PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon Wildlands T-shirt. (Looking to purchase)

FifaJay
07-12-2015, 11:42 PM
Hello,
Just wanted to know if these will be going on sale to the public anytime soon as I'm looking to purchase one.
Thanks.

http://s9.postimg.org/hyjrhahob/GRWillands_T_shirt.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/hyjrhahob/)

FifaJay
07-12-2015, 11:56 PM
The man himself :-) alright buddy?
Dev team only? well that's that so, but hopefully along the line we can pick something up.
Cheers mate.

DigitalHitmann
07-13-2015, 01:25 AM
Ive been after Antoine from Team Division for four years to get a polo like his... Gonna have to take him out in the Dark Zone and loot it I think.. :)

DmF-Lokiey
07-13-2015, 01:56 AM
Why dont you just recreate the designs in photoshop and then have a few printed just for yourself, as long as there just for your personal use i dont see why this would be an issue, unless its the cool factor that it came straight from ubisoft GR team =P

ITK5
07-13-2015, 02:03 PM
Oh man..yea! Luv to get me some GRW Tshirts!

DigitalHitmann
07-13-2015, 11:56 PM
I actually had to get copyright approval for some of the stuff im working on. You cant use stuff without permission.

DmF-Lokiey
07-14-2015, 01:18 AM
I actually had to get copyright approval for some of the stuff im working on. You cant use stuff without permission.

So if they have shirts with a design not available to the public but is everywhere on the web you cant print that onto a shirt just for yourself, not to sell or even give away just to have one just for yourself? I thought the copyright would be for items you want to sell and make money doing it. I mean i see guys who do stickers of all the major logos like asus rog,evga and such for computers and sell them with 0 licensing, heck my computer tower has Nvidia etched on it and the rog and evag logos cut out on my acrylic case. So what your saying is you have to get approval for your own personal fan made stuff and projects despite being non profit and personal use only?

ITK5
07-14-2015, 02:52 PM

You can, just like the FAN Kits..but not use to sell the items, personal use is fine.

Cortexian
07-15-2015, 10:44 PM
Yeah, you could make one from the logos in the fan kit / Ubisoft logos for personal use. But only for personal use. If you sold it, or in some countries, even if you gave some away for free it would be illegal.

DigitalHitmann
07-16-2015, 02:46 AM
Even if it were part of fan kits I would still ask for permission as a courtesy thing. Thats my opinion though.

DmF-Lokiey
07-16-2015, 04:47 AM
Yeah, you could make one from the logos in the fan kit / Ubisoft logos for personal use. But only for personal use. If you sold it, or in some countries, even if you gave some away for free it would be illegal.

Ok so making one for yourself completely legit but making one for each clan member with there game name and tag and giving it to them for free i get a call from the UBIsoft legal team?

Cortexian
07-16-2015, 10:53 PM
It's possible. I'm no lawyer. You should call yours and find out! :)

Alternatively, get written permission from Ubisoft. Then you're good to go!

DigitalHitmann
07-17-2015, 12:49 AM
Its kind of a grey area. Ive heard some horror stories from devs about getting things to give away and them ending up on ebay for a premium because theyre so rare. Like Cortexian said, if its for personal use its /probably/ okay. Like I said before though, I would get permission and ask. I did for my stuff.

DmF-Lokiey
07-17-2015, 01:50 AM
Its kind of a grey area. Ive heard some horror stories from devs about getting things to give away and them ending up on ebay for a premium because theyre so rare. Like Cortexian said, if its for personal use its /probably/ okay. Like I said before though, I would get permission and ask. I did for my stuff.

Well there's a simple solution, UBIsoft store, allow people to buy a shirt where they will add your clan tag and player name to the back with the game logo on the front and UBIsoft on the sleeve and call it a day. This way clans can buy them for there players,buy some to give away on streams or whatever and since UBIsoft got there money everyone's happy and wins. I mean things like Ghost Recon shirts shouldn't be ultra rare and very available with small customization. Its all about game promotion and the more shirts your sell in the store then thats more people walking around with your brand and game for everyone to see.