PDA

View Full Version : Inquires about the German Jets and other interesting THINGS...

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 09:14 PM
Hey I think I made a post like this earlier but I'm not sure if it worked, anyways...

How must one get ahold of an Me262 or an He162? Is there some campaign I'm missin' or must I beat all three campaigns... don't tell me it doesn't let the player fly the most advanced aircraft in the game...
BTW I downloaded the patch that allows the player to fly the BI-1 and well...VERFLIXT that thing can move, looks like it could give the Me163 Komet a run for its marbles... Does anyone know and v-speeds for it, specifically best glide... The third missions stalls to it tells me to take off across the the taxiways but I can't turn on the engine no matter what...

Is it just me or is there no structural damage available? I noticed that you can overspeed the landing gear, but not the flaps and there seems to be no penalty for the havoc I reek when I go full forward elevator deflection at 300+ knots, any thoughts on this???

One more thing... whats all this talk of Japanese Zeros and the Go229??? I thought this game only modeled aircraft on the Russian Front..

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 09:14 PM
Hey I think I made a post like this earlier but I'm not sure if it worked, anyways...

How must one get ahold of an Me262 or an He162? Is there some campaign I'm missin' or must I beat all three campaigns... don't tell me it doesn't let the player fly the most advanced aircraft in the game...
BTW I downloaded the patch that allows the player to fly the BI-1 and well...VERFLIXT that thing can move, looks like it could give the Me163 Komet a run for its marbles... Does anyone know and v-speeds for it, specifically best glide... The third missions stalls to it tells me to take off across the the taxiways but I can't turn on the engine no matter what...

Is it just me or is there no structural damage available? I noticed that you can overspeed the landing gear, but not the flaps and there seems to be no penalty for the havoc I reek when I go full forward elevator deflection at 300+ knots, any thoughts on this???

One more thing... whats all this talk of Japanese Zeros and the Go229??? I thought this game only modeled aircraft on the Russian Front..

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 09:55 PM
In Forgotten Battles (not IL-2),

The 262's flaps can be damaged/jammed at "takeoff" and "landing" settings at higher speeds (375+km/h). The "combat" flaps are very hard to jam, if possible at all.

The BI-1's I have no idea, never flew it.

The He-162 is an AI only plane, but it will be flyable in coming add-on.

The 262 is available in late fighter campaigns as well as in late jabo or stuka campaigns (can't remember which). There is a drop down menu that lets you select plane for campaign.

Many of the planes like the Go.229 were made by third party modellers (thanks guys /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ) so they can model whatever they please. The Zero and some others were done in-house by Oleg and team I believe. This may be to appeal to Japanese (Asian) market, or it could have been done to just expand the game and the area's simulated. Either way we are damn lucky to have this many great planes in one game. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~fiveds/images/anthony1.jpg

jg51.com

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2003, 10:24 PM
To the original poster: It sounds like you're referring to Il-2. The Me-262 is not flyable in Il-2, only in Forgotten Battles.

---
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can count in binary, and those who can't.
(If I knew who said that first, I'd give credit here.)

HL callsign: FruitPieJones, and why not?

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 12:17 AM
Thanks guys sounds interesting maybe when my college bank account grows I'll get invest in FB. The BI-1 is in an update for the original IL-2, 1.1 I think. I'll also be itching for that add-on as well.

Oh and where do you download these newly modeled planes? Are they available on this website, they free? whats the deal??

XyZspineZyX
10-21-2003, 12:35 AM
there will be a free add on and a payware add on. you can't just download planes. but those add ons will ONLY work with FB and NOT with original IL2. there are no more add ons for the old IL2 you have.

2 things we need in FB:
The 110 and the desert!!!
http://exn.ca/news/images/1999/04/23/19990423-Me110coloursideMAIN.jpg