PDA

View Full Version : Jousting?

VoidWalker-
07-16-2015, 02:37 PM
Recently downloaded an ios game called Rival Knights to quench my medieval thirst while i am on holidays. Its a very addictive and fun game. Even though it may not be a perfect fit for for honor it could be one of the mini multiplayer 1vs1 duel games. After all i want for honor to be the ultimate medieval mutiplayer game. Jousting, fist fights, massive scale battles should be included.

Dead1y-Derri
07-18-2015, 09:54 PM
It would be an interesting concept but like you said it's not exactly a perfect fit. I don't think there has ever been a console game with jousting as a major mechanic so I think it would be fun.

Fatal-Feit
07-18-2015, 10:35 PM
Not exactly what you want, but I'm totally down for a For Honor game app. It would be an awesome way to take the core concept of samurais vs knights vs vikings and go crazy with it. I mean, jousting, fist fights, they can be some of the mini games on the app.

Dead1y-Derri
07-18-2015, 11:41 PM
Not exactly what you want, but I'm totally down for a For Honor game app. It would be an awesome way to take the core concept of samurais vs knights vs vikings and go crazy with it. I mean, jousting, fist fights, they can be some of the mini games on the app.

Now that you mention an APP is their conformation of an APP being made for this game?

Fatal-Feit
07-18-2015, 11:47 PM
Now that you mention an APP is their conformation of an APP being made for this game?

As far as I know, nope.

Dead1y-Derri
07-18-2015, 11:49 PM
As far as I know, nope.

I don't honestly know what they'd do with an APP. I mean AC Unity Companion App was poorly implemented as it didn't really offer anything significant in my own personal view. So I wonder if they will do one for For Honor

Fatal-Feit
07-18-2015, 11:58 PM
I don't honestly know what they'd do with an APP. I mean AC Unity Companion App was poorly implemented as it didn't really offer anything significant in my own personal view. So I wonder if they will do one for For Honor

Well, assuming it's something that's integrated into the game like Unity, I imagine it could be used as a map of the whole match, achievements, or players' current K/D stats. Ya know, stuff that aren't on the HUD. Basically what Nintendo does with the tablet.

Dead1y-Derri
07-19-2015, 12:02 AM
Well, assuming it's something that's integrated into the game like Unity, I imagine it could be used as a map of the whole match, achievements, or players' current K/D stats. Ya know, stuff that aren't on the HUD. Basically what Nintendo does with the tablet.

Yeah I understand where you're coming from.

Part of me that's being cynical though would say why bother with an APP if they're going to make it a second screen or like you said a place to have stats and other small things. It would be cool if they could do some mini games or something to make the APP worthwhile. Watch Dogs had an APP which connected you to someone playing the game and you had a little fight controlling the CTOS while you, the player were in a vehicle avoiding the chaos being caused.

Havemercy87
07-19-2015, 01:01 AM

I really like the idea of a companion app. Using it as a second screen would be awesome and very efficient. And give the player the option to use the app as their hud, completely free up the game screen, with the exception of health bars and gamer tags.

Yeah I understand where you're coming from.

Part of me that's being cynical though would say why bother with an APP if they're going to make it a second screen or like you said a place to have stats and other small things. It would be cool if they could do some mini games or something to make the APP worthwhile.

If they really wanted to go all out, which if the game does well enough( I can't imagine it not) they may want to consider something on these lines. I don't know what kind of mini games they could put on this, but it would be interesting and might be extra incentive to get the app.

I love Good ideas lol

Fatal-Feit
07-19-2015, 03:28 AM
Part of me that's being cynical though would say why bother with an APP if they're going to make it a second screen or like you said a place to have stats and other small things. It would be cool if they could do some mini games or something to make the APP worthwhile. Watch Dogs had an APP which connected you to someone playing the game and you had a little fight controlling the CTOS while you, the player were in a vehicle avoiding the chaos being caused.

I don't blame you for being cynical. Ubisoft have had a history of poor game apps and Unity's, specifically, have left an awful taste in my mouth. Ugh. What I'd like to see them do, if they don't try to integrate an app into the game, is make it into something like Fallout Shelter. Something that's sort of a side project. We don't have to get it, but it's something neat for the fans. And heck, they could even put some microtransactions into it. But yeah, an app full of mini games as we discussed. I think that would be cool. I'm already imagining all the possibility with an app like that. There could be a 2D strategy game. --Like a downgraded Total War game on the phone with For Honor's setting and cast.

I really like the idea of a companion app. Using it as a second screen would be awesome and very efficient. And give the player the option to use the app as their hud, completely free up the game screen, with the exception of health bars and gamer tags.

lol, i would totally use it if the HUD remains the same it was in the pre-alpha demo

Havemercy87
07-19-2015, 11:32 AM
There could be a 2D strategy game. --Like a downgraded Total War game on the phone with For Honor's setting and cast.
I like this idea. I'd like to elaborate on this idea, hope you don't mind Fatal..

Could have it based on the same premises as FH Dominion. Player vs player/ai, you have control of either defending team or attacking.
Your team would be comprised of a set number of troops from each class per the faction you're playing, utilizing the strengths and weaknesses of each you have to control the zones and break the enemy. A point system could go something like this. Each enemy killed is 10 points and a CP would be 100 with a break point of 500. I like this next part. You control your respawns, but, respawns cost 5 points..

This just came to me, as always, critiques and criticism are welcome

Dead1y-Derri
07-19-2015, 11:52 AM
I don't blame you for being cynical. Ubisoft have had a history of poor game apps and Unity's, specifically, have left an awful taste in my mouth. Ugh. What I'd like to see them do, if they don't try to integrate an app into the game, is make it into something like Fallout Shelter. Something that's sort of a side project. We don't have to get it, but it's something neat for the fans. And heck, they could even put some microtransactions into it. But yeah, an app full of mini games as we discussed. I think that would be cool. I'm already imagining all the possibility with an app like that. There could be a 2D strategy game. --Like a downgraded Total War game on the phone with For Honor's setting and cast.

I think something along the lines of what you've suggested would work and actually make the APP worthwhile as I've seen Ubisoft make countless APPs before for games and to be honest they haven't really brought much to the game. I mean the companion APP for unit was close to pointless and really you only needed it for the chest openings but a lot of people don't really care much for that.

Fatal-Feit
07-19-2015, 10:45 PM
I think something along the lines of what you've suggested would work and actually make the APP worthwhile as I've seen Ubisoft make countless APPs before for games and to be honest they haven't really brought much to the game. I mean the companion APP for unit was close to pointless and really you only needed it for the chest openings but a lot of people don't really care much for that.

I wouldn't say Unity's app is pointless, but rather it was too restrictive. It locked about 20% of the side content just to have you play it. There was no way of getting 100% in the game without investing hours and hours into the app. A whole equipment set was locked. A whole series of contract side missions were locked. The most important legacy outfit was locked. All of Helix Rift's collectibles were locked. And, as you said, it locked a good chunk of the chests. OH WAIT, and the worse part was that the app didn't work! And it had a premium service that reverts because of a glitch! Ubisoft would be damned to pull that BS again. :p

Okay, I'm getting off-topic...

I like this idea. I'd like to elaborate on this idea, hope you don't mind Fatal..

Could have it based on the same premises as FH Dominion. Player vs player/ai, you have control of either defending team or attacking.
Your team would be comprised of a set number of troops from each class per the faction you're playing, utilizing the strengths and weaknesses of each you have to control the zones and break the enemy. A point system could go something like this. Each enemy killed is 10 points and a CP would be 100 with a break point of 500. I like this next part. You control your respawns, but, respawns cost 5 points..

This just came to me, as always, critiques and criticism are welcome

NP, I'm glad you like the idea!

Sounds good. You actually gave me an idea. Perhaps they can make some sort of a Clash of Clans game out of it. Maybe that's what you're going for.

* When you start the game, you're given the choice between the 3 main factions to play as. Each of them take place in their own regional setting with their own aesthetics. Like in the cinematic trailer.

* Like other games of the genre, you build your settlement, recruit troops for attacking, set defenses against invaders, etc, etc.

* This can be played online, so other players of the opposing factions can invade your settlement and vice versa. You can also help players of the same faction and join clans, etc, etc. Basic online functionalities.

* Each faction has their own exclusive heroes to make and they play a big role in battles. They're expensive, but deal the most damage. Pretty sure you guys get what's up. :p

* In battles, whether you're the defender or invader, CP plays a big role, as you've described. CPs are how you spawn troops, etc, etc.

Perhaps you guys can elaborate more on this if you like it.

Dead1y-Derri
07-19-2015, 11:28 PM
I wouldn't say Unity's app is pointless, but rather it was too restrictive. It locked about 20% of the side content just to have you play it. There was no way of getting 100% in the game without investing hours and hours into the app. A whole equipment set was locked. A whole series of contract side missions were locked. The most important legacy outfit was locked. All of Helix Rift's collectibles were locked. And, as you said, it locked a good chunk of the chests. OH WAIT, and the worse part was that the app didn't work! And it had a premium service that reverts because of a glitch! Ubisoft would be damned to pull that BS again. :p

Okay, I'm getting off-topic...

We are getting a little off topic but I want to add. I didn't mean pointless as in it wasn't useful or interesting because it kind of was but to me it was not necessary for the game. Its like they wanted to add an APP in so we got something that wasn't necessary and could have easily been in chests that were tied to specific side missions or something. It just felt kind of 'added on'.

Fatal-Feit
07-19-2015, 11:38 PM
We are getting a little off topic but I want to add. I didn't mean pointless as in it wasn't useful or interesting because it kind of was but to me it was necessary for the game. Its like they wanted to add an APP in so we got something that wasn't necessary and could have easily been in chests that were tied to specific side missions or something. It just felt kind of 'added on'.

Yeah, I agree! Non of those things should have been locked. If they wanted to give players an incentive to use the app, they should have done something like allow players to mark enemies in the game via the mobile device or something. Things that enhance the experience, not restrict it.

Havemercy87
07-20-2015, 12:40 AM
Sounds good. You actually gave me an idea. Perhaps they can make some sort of a Clash of Clans game out of it. Maybe that's what you're going for.

* When you start the game, you're given the choice between the 3 main factions to play as. Each of them take place in their own regional setting with their own aesthetics. Like in the cinematic trailer.

* Like other games of the genre, you build your settlement, recruit troops for attacking, set defenses against invaders, etc, etc.

* This can be played online, so other players of the opposing factions can invade your settlement and vice versa. You can also help players of the same faction and join clans, etc, etc. Basic online functionalities.

* Each faction has their own exclusive heroes to make and they play a big role in battles. They're expensive, but deal the most damage. Pretty sure you guys get what's up. :p

* In battles, whether you're the defender or invader, CP plays a big role, as you've described. CPs are how you spawn troops, etc, etc.

Perhaps you guys can elaborate more on this if you like it.

I was going for more of a little side gig for a companion app. Something that could be small and quick. More of an incentive to have the app for it really.

I like your idea here, more of a full fledged app than what I was thinking, but definitely cool! I haven't tried clash of clans yet mind you, but I would definitely give this a try.