years in DLC/expansions, perhaps.

Sorrosyss
08-14-2015, 01:10 AM
I'd actually like to see Marx too. Some of the themes present in the trailers would certainly suit his appearance.

I studied the Russian revolution at school, and the events in Russia during the end of the first World War, into the early 1920s, were a fascinating period of upheaval. It would be a pretty ripe time for a full AC game. Alas they have already used it with the Orelov comics and indeed the upcoming Chronicles game. Still you never know. We have a Russian assassin in the modern day at least...