PDA

View Full Version : Code Of Honor - Pre-Alpha Demo Impressions Q&A ft. Assassin_M & SixKeys

Fatal-Feit
07-17-2015, 12:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d8plBv7YX4

Here's the podcast I promised! Special thanks to Assassin_M and SixKeys for the opportunity.

MrJoker.
07-17-2015, 01:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d8plBv7YX4

Here's the podcast I promised! Special thanks to Assassin_M and SixKeys for the opportunity.
Very interesting stuff ! Thanks guys!

guest-7lONTXP5
07-17-2015, 01:59 PM
Yay, my questions were asked :D. But still hope the execution thing gets in the final release. Good luck for better audio quality next time^^

I THULSA DOOM I
07-17-2015, 08:12 PM
Sounded great until the end where SixKeys said something to the tune of “luck is involved in winning”. I’m hoping luck has nothing to do with winning in this game.

Solid_Altair
07-17-2015, 11:33 PM
I think he meant guessy-luck, not dice-rolling-luck. Guessy-luck is the luck involved in mind games, which can hardly be called luck at all. So, I think it'll be fine. I also think many people can overestimate how much guessing will be involved. The more you space, the less you'll need to guess. I think the most skilled and tactical players won't need to make many gambles in order to dominate their opponents.

Very good podcast, guys. And I'm usually not a fan of podcasts. I liked its structure, how Fatal-Feit was kind of a host. There was a good variety of questions, coming from different sources in the net. And although the sound wasn't pretty, it was perfectly understandable all throughout. So, I wouldn't worry about it. :)

I feel honored and was one of the "honored warriors" and appreciate that you guys answered my question. A special thanks for even considering the extra remarks I made on the forums, when answering the question itself. As for the answer, although I kinda disagree, I think you guys provided some awesome data. If you ha dthe impression that all heavy attacks guard crushed, that might be because you were always blocking them by staying in the stance for too long, as if you were doing an early input (which might be kinda like a bad timing). That actually goes along with my main hypothesis, that heavy attacks cause guard breaks on badly-timed parries. Thanks a lot! :D

Narnsil
07-17-2015, 11:36 PM
Cooly :)

Fatal-Feit
07-18-2015, 03:00 AM
Yay, my questions were asked :D. But still hope the execution thing gets in the final release. Good luck for better audio quality next time^^

Same here! The animations are beautiful and whether it happens or not, I hope it doesn't suffer from the same jittery issue that was in Unity. And thanks, I promise better audio next time.

I think he meant guessy-luck, not dice-rolling-luck. Guessy-luck is the luck involved in mind games, which can hardly be called luck at all. So, I think it'll be fine. I also think many people can overestimate how much guessing will be involved. The more you space, the less you'll need to guess. I think the most skilled and tactical players won't need to make many gambles in order to dominate their opponents.

Mhm. Nailed it.

Very good podcast, guys. And I'm usually not a fan of podcasts. I liked its structure, how Fatal-Feit was kind of a host. There was a good variety of questions, coming from different sources in the net. And although the sound wasn't pretty, it was perfectly understandable all throughout. So, I wouldn't worry about it. :)

I feel honored and was one of the "honored warriors" and appreciate that you guys answered my question. A special thanks for even considering the extra remarks I made on the forums, when answering the question itself. As for the answer, although I kinda disagree, I think you guys provided some awesome data. If you ha dthe impression that all heavy attacks guard crushed, that might be because you were always blocking them by staying in the stance for too long, as if you were doing an early input (which might be kinda like a bad timing). That actually goes along with my main hypothesis, that heavy attacks cause guard breaks on badly-timed parries. Thanks a lot! :D

Hey, thanks! I was the host, but we were short on time so I was being derpy. Didn't even give them a proper introduction, hehe. I'm glad it's still enjoyable.

Hopefully you get into the beta next month to confirm your hypothesis.

Havemercy87
07-18-2015, 03:26 AM
Fantastic Podcast guys. Thanks to _M, SixKeys, and Fatal. You guys really helped with the information here. Like Solid said, I feel honored and appreciate you guys taking the time to answer our questions and share your experiences. I had it streaming to my tv and we were hanging onto every word.

I'm glad to hear you didn't see any stats for gear and there was a wide range of armor to choose from. Also glad to hear about the movement speeds and timing. Sounds like they did a good job with system response.

I like Sixkeys remark on slimming down the UI, do something more streamlined. I'm hoping the indicators were for the demo only. Anyway, thanks again guys

Dead1y-Derri
07-18-2015, 09:57 PM
Thanks for posting this, I'll be sure to listen to this in its entirety when I have some free time.

Fatal-Feit
07-18-2015, 11:14 PM
Fantastic Podcast guys. Thanks to _M, SixKeys, and Fatal. You guys really helped with the information here. Like Solid said, I feel honored and appreciate you guys taking the time to answer our questions and share your experiences. I had it streaming to my tv and we were hanging onto every word.

I'm glad to hear you didn't see any stats for gear and there was a wide range of armor to choose from. Also glad to hear about the movement speeds and timing. Sounds like they did a good job with system response.

I like Sixkeys remark on slimming down the UI, do something more streamlined. I'm hoping the indicators were for the demo only. Anyway, thanks again guys

Aw, shucks.

Same here! I'm totally okay with customization being mainly a cosmetic thing. It will help keep the game balanced and allow players to customize their characters' looks any way they want without being limited to certain stats.

Haha, yep. Or as _M put it ''Yeah, that's Ubisoft. Always like to put big stuff on your screen. Makes you think if it compensates for something.'' But I think the devs already got the message by now. We'll most likely get to see a slimmer HUD in the beta.

Solid_Altair
07-21-2015, 04:46 AM
Hopefully you get into the beta next month to confirm your hypothesis.
Thanks! I hope so, too!

I admit I'm not good at quickly finding exploits, which is one of the main purposes of a beta, I suppose. But I have an eye for this kind of detail about elements that have in common with fight games (such as the guard crushes). Maybe I could end up giving some useful feedback on things like this. I also like to write user tutorials about these things, once I have the chance to test things out.

I'd pre-order now, to play the beta. I'd even pay specifically for it. Really wanna put my hands on this game (or a piece of it), ASAP. I keep dreaming about it and everything. :o

premiumart
07-22-2015, 06:14 PM
I feel like they fighting system isnt actually that revolutionary, because there already was mount & blade and then chivalry, but its pretty awesome that there is a game for the broad market bringing more attention to meele focused games.

Also i like the customization, i did read about it on some websites but its good that its confirmed that there are several armors and that genders arent bound to classes.

Thak you for making a podcast and share that information with us.