PDA

View Full Version : Former Ubisoft exec Jade Raymond working on new Star Wars game at EA

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-13-2015, 02:41 PM
For anyone interested in what she's doing now :)

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/13/jade-raymond-joins-ea-to-head-motive-studio-and-visceral-games.aspx?utm_content=buffer44990&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Jade Raymond Joins EA To Head New Motive Studio And Visceral Games

http://media1.gameinformer.com/filestorage/CommunityServer.Components.SiteFiles/imagefeed/featured/people/raymond-jade/JadeRaymond-610.jpg

EA and former Ubisoft Toronto managing director Jade Raymond have announced the opening of a new studio. Motive is a multi-purpose studio, creating its own IP and providing support to other projects.

In addition to leading Montreal-based Motive, Raymond will also be taking over leadership of Visceral’s California studio. The team’s first project will be working with Amy Hennig’s team on its Star Wars game. Scott Probst will continue to serve as Visceral’s general manager. Motive will also be working with BioWare on Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Raymond left Ubisoft in October 2014. During her time there, she served as producer on the Assassin’s Creed series and executive producer on both Watch Dogs and Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

~~~~~~~

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/jade-raymond-joins-eas-team-for-next-star-wars-gam/1100-6428847/

Assassin's Creed co-creator to work closely with BioWare and Visceral; Dev excited about partnership with Amy Hennig.

Jade Raymond, the co-creator of Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed franchise, has founded a new EA studio called Motive, and will be working on the Visceral's in-development Star Wars title.

"I'm happy to announce that I'm joining Electronic Arts and opening Motive, a new development studio in my home town of Montreal, Canada," she announced.

According to Raymond, Motive will "work in close quarters with the BioWare team," suggesting the studio may have some hand in developing Mass Effect: Andromeda.

"Yanick Roy and the BioWare Montreal team are doing some new and exciting things with Mass Effect: Andromeda and it's clear that there is already so much talent to collaborate with on site," she added.

Motive will be incubating "entirely new IP and taking on some amazing projects," including the new Star Wars game from former Uncharted writer Amy Hennig, and developed by Dead Space studio Visceral.

"I've known Amy for years and have admired her work on the Uncharted games! I'm thrilled that the first big project that we will work on in Montreal will have Amy as Creative Director.

"An opportunity to work with her and the Visceral team, and to play in the Star Wars universe, is once-in-a-lifetime stuff."

Raymond will also oversee the Visceral studio in California.

Little is known about Visceral and Hennig's Star Wars games. According to voice actor Nolan North--who voiced Nathan Drake in the Uncharted series--the game will bear similarities to Star Wars: 1313.

North also said EA and Visceral's game is modelled after Naughty Dog's Uncharted series. Rumours have suggested it may also be an open-world game, though EA has yet to provide any concrete details on the game.

In 2013, Disney and Electronic Arts signed an agreement to make Battlefield publisher EA the exclusive creator of console Star Wars games going forward. A year later, it was confirmed Hennig would co-write a new Star Wars game at Visceral.

Xstantin
07-13-2015, 02:53 PM
I'm not really into Star Wars, but best of luck I guess :)

Alphacos007
07-13-2015, 05:53 PM
I hope it's an action-adventure game like that Star Wars 1313 that was cancelled.

Shahkulu101
07-13-2015, 06:02 PM
I hope it's an action-adventure game like that Star Wars 1313 that was cancelled.

Well since Amy Hennig is working on it I'm certain it will be. Can't wait till we hear more about it.

Also glad to hear Jade is back, she will do great things again I'm sure.

Hans684
07-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Jade will honor Star Wars [if she is given the rights of full creative freedom], she's good at what she does.

Locopells
07-13-2015, 07:12 PM
oOh...

ze_topazio
07-14-2015, 12:46 PM
She left Ubisoft to join EA, it's like escaping Hell and end up in Hades. :cool:

Sorrosyss
07-14-2015, 01:04 PM
I love Hennig's work, especially the Legacy of Kain series, so I have high hopes for this game. The fact they added someone with open world experience, in Jade, is quite interesting. An open world star wars game, with Hennig storytelling. Mmm. Could be good!

GunnerGalactico
07-14-2015, 08:31 PM
I enjoyed Amy Hennig's work in Uncharted. It's cool that she and Jade Raymond are working together.

I-Like-Pie45
07-14-2015, 08:40 PM
well i guess they just needed someone to look hot for the promo videos

Shahkulu101
07-14-2015, 11:26 PM
well i guess they just needed someone to look hot for the promo videos

I expected better of you

Tut tut

Locopells
07-14-2015, 11:53 PM
Pie, I know you're messing, but don't go there.

XavierSaviour
07-18-2015, 06:08 PM
I would really like a Star Wars version of Uncharted or Ubi's open-world games.