PDA

View Full Version : How to resurrect Desmond.

Think_first
07-15-2015, 07:33 AM
I have an idea how Ubisoft could resurrect desmond, and at the same time, add some meat to the storylines.

Desmond could come back as an AI inside Animus, a sort of Ghost in the Machine.

After all, the animus is made up of Desmonds genetic data, so it would be totally possible for a ghost of Desmond to form up out of this data, and become a roque AI inside Animus.

Imagine playing a future AC game, and suddenly seeing Desmond standing in the crowd, staring at you.
And when you looked again, he would be gone.

You would contact your handlers, who would assure you that Desmond is dead and that there are no such things as Ghosts in the machine.
They would tell you to continue to your next objective.

But then, when you made your kill and turned to leave, you would see Desmond again, in the shadows. Staring straight at you.

It would so freak all Ac fans out!

Later, the AI desmond could cut you off from your handlers and tell you of a vile conspiracy, which you would need to stop together.

And in later games, this ghost of Desmond could act as a sort of guardian angel to players.
-or he could go rogue. The possibilities are endless.

But the bottom line is, they could resurrect Desmond in this cool manner, no sweat. And it would add additional plotline to the rather flat modern storyline...

steveeire
07-15-2015, 07:50 AM
He may not even be really dead.

Hans684
07-15-2015, 08:13 AM
He's physically dead but alive in The Gray with Clay and Juno. All he needs is a new body.

dxsxhxcx
07-15-2015, 12:34 PM
IMO it would feel forced as hell to bring Desmond back in any way, the lack of a proper modern day protagonist is a problem, but not the lack of Desmond, his role in the game as far as I'm concerned is done...

ze_topazio
07-15-2015, 12:49 PM
http://image.dhgate.com/desc_341934203_00.jpg

Sorrosyss
07-15-2015, 01:07 PM
It's entirely possible to bring him back. The writers could do any number of things. As of now, all we know is that his conciousness is within the Grey. The Phoenix Project could give him a body to return to, or the Ankh from the comics/rogue etc.

In my view though, he's very much finished his story. He saved the world, and the audio logs of AC4 very much felt like a goodbye from the character for good. Mr North's recent interview kind of suggested he was fed up with Desmond, so I'm not entirely sure he'd want to come back, but that's just my speculation.

Another argument would be, whatever Desmond knows, you can guarantee Clay knows, and probably more. We had Clay playing the ghost in the machine already if you think about it, so... I dunno. I'm more inclined to just let Desmond be and let the next hero or heroine take up the reins. Hopefully one who is already trained, so we can actually do missions in the modern day rather than standing around talking. :p

steveeire
07-15-2015, 02:25 PM
You know he could have a brother or sister or even a child.

http://image.dhgate.com/desc_341934203_00.jpg

I want to hug your post.

SixKeys
07-15-2015, 07:53 PM
I think all the professional game critics at IGN, Kotaku etc. would release a collective groan so loud it could be heard the world over if Desmond were to be resurrected in any form, so we're probably not gonna see him again. They can allude to him being alive in the Grey all they want, but I think that's more fan service than a sign of devs wanting to bring him back in any meaningful way.

Assassin_M
07-15-2015, 08:37 PM
How would this make the present day better? Unpredictability? You already thought about it and posted it on the official public forum. I really don't get it.

steveeire
07-16-2015, 01:44 AM
I think all the professional game critics at IGN, Kotaku etc. would release a collective groan so loud it could be heard the world over if Desmond were to be resurrected in any form, so we're probably not gonna see him again. They can allude to him being alive in the Grey all they want, but I think that's more fan service than a sign of devs wanting to bring him back in any meaningful way.
People still read IGN and rear end of the Internet that is Kotaku?

Think_first
07-20-2015, 07:45 AM
Desmond was the center of the story, an anchor if you will.
-without him, the whole creed is like a unsecured sail, which flaps energetically in the wind, but does not move the ship.

Without Desmond, the series is transformed into a mediocre fantasy blah blah.

Dieinthedark
07-20-2015, 08:21 PM
Desmond was the center of the story, an anchor if you will.
-without him, the whole creed is like a unsecured sail, which flaps energetically in the wind, but does not move the ship.

Without Desmond, the series is transformed into a mediocre fantasy blah blah.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I have a hard time believing that at this point in the AC franchise someone is going to look at a review to determine if they're going to buy the game or not. I think generally people are going to know. So IGN/Kotaku etc...I don't think their opinion matters. AC needs a focus again instead of some nameless, faceless, bodyless except for a hand, modern day character playing some historical memories.