PDA

View Full Version : Game won't start after update

ettpunktnoll
07-14-2015, 05:17 PM
Hi,

Just recieved the Max Awesome update (i think; about 1 GB update downloaded via Steam).
But now the game freezes upon startup. I can't even see the first splash screen. It opens up in a full screen window, goes all black and nothing happens. If I click or press anything a dialog box pops up and tells me that "trials_fusion.exe is not responding".

I have verified the games cache, and rebooted my computer. Anything else I can do?

En0-
07-14-2015, 05:33 PM
Hello,

Stupid question, did you try to reboot your PC?

Cheers

ettpunktnoll
07-14-2015, 05:43 PM
Hello,

Stupid question, did you try to reboot your PC?

Cheers

Hi!

Not a stupid question at all. That usally takes care of things. :)
But sadly, yes I have. It didn't work. Still crashing.

En0-
07-14-2015, 05:58 PM
Hi!

Not a stupid question at all. That usally takes care of things. :)
But sadly, yes I have. It didn't work. Still crashing.

Hi,

So the next stupid is painful question is usually... Did you try to reinstall the game? I know it's painfull to redownload everything but if there was a glitch during the download, it would probably fix it.

Cheers,

ettpunktnoll
07-14-2015, 06:11 PM
Hi,

So the next stupid is painful question is usually... Did you try to reinstall the game? I know it's painfull to redownload everything but if there was a glitch during the download, it would probably fix it.

Cheers,

The thing is that my cloud sync is not working properly. I've been in contact with the support before and they said the only solution was to disable cloud sync and rely on my local saves. That means that I can't reinstall without losing all my progress. :(

I think I'll have to send in a new ticket to see if that is something that has changed, but last time they said "tough luck, your cloud save is corrupt. Nothing to do".

But thanks, I'll see what I can do after I've spoken to them.

En0-
07-14-2015, 07:28 PM
Hi,

In "My Documents", there is a "Trials Fusion" folder. In this one, copy the "SavedGames" folder somewhere else.

Uninstall, reinstall, copy back the SavedGames folder at his place and you will still have your progresses :)

Cheers,

KrAzZzHD
07-14-2015, 07:40 PM
I have the excactly SAME problem! Only could get the game to start ist after starting to push STRG+ALT+DEL and then push ESC. but now it doesnt work anymore!

ettpunktnoll
07-14-2015, 11:37 PM
Hi,

In "My Documents", there is a "Trials Fusion" folder. In this one, copy the "SavedGames" folder somewhere else.

Uninstall, reinstall, copy back the SavedGames folder at his place and you will still have your progresses :)

Cheers,

And that's all of my progress? Great stuff.
Thank you for your help!

Ciao!

En0-
07-15-2015, 06:12 AM
And that's all of my progress? Great stuff.
Thank you for your help!

Ciao!

Yes, if you're a builder, you may want to save your local tracks as well.

KrAzZzHD
07-15-2015, 11:08 AM
I deleted the Savegame folder deleted everything from the game. Redownloaded it and installed again! THE EXCACT SAME problem as before!
And my PC is overpowered for this game. i5-3570k, 780 TI

En0-
07-15-2015, 11:36 AM
Hello,

I deleted the Savegame folder deleted everything from the game. Redownloaded it and installed again! THE EXCACT SAME problem as before!
And my PC is overpowered for this game. i5-3570k, 780 TI

You probably have a software installed that has an impact on your GPU and prevents us to initialize the game as we need.

Please contact Ubisoft customer support, they have tools and processes to trouble shoot the issue.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/875276-How-To-Report-A-Bug-Error-READ-FIRST

Cheers,

ettpunktnoll
07-15-2015, 12:45 PM
Hello,

You probably have a software installed that has an impact on your GPU and prevents us to initialize the game as we need.

Please contact Ubisoft customer support, they have tools and processes to trouble shoot the issue.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/875276-How-To-Report-A-Bug-Error-READ-FIRST

Cheers,

Hi man,

Just wanted to report in that I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game completely and it still doesn't work. I played the game mere hours before the update downloaded on Steam and it worked fine, so something in that update made it all wonky. Just a FYI.

Quickspecs: i4670k, 16 GB RAM, GTX 980Ti

En0-
07-15-2015, 12:50 PM
Hi man,

Just wanted to report in that I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game completely and it still doesn't work. I played the game mere hours before the update downloaded on Steam and it worked fine, so something in that update made it all wonky. Just a FYI.

Quickspecs: i4670k, 16 GB RAM, GTX 980Ti

Hi!

Thank you for the information.

When was the last time you played before the update please?

We will verify, but as far as I know we didn't change anything related to graphics/system.

Does the game crash or it just hangs?

Regards,

ettpunktnoll
07-15-2015, 01:17 PM
Hi!

Thank you for the information.

When was the last time you played before the update please?

We will verify, but as far as I know we didn't change anything related to graphics/system.

Does the game crash or it just hangs?

Regards,

I've just gotten a new display, and that might be a part of the problem:

Okay. Weird thing happened. I started the game to take screen shots of the issue. First the app opens a black fullscreen window. The Windows "busy" cursor is visible. Then, if I don't do anything, this stays the same. Nothing happens. If I click anywhere or press a key, the black window goes gray and "trials_fusion.exe has stopped working" pops up.
But this time, I ALT-TAB'd out to start Photoshop and as soon as the Photoshop app started, the screen flickered a bit, and the game started in the background. I can reproduce this every time.

I guess that it has something with going to with the resolution changes. I've played lots of Trials Fusion but never encountered this problem. I, as I said, just upgraded my display - from 1080p to 1440p. It seems that the booting of Photoshop triggers something that starts displaying Trials or something. It looks quite weird.

Sorry if I'm a bit incomprehensible. I hope anything of this makes sense.

Cheers.

KrAzZzHD
07-15-2015, 03:10 PM
I've just gotten a new display, and that might be a part of the problem:

Okay. Weird thing happened. I started the game to take screen shots of the issue. First the app opens a black fullscreen window. The Windows "busy" cursor is visible. Then, if I don't do anything, this stays the same. Nothing happens. If I click anywhere or press a key, the black window goes gray and "trials_fusion.exe has stopped working" pops up.
But this time, I ALT-TAB'd out to start Photoshop and as soon as the Photoshop app started, the screen flickered a bit, and the game started in the background. I can reproduce this every time.

I guess that it has something with going to with the resolution changes. I've played lots of Trials Fusion but never encountered this problem. I, as I said, just upgraded my display - from 1080p to 1440p. It seems that the booting of Photoshop triggers something that starts displaying Trials or something. It looks quite weird.

Sorry if I'm a bit incomprehensible. I hope anything of this makes sense.

Cheers.

Look m8.
Thats the post i wrote earlier

"I have the excactly SAME problem! Only could get the game to start is after starting to push STRG+ALT+DEL and then push ESC. but now it doesnt work anymore! "

Many people have this problem. You can also push ALT+Tab as you wrote. The main point is, the FOCUS must be lost of the Trials screen. But thats just a workaround and this cant be the monitor.
I had to always do this or delete the config.xml file in the SavedGames folder. BUT after a short gamerestarts it again gets stuck. So i just sticked with the workaround.
But NOW it doesnt work with this workaround nor deleting savedgames folder. It gets immediately stuck after the focus is again on trials screen.

En0-
07-15-2015, 03:13 PM
Hi,

In the folder "My Documents" > "TrialsFusion" > "SavedGames", you have a "local_config.xml".

Can you delete this file and start the game please?

Cheers,

ettpunktnoll
07-15-2015, 03:38 PM
Hi,

In the folder "My Documents" > "TrialsFusion" > "SavedGames", you have a "local_config.xml".

Can you delete this file and start the game please?

Cheers,

It worked like a charm!
Now what? :)
Should I delete it everytime I want to start the game, or is there something else I can do? I don't mind deleting it, but it would be nice if I could do something so I don't have to.

Thanks for all your help, btw. I really appreciate it.

En0-
07-15-2015, 03:40 PM
It should just work now: Go in graphic options to set it as you want, save it. Close the game, Restart the game. Should just work.

ettpunktnoll
07-15-2015, 03:40 PM
Look m8.
Thats the post i wrote earlier

"I have the excactly SAME problem! Only could get the game to start is after starting to push STRG+ALT+DEL and then push ESC. but now it doesnt work anymore! "

Many people have this problem. You can also push ALT+Tab as you wrote. The main point is, the FOCUS must be lost of the Trials screen. But thats just a workaround and this cant be the monitor.
I had to always do this or delete the config.xml file in the SavedGames folder. BUT after a short gamerestarts it again gets stuck. So i just sticked with the workaround.
But NOW it doesnt work with this workaround nor deleting savedgames folder. It gets immediately stuck after the focus is again on trials screen.

Hm. I never heard of the .xml-deletion thing and it worked for me. But it sucks that you can't get the game functioning properly. Hopefully there's somewhat more attention time given to devs to fix any issues now with the new expansion. I cross my fingers for a quick and easy fix.

Ciao!

ettpunktnoll
07-15-2015, 03:41 PM
It should just work now: Go in graphic options to set it as you want, save it. Close the game, Restart the game. Should just work.

Great stuff! If everything works you probably won't hear from me again. Thanks again!

KrAzZzHD
07-15-2015, 05:38 PM
Hello,

Cheers,

I opened a ticket Reference# 02282899 ! PLEASE HELP!!!

En0-
07-15-2015, 05:55 PM
I opened a ticket Reference# 02282899 ! PLEASE HELP!!!

Try to delete "local_config.xml" in Documents/TrialsFusion/SavedGames

KrAzZzHD
07-15-2015, 05:58 PM
Try to delete "local_config.xml" in Documents/TrialsFusion/SavedGames

I already wrote what i did in the previous posts! And i also wrote it in the ticket detailed with hardware info and screenshots. I deleted the savegames folder NUMEROUS times as written before and reinstalled the game!!

En0-
07-15-2015, 05:59 PM
Ok sorry, I forgot :) Let's wait for the answer from the customer support.

KrAzZzHD
07-15-2015, 06:45 PM
Ok sorry, I forgot :) Let's wait for the answer from the customer support.

THANK you so much!

satchow
07-15-2015, 07:33 PM
I have the same problem. Ever since I built my new PC I haven't been able to get this game to work consistently. It launches, then it used to work if I hit ctrl-alt-del, but now that doesn't even work anymore and the game just stops responding.

KrAzZzHD
07-16-2015, 06:01 AM
I have the same problem. Ever since I built my new PC I haven't been able to get this game to work consistently. It launches, then it used to work if I hit ctrl-alt-del, but now that doesn't even work anymore and the game just stops responding.

There are hundreds of people with the same problem! I opened a Ticket about this problem! Lets see what happens :/

En0-
07-16-2015, 06:59 AM
Hi,

There aren't "hundreds" of people with the same problem but people are coming back to the game with the announce and are having problem.

At the moment, all problems have been fixed by fixing conflicts on their PCs.

Maybe this problem is related to this one where players found a solution:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/245490/discussions/0/541906348035110881/

Cheers,

KrAzZzHD
07-22-2015, 05:45 PM
Hi,

There aren't "hundreds" of people with the same problem but people are coming back to the game with the announce and are having problem.

At the moment, all problems have been fixed by fixing conflicts on their PCs.

Maybe this problem is related to this one where players found a solution:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/245490/discussions/0/541906348035110881/

Cheers,

It's sad my ticket won't be solved i guess...

En0-
07-23-2015, 08:19 PM
Hi,

Did you get an answer from customer support? Or none at all?

Cheers,

KrAzZzHD
07-24-2015, 06:54 PM
Hi,

Did you get an answer from customer support? Or none at all?

Cheers,

Hi En0-,

i just checked the Ticket again and they advised me to lower my refresh rate from 144 hz to 60 hz. AND ITS NOW WORKING AGAIN!!!!!
I think this is the key for all the players with the stuck screen problem. They have a newer Monitor with higher refreshrates.
Just lower it in windows/desktop to 60hz and i guess everyone with this prob can play again.

En0-
08-03-2015, 10:26 AM
Hello,

Great news.

On our side we found out it seems to be related to higher refresh rate than 60 AND VSync enable. Another way to work around it is to disable VSync on the settings of the graphic card.
We're working on finding a fix for that.

Regards,

KrAzZzHD
08-06-2015, 10:05 AM
Hello,

Great news.

On our side we found out it seems to be related to higher refresh rate than 60 AND VSync enable. Another way to work around it is to disable VSync on the settings of the graphic card.
We're working on finding a fix for that.

Regards,

Thank you En0-,

for telling me to disable the VSYNC on the graphic card. I will keep that in mind if other games will have some problems in the future!

peace Maurice