PDA

View Full Version : More single player oddities

Udidtoo
04-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Since AEP I,ve been busy learning the + and - of the new rides in QMB.

Spent about 12 hours last night fooling around with various nationalities and campaigns.

This seems to span all the nations but was most frequent in Russian.

After making contact with the enemy, usually its the second flight element leader and his wingman.

Unless attacked they make no effort to engage. Instead they begin this long lazy circleing climb. They will continue this to a ridicules alltitude, even if ordered to engage or if you call for help. They respond verbally but continue to fly a large circut, ignoring both enemy planes and waypoints.

This behavior is easy to recognize as the lead plane will continously waggle its wings like a drunkard.

As a test I set my self up as a lower rank.Then when I saw this happen again I switched on the AP . My Ai pilot immediatly broke off the attack on the stukas I was engageing and began to waggle its wings even though we were seperated by a good 2 miles. All three planes then climbed to almost 6000 meters before reaccuiring the flight pattern and RTB.

Bizarre to say the least. Anyone else seing this offline?

I always have just enough fuel to arrive at the scene of my crash.

Udidtoo
04-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Since AEP I,ve been busy learning the + and - of the new rides in QMB.

Spent about 12 hours last night fooling around with various nationalities and campaigns.

This seems to span all the nations but was most frequent in Russian.

After making contact with the enemy, usually its the second flight element leader and his wingman.

Unless attacked they make no effort to engage. Instead they begin this long lazy circleing climb. They will continue this to a ridicules alltitude, even if ordered to engage or if you call for help. They respond verbally but continue to fly a large circut, ignoring both enemy planes and waypoints.

This behavior is easy to recognize as the lead plane will continously waggle its wings like a drunkard.

As a test I set my self up as a lower rank.Then when I saw this happen again I switched on the AP . My Ai pilot immediatly broke off the attack on the stukas I was engageing and began to waggle its wings even though we were seperated by a good 2 miles. All three planes then climbed to almost 6000 meters before reaccuiring the flight pattern and RTB.

Bizarre to say the least. Anyone else seing this offline?

I always have just enough fuel to arrive at the scene of my crash.

wayno7777
04-19-2004, 10:40 AM
I'll watch out for that, but what I noticed is that I can't get the engine started on the Me163 mission.

Wir greifen an!
Erich 'Bubi' Hartmann
http://server6.uploadit.org/files/wayno77-Hartmann2.jpg

Any landing you can walk away from is a good one!