PDA

View Full Version : Possibility to choose the carrier

zuiho
04-14-2004, 09:26 AM
There' s the possibility in PF to choose the carrier from wich fly and fight? For example, I want to partecipate to the attack on Pearl Harbour and the battle of Midway in the Akagi Fighter Squadron; it' s possible? And, in this case, the airplane markings will be realistic?

zuiho
04-14-2004, 09:26 AM
There' s the possibility in PF to choose the carrier from wich fly and fight? For example, I want to partecipate to the attack on Pearl Harbour and the battle of Midway in the Akagi Fighter Squadron; it' s possible? And, in this case, the airplane markings will be realistic?

heywooood
04-14-2004, 10:05 AM
Hey - thats a great question..

So when you pick a squadron for instance - will you be placed/based on the corresponding carrier?

I guess in career mode or FMB build your own missions and campaigns this would be most relevant.

Capt._Tenneal
04-14-2004, 10:13 AM
This may be more of a question for the team that's working on the dynamic campaign. This sounds like choosing the squadron and area you fly in in FB (i.e., German Army Group North, Center or South). Only this time you can choose to be assigned to a particular carrier or land-based squadron.

Ankanor
04-15-2004, 04:29 AM
And what happens if you are caught on the deck of The Akagi during the Midway battle?

Choosing the carrier would be a cool feature, but I wouls suggest that you can choose your carrier and then you are assigned to a different one, once your flattop is sunk or gone to repair. This is also historically true. Japanese pilots who survived Midway flew after that from the Decks of Shokaku and Zuikaku. the situation was even worse for the American fliers, during the first one year pilots from Yorktown and Lexington flew from Enterprise, Hornet, or stayed at Guadalcanal. Pilots, experienced ones, were desperately needed everywhere.

O, how I want to hold you,
To feel your breath
And hear your laughter in my ears.
To look into your eyes
And see myself in there.
Caress you with my lips.
To hold your hands in mine
And find the hidden smile in your dimple
That makes you irresistible
And stops the breathing in my chest.
To be with you when you are weeping,
To wipe away the tears and take away the sorrow.
To watch you while you are sleeping
Like there is no tomorrow.

And with a tender kiss to wake you up.

Essen,23.02.2004 20:53

zuiho
04-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Ankanor, it' s obvious that if I survive to my carrier I will be reassigned to other operational carriers.