PDA

View Full Version : Expect THIS every year..

Defalt221
07-14-2015, 01:36 PM
Since reddit is where most of the game news discoveries come out from, I was looking around and I saw this: https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/3bymst/expect_this_every_year/

I've quoted this here:

"In case of AC games, this was/is/will happen every year:

(Before E3...)

A leak > Hype all over internet > An awesome E3 demo > 100+ trailers ('X' Protagoonist trailer, combat trailer, graphics trailer, new features trailer, CGI trailer, 'hype' trailer) > new dev says: Game is better than predecessor, BIGAR maps and MOAR chests to loot; game took fan feedback; now you can complete missions in your own way (stealth or open action); new combat system > Interview with dev making daring promises > promises that PC version will be FAR more optimized and won't be delayed > Internet floods with articles like "Ubisoft has learned it's lessons" etc. > A CONTROVERSY > Internet floods with accusations against Ubisoft > dev counter attacks with statement > a new graphics downgrade controversy "insert video proof here" (compares new off-screen video to E3 4K DEMO and title claims downgrade) > (Gamescom hands-on) > Great game I love it! > Oh GOTY for sure. My #1 game to buy at launch > Overhyping articles still flooding the internet... > meanwhile PC version gets delayed AGAIN. > A launch trailer..

(When game releases)

- Too many bugs and glitches. A super sized day-1 patch (bigger than entire game)

- Bad PC port

- In game : An introductory opening scene with someone else as the controllable character.

- Flashforward to protagonist. Protagonist goes through some long boring tutorials. Sequence ends with a leap of faith that should have killed him.

- Protagonist defies father/elder advice > goes arrogant > Makes a BIG mistake > Family get's killed > Trauma > Goes to assassins > Grand mentor advices "Not your fault etc etc." and trains and teaches protagonist what he already knew > "Vengeance! Evil Templars.Must.Die" > Some tailing/stealing/assassinations > Target talks about ideals and peace > Protagonist gets involved in Assassin-Templar conflict > Mentor gets angry for some mistake by protagonist > Quarrel > Temporary alliance/help seeking from a Templar (either friend or foe)-same goals > Climactic finale > Protagonist understands that revenge is not a good thing, tells Templars "I understand that assassins are good and you have good intentions but bad means (one sided perspective)" > Out of the Helix > "Modern Day Story twist!" > Credits roll > A post-credits scene > Congrats! Now you have MOAR 100+ side quest chores and infinite chests with 20~50 $ inside per chest.

(Meanwhile on the internet...)

- Internet flooding with "Protagonist IS BAD!! Nowhere near godly Ezio/Altair !!" > Comments start to say "Yeah I got overhyped and bought the game, now disappointed etc." "won't buy any Ubisoft product next year"> "Insert logic here that Protagonist is well written character" > More comments: Yeah, I actually liked Protagonist, he was more mature than Ezi etc. etc. > Resolution... > Internet flooding with "Nah Ubisoft never learns lesson" "AC games should go back to it's roots" "Bad story in AC games" etc. > A sequel leak ! > All attentions turn to the new sequel

"

D.I.D.
07-14-2015, 02:14 PM
Most of that is wrong for every year so far.

VestigialLlama4
07-14-2015, 03:21 PM
What you say is true of the reaction towards AC3 and UNITY, but Black Flag was very well recieved, mostly because people had low expectations and the premise of a pirate game exhausted all the frothing-at-the-moud-psycho-purist crowd in the months leading to the game's release.

Zafar1981
07-14-2015, 09:46 PM
Lets consider I am making a pizza for you. I made this pizza in an hour for you and serve to you. You are hungry and the pizza was also cooked well. You definitely enjoy that pizza. While you were near to finish the pizza I find out that I have stuff for pizza left and I can make one more. I asked you if you need another. While you enjoyed the last one so you reply in yes.Instead of an hour I make this in 15 min because the meat was cooked and I also want it to be done hastily. I served this to you now who have no or less hunger left for another pizza.

This is same happening with Assassin's Creed. Anvil next(cooked meat) is now used in 5 games(pizza) and sixth is coming. Every game is now taking 15 min to make as they are using old meat.

You aren't hungry and the pizza isn't fresh. So enjoy your meal.

Pandassin
07-14-2015, 09:59 PM
Ubisoft are testing for bugs early this year, earlier than any other AC game (or possibly any other game). They're not going to risk a release like Unity again (even though I didn't have any problems with it, but still, Syndicate will be pretty well polished).

LoyalACFan
07-16-2015, 06:38 AM
Ubisoft are testing for bugs early this year, earlier than any other AC game (or possibly any other game). They're not going to risk a release like Unity again (even though I didn't have any problems with it, but still, Syndicate will be pretty well polished).

I dunno, even at E3 the draw distances and pop-in look pretty bad. If it was to be super-polished, I kind of feel like it should already be basically done by now. Three months to polish and debug a game that supposedly took three years to make isn't all that much.

Zafar1981
07-16-2015, 09:39 AM
I dunno, even at E3 the draw distances and pop-in look pretty bad. If it was to be super-polished, I kind of feel like it should already be basically done by now. Three months to polish and debug a game that supposedly took three years to make isn't all that much.
​this