PDA

View Full Version : Leveling ?

Warphorntek
07-12-2015, 01:49 PM
Hey there,
just question come on my mind. Will be there some sort of leveling system for special abilities and customable items or it ll unlock via achivements? Thats another things is there anything like achivements ? We wana huge plate of weapons and armor , but dont let get some to much overpowered.

If there is going to be enough weapons and armor you can let some change just visual withough making diference in power, agile , defence , etc...

BuddyJumps
07-13-2015, 01:03 PM
I actually hope that the visuals of the fighters don't have any effects on combat... This would make this game so casual. :( Imagine a skill/ranking system where your actual rank doesn't give you anything besides new armour pieces! It would all come down to your experience and skill, and not some gadgets or some kind of 'power thing' that makes you stronger than lower ranked players. Omg, it would be so perfect and competitive... :rolleyes:

Andeloon
07-13-2015, 02:56 PM
Can't agree with you there, I do hope your equipement affects the combat, nothing that makes you directly stronger, but why not armors that are lighter but provide less defense (to give a dumb example).
If they're balanced, I have no problems with gadgets you can unlock and use when you level up.

BuddyJumps
07-13-2015, 09:11 PM
Can't agree with you there, I do hope your equipement affects the combat, nothing that makes you directly stronger, but why not armors that are lighter but provide less defense (to give a dumb example).
If they're balanced, I have no problems with gadgets you can unlock and use when you level up.

Lighter/Heavier armours are already included in each faction... They already said that for example the samurai's defense (=armour) is not that good while the knight has the greatest defense of all. Giving the player the option to give a knight a lighter armour for example destroys all the immersion, secondly it could be irritating for players in-game who think/judge differently about their opponent and their 'stats', since they don't know which freaking armour they chose... Come on, think about that, it's gross.

Even though this game historically is not right, it should be at least some kind of realistic. A viking in a plate armour? No, the knight got the plate armour, the viking the lightest one and the samurai an armour whose defense is between the other two.

Andeloon
07-13-2015, 10:05 PM
Lighter/Heavier armours are already included in each faction... They already said that for example the samurai's defense (=armour) is not that good while the knight has the greatest defense of all. Giving the player the option to give a knight a lighter armour for example destroys all the immersion, secondly it could be irritating for players in-game who think/judge differently about their opponent and their 'stats', since they don't know which freaking armour they chose... Come on, think about that, it's gross.

Even though this game historically is not right, it should be at least some kind of realistic. A viking in a plate armour? No, the knight got the plate armour, the viking the lightest one and the samurai an armour whose defense is between the other two.

Yeah, i know lighter vs heavier armor was a bad example, but maybe there could be other stats adding variety.

Solid_Altair
07-14-2015, 06:18 PM
As long as they add options with trade offs, it's cool. But if they actually give more stuff, it's bad for balance and fairness.

I was think about your example of lighter armor or more defensive weapons. But considering how the brakepoints would work, I reaally think it'd be best to just make them purely cosmetic. Having a little more power will hardly matter if it's not enough to kill the guy with one less hit, so if you want an offensive weapon, it'd only matter if you also go with an offensive (light) armor... and perhaps only if you already have an offensive class. In the end of the day, because of these breakpoints (killing with less hit, or dying with one more hit), the viable options would be very few. This would mean that beginners would take a while to unlock the specific viable options... and the non-viable options would be just a waste of a good aesthetic potential.

So, let the mechanical stuff be all all about classes and feats, which we can unlock in the order we choose, with generic XP. "Unlocking through use" is bad, because it makes people play for the unlocks, instead focusing on the objectives and teamwork. Generic XP is less glamorous but is the way to go, as the recent RPGs have figured out.

MajorCynik
07-15-2015, 01:39 PM
From my understanding the Feats will come by way of staying alive and killing opponents but within each battle only and will not carry over to following battles. So killing a few enemies will likely unlock a new feat but once that battle is over and won/lost then they will reset for the next battle.

Customisations though, cosmetic ones at least, will be permanent and can be changed between battles. Different tabards for example, may be applied but with purely cosmetic differences only. I'm good with that.

It would be nice to have Feats and such that unlock and can be permanently applied to your loadout but these will require good balancing. Interesting to see what the final outcome is.

sV DirtyMoose
07-16-2015, 12:32 AM
They have what they call a "progression" system which allows you to unlock new feats, weapons, armor and upgrade options. What Cynik is saying here..

From my understanding the Feats will come by way of staying alive and killing opponents but within each battle only and will not carry over to following battles. So killing a few enemies will likely unlock a new feat but once that battle is over and won/lost then they will reset for the next battle.

Customisations though, cosmetic ones at least, will be permanent and can be changed between battles. Different tabards for example, may be applied but with purely cosmetic differences only. I'm good with that.

It would be nice to have Feats and such that unlock and can be permanently applied to your loadout but these will require good balancing. Interesting to see what the final outcome is.

as far as the feats being only usable for that match (similar to Smite) could be plausible. there will be two types of feats active and passive, so it could look like one set say active feats are similar to kill streak rewards and passive feats could be like supers in destiny or just semi-permanent "skill tree" boosts. now what I just said is 100% speculative but either is plausible. Though I will say if they go the way of Smite and make the feats reset after each game then it will make For Honor very challenging and very fun. Me personally I would rather have permanent unlocks but we shall see!

Solid_Altair
07-17-2015, 06:44 AM
I think there are two ways of perceiving permanent feats. I think the unlocks will be permanent, but that won't allow you to use the feats at the start of the match. So, you unlock th feats in proggression... I'm assuming the default classes will start with a full loadouts of four feats... and you'll be able to unlock more options of feats for these four slots. These unlocks will be parmanent, I guess.... you can alsways equip them, whenever you want, unlike Uncharted 3's payed boosters.

Then you enter a match, but can't use the feats until you charge them by killing dudes or taking territories. And besides the need to charge the feats, you'll also need to wait for a cooldown, in case you wanna use them consecutive times. I still haven't verified by the videos if you need to recharge a feat after its use (besides the cooldown), or if waiting for the cooldown is enough. Anyone checked that out?

Havemercy87
07-17-2015, 11:55 AM
I think there are two ways of perceiving permanent feats. I think the unlocks will be permanent, but that won't allow you to use the feats at the start of the match. So, you unlock th feats in proggression... I'm assuming the default classes will start with a full loadouts of four feats... and you'll be able to unlock more options of feats for these four slots. These unlocks will be parmanent, I guess.... you can alsways equip them, whenever you want, unlike Uncharted 3's payed boosters.

Then you enter a match, but can't use the feats until you charge them by killing dudes or taking territories. And besides the need to charge the feats, you'll also need to wait for a cooldown, in case you wanna use them consecutive times. I still haven't verified by the videos if you need to recharge a feat after its use (besides the cooldown), or if waiting for the cooldown is enough. Anyone checked that out?

I was wondering this very thing last night.. My thoughts, I don't think feats require a recharge after initial charge. It's hard to tell because he kills some one before either of 2 feats used are out of cooldown.

I'm wondering if they will require a recharge after a death though..

Solid_Altair
07-17-2015, 11:39 PM
After a death they will. I saw a guy respawning without the feats he had charged before dying. Nice that you meantioned it. It's an important piece of information I forgot about sharing in the thread.

Havemercy87
07-18-2015, 12:26 AM
I just found the video again that was taken on the demo floor.. Yeah he loses his feats. So if you want to get that 4th feat unlocked you gotta stay alive and kill 4 enemies

MisterWillow
07-18-2015, 08:21 AM
I just found the video again that was taken on the demo floor.. Yeah he loses his feats. So if you want to get that 4th feat unlocked you gotta stay alive and kill 4 enemies

Not quite. There's at least one part in that video where a player gains a feat from capturing a point. It's always good to be rewarded for doing other things than getting kills.

Havemercy87
07-18-2015, 12:57 PM
Snaps your right! That's excellent, yeah definitely better, makes sense