PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Syndicate The Tour - Fan reactions!!!

Mr_Shade
07-17-2015, 02:44 PM
Please see the following site for players reactions to playing ACS at the recent Assassin's Creed Syndicate The Tour!

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/Assassins-creed-the-tour/index.aspx?ncid=22-3836-None--2-odsocmed-16-22-ACS_PostEventPage_Post--1-4-8-0715

SixKeys
07-18-2015, 05:13 AM
The last guy:

"I feel like the franchise is really innovating in ways that I've never seen before."

Lolwut?

pacmanate
07-18-2015, 11:29 AM
The last guy:

"I feel like the franchise is really innovating in ways that I've never seen before."

Lolwut?

http://sheattack.com/myblog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/casual-gamer-300x228.jpeg

Can you imagine if Ubisoft took all of us forum guys to help on a next game? We would probably make the best AC game with all of our ideas, the best ideas i have seen for AC come from this forum and its such a shame we wont ever get these in game.

Also, can you imagine if all of us played the demo and reacted? I'm sure the reactions would be very different to the ones in this video. I have seen a lot of people this year being very critical and I am so glad I am not the only one for once. This is how you get heard, if you keep praising something you love that shouldn't be praised, it wont change.

Alphacos007
07-19-2015, 04:39 AM
Eh, tbh the forum is very different opinion-wise, and the fan-base as a whole never truly knows what they want. One of the best examples, they cryed for no MD, now that we almost don't have it, they cry for MD. It would be indeed interesting if some of the forum members were invited to give special feedback, but I don't think that letting the forums "design" the next game would be a very good idea.
But meh, that wouldn't give them any extra money, so I doubt it'll ever happen.

SixKeys
07-19-2015, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I don't think a bunch of non-game designers could really make a better AC game than people with experience and skill. :p Plus like Alphacos says, the forums are hardly ever in total agreement.

VoXngola
07-19-2015, 02:19 PM
I'm sorry but I'm not gonna believe these "fan reactions".

D51-ClaudioACSy
07-19-2015, 04:49 PM

I've had the chance to participate at the Tour, all I can say is that this A.C. will be awesome !!! For the first time since Ezio, I have the feeling that the franchise is really revamped.

Xstantin
07-19-2015, 07:02 PM
For the first time since Ezio, I have the feeling that the franchise is really revamped.

could you tell us more? how so?

SixKeys
07-19-2015, 07:14 PM

Some of them did feel a bit rehearsed, didn't they?

But most of them are genuine, I'm sure.

I-Like-Pie45
07-19-2015, 08:25 PM
is assassin_m in this one as well

i remember seeing him in a for honor vid

D51-ClaudioACSy
07-19-2015, 10:23 PM
could you tell us more? how so?
Of course. in fact, it's very easy to explain ;)

When I've played at Syndicate Demo, I've had the same feeling when I played at AC II. A lot of things were similar but everything were changed.

In Syndicate it's the same. You think that Jacob moves are like Arno's but they aren't. Jacob's are really astonishing !!! He is so brutal, so charismatic. You know what, some of these remembers me Ezio when he smash Venice Guards !!!!

The rope launcher is a great lift for the parkour:D And it's so easy to use it. The carriages are GTA like but it 's not so disturbing.

For an alpha version, the animations were so fluid that it really amazes me.

Finally, I'm really optimistic for this A.C. Also I can't wait to play with Evie:o

Alphacos007
07-19-2015, 10:33 PM
I really want to see an Evie gameplay, I want to see how different she plays from Jacob, and I hope her missions are open like Jacob ones, not linear like Ciri's on Witcher 3.

SixKeys
07-20-2015, 05:29 AM

When I've played at Syndicate Demo, I've had the same feeling when I played at AC II. A lot of things were similar but everything were changed.

In Syndicate it's the same. You think that Jacob moves are like Arno's but they aren't. Jacob's are really astonishing !!! He is so brutal, so charismatic. You know what, some of these remembers me Ezio when he smash Venice Guards !!!!

The rope launcher is a great lift for the parkour:D And it's so easy to use it. The carriages are GTA like but it 's not so disturbing.

For an alpha version, the animations were so fluid that it really amazes me.

Finally, I'm really optimistic for this A.C. Also I can't wait to play with Evie:o

Honest question: have you played any of the other games since AC2? Because literally every single thing in the Syndicate demo has been in one or several games since AC2.

Jacob's and Arno's animations are the same, the devs confirmed this.

Carriages are from AC2 and Revelations.

Rope launcher is a reskinned Eagle Flight from the AC3 DLC.

Gangs are from AC Brotherhood.

I'm just genuinely baffled how you feel like any of these features are new.

Xstantin
07-20-2015, 06:59 AM

well, I'm glad you liked it. I hope I can avoid carriages as much as possible though.

Altair1789
07-20-2015, 08:11 AM
Honest question: have you played any of the other games since AC2? Because literally every single thing in the Syndicate demo has been in one or several games since AC2.

Jacob's and Arno's animations are the same, the devs confirmed this.

Carriages are from AC2 and Revelations.

Rope launcher is a reskinned Eagle Flight from the AC3 DLC.

Gangs are from AC Brotherhood.

I'm just genuinely baffled how you feel like any of these features are new.

They added tons of never before seen features. For example, using fists to fight, multiple enemy counter attacks, whistling, and a hallucinogenic dart

VestigialLlama4
07-20-2015, 08:22 AM
They added tons of never before seen features. For example, using fists to fight, multiple enemy counter attacks, whistling, and a hallucinogenic dart

We've been using fists since Sequence 1, Memory 1 (Boys will be Boys) of Assassin's Creed II, hallucinogenic darts is Poison Darts (introduced in Brotherhood) which was later refashioned into Berserker Darts in the Blowpipe in Liberation/Black Flag. And multiple enemy counters were there in Assassin's Creed III in specific contexts as well. Carriages were introduced in Assassin's Creed II in that long scripted chase scene of Ezio and Leonardo in the Apennine Mountains, then in Brotherhood for one of the Leonardo missions and then two big missions of Assassin's Creed Revelations. And as for traveling in cities, we can use horses to travel inside cities in Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed III as well, only now we have carriages. And honestly that makes no sense, you'd travel faster on a single horse than a carriage, carriages were invented for comfort and transportation of goods and services, not speed.

About the one new thing you can say is the Grappling Hook and even there it comes from Eagle Flight in the Tyranny DLC (created by the same team that are behind Syndicate) and the ziplining comes from Assassin's Creed Revelations. And also the whole grappling hook/ziplining is a steal from the Arkham games which had the Line Launcher and Grappling Hook. Also multiple protagonists? Assassin's Creed Revelations and Assassin's Creed III got there first and we have had Aveline (who unlike Evie got her full game as did Shao Jun in Chronicles China).

So tell me what are these "tons of never before seen features" of which you speak?

SixKeys
07-20-2015, 09:29 AM
I think he was being sarcastic.

pacmanate
07-20-2015, 12:12 PM
I think he was being sarcastic.

You would hope at least, haha.

D51-ClaudioACSy
07-20-2015, 07:37 PM
I'm an hardcore fan and I've played all of the AC's. I never say that everything is new, I say that everything is revamped.

Like AC 2 VS AC 1, you will have the feeling that it's the same but I can assure you that it's not.

All the mechanisms have been used in the past, but they're different for me.

The moves of the carriage in brotherhood is totally different than those in Syndicate.

Even if we already have used the fists in the past, it haven't the brutality that Jacob's. They look like Ezio ones but it's not.

The counter kills of more than 2 enemies is totally new 😍😍😍 I've had the chance to make a counter kill of 4 and it's f..... ing amazing !!!!!!

Finally, the rope launcher. It's so cool to use it. It reminds me the eagle power from the Tyranny, but the animations are way more elaborated.