PDA

View Full Version : Patrice Desilets

skiddalz
07-12-2015, 06:13 AM
I just very recently found out that the original creator of Assassin's Creed stopped having input on the games after Brotherhood. Most would agree that that is when the AC games started their slow descent to "WTF?" I'm pretty surprised that NO ONE really talks about Patrice and the input he has had on this franchise and the fact that Ubisoft pretty much fired him, rehired him and then stole a new game he was working on, and fired him again. It's mind-blowing how this hasn't been a big news story. This guy is such a revolutionist when it comes to the gaming world. I always kept hoping that AC would track back to it's original roots, but now see why it won't ever. Because the mastermind is no longer associated with it. I don't know why the hell Ubisoft never chose to work it out with him. There is no telling where he would have taken AC, and Amsterdam 1666, and Ubisoft as a whole. Like I said, I haven't really seen many people talking about him or this whole story.... which I think could be fitting for a movie actually lol. Anyway, so anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, I heard that Patrice went into extensive detail about the incident with Ubisoft and his games in a recent GameInformer issue. Does anyone have a link to that or did anyone get a chance to read all of it?

VestigialLlama4
07-12-2015, 06:32 AM
Patrice's breakup with Ubisoft has been extensively discussed here by longtime fans, all of whom, much as we may like one or more of the later games, admire his work and influence on these titles.

You will have to buy the Game Informer article to read his story.

skiddalz
07-12-2015, 07:42 AM
I've been on the forum for a couple of years. Although I don't post as often, I've never really read a thread about him on here. I had to search his name in the threads just for anything to come up, and from what I've seen he just comes up here and there in posts. As far as buying the game informer article, you have to become a subscriber and I'm not really down to spend a yearly subscription just for one article that I want to read. Now, if someone has a link where I can just buy the specific issue with the article without becoming a monthly or yearly subscriber I'd be all for it.

VestigialLlama4
07-12-2015, 08:51 AM
I've been on the forum for a couple of years. Although I don't post as often, I've never really read a thread about him on here. I had to search his name in the threads just for anything to come up, and from what I've seen he just comes up here and there in posts. As far as buying the game informer article, you have to become a subscriber and I'm not really down to spend a yearly subscription just for one article that I want to read. Now, if someone has a link where I can just buy the specific issue with the article without becoming a monthly or yearly subscriber I'd be all for it.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1185519-My-E3-interview-with-Patrice-Desilets-discussing-Assassin-s-Creed-and-Ancestors!

One of the fans who regularly posts here did an interview with him.

Zafar1981
07-12-2015, 09:33 AM
Mate you have started very important discussion at this forum. I was a huge fan of Commandos games back in 1990's. After Commandos 2 Men of Courage the Creative Director of that game Gonzo Suarez left Pyro Studios. Commandos 3 which released in 2003 after the departure of Suarez and it was nothing more than a copy paste of Commandos 2. After that Pyro team tried to make a FPS of this series and it was also a flop. As Pyro was not a big developer like Ubi$oft Montreal and Eidos was not a sound publisher like Ubi$oft this this series came to an early end.

Its my personal belief that after ACS this series will be six feet under the soil. Game after game the series is loosing its basic ground, weak story and unacceptable protagonist. After Altair and Ezio all the main characters were considered to be the next Ezio. After Ezio every protagonist have a pony tail and seek revenge.

I had read his interview in gameinformer magazine. I don't want to go into details but I feel really sorry for him how Ubi$oft treated him after THQ.

This is 100% true finding that after his departure from AC series the game has now become an ordinary title which come every year with nothing in it. AC4 was a good Pirates game but not an Assassin game.