PDA

View Full Version : Halfswording and Such

guest-7lONTXP5
07-13-2015, 01:25 PM
I know that this most likely won't be implemented but I like to know your thoughts about this.

The idea is that were are different weapon lengths, some longer and some shorter weapons. While the shorter weapons aren't as effective from the longer range, the longer weapons aren't as effective from the shorter range and couldn't be used properly if you don't change the grip on them. So you need to change your grip on your weapon to use them without losses in efficiency whenever your opponent comes extremely close. Namely halfswording if you wear a sword. The heavy attack could be an attack with the gurad or the pommel if your sword doesn't have a cross guard.

What do you think about it? It could be annyoing and maybe doesn't look as good but it could be very cool aswell. I don't know if it would add in a positive way to the gameplay or if it would feel strange...

Edit: Ok it could look good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bdMfaymGlk :rolleyes: After seeing this I'm a bit more confident about this idea. It's funny that For Honor is alreay mentioned in the comments :cool:

guest-7lONTXP5
07-17-2015, 02:09 PM
Someone? :D

Fatal-Feit
07-18-2015, 02:49 AM
Great idea! It would add an extra layer of depth into the combat that I'm sure people crave for. However... I don't know if that's what the developers want to do. They built the Art of Battle system to be simple and intuitive. Something a newbie can pick and play, and begin to master after the first conflict. Your idea sounds awesome, but I think the additional complexity (while seemingly simple) may hurt the core experience more than enhance it.