PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who dislikes Connor and prefers Haytham?

ScarletEyes404
07-11-2015, 11:53 PM
So I was recently replaying AC3 as you do and I came to the realisation that I prefer Haytham way more than Connor.

I was replaying the sequence where you *SPOILER ALERT* kill Haytham and he says ''Even when your kind appears to triumph ... Still we rise again. And do you know why? It is because the Order is born of a REALIZATION. We require no creed. No indoctrination by desperate old men. All we need is that the world be as it is."

And of course when Haytham says that Connor has no response whatsoever, quiet as ever. All he says is "Goodbye, Father" and then blindly follows into his next mission.

I thought that some of the colonial Templars were the best and found them to be much more interesting than the Assassins and much more right in their ways.

Anyone else agree?

D.I.D.
07-12-2015, 12:13 AM
"Am I the only one...?" asked ScarletEyes404, on the internet, in reference to a multi-million-selling entertainment product :P

ze_topazio
07-12-2015, 12:19 AM
There are people in this world who are sexually attracted to furniture, you are never the only one at anything.

Namikaze_17
07-12-2015, 12:24 AM
Three years too late, friend.

Fatal-Feit
07-12-2015, 12:32 AM
No, I dislike them both equally. Ziio is a better character. She's always calm and collected unlike the other two men who're often recklessly getting into brawls, her animations are beautiful and she makes the white room look good.

Namikaze_17
07-12-2015, 12:40 AM
No, I dislike them both equally. Ziio is a better character. She's always calm and collected unlike the other two men who're often recklessly getting into brawls, her animations are beautiful and she makes the white room look good.

Now this guy knows the deal.

EmbodyingSeven5
07-12-2015, 01:10 AM

Yes. I never really liked Haytham or Connor that much. But Zio? I loved her and wished she was playable (:

Besides the white room moment, because I know one of you will point that out lol.

VoXngola
07-12-2015, 01:16 AM
You'd be surprised just how many people share your views.

ScarletEyes404
07-12-2015, 01:29 AM
There are people in this world who are sexually attracted to furniture, you are never the only one at anything.
Haha, true. Also, nice HxH profile picture.

THE_JOKE_KING33
07-12-2015, 02:53 PM
I take it you weren't around when AC3 was released?

ninja4hire10
07-12-2015, 04:01 PM
Good gawd, no. Like a lot of other folks on here, I see Haytham as one of ACIII's bright spots. He's one of my favorite characters overall...

Hans684
07-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Don't dislike him but rather his choices.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-12-2015, 06:40 PM
1. Welcome to the forums. :)

2. Many people have different tastes (Haytham>Connor, Connor >Haytham, Connor=Haytham, etc), so to each their own.

3. I love both characters (Connor >= Haytham) both for good reasons so it's not like I'm one of those people that likes a character "just because."

4. I've heard of many people that liked Haytham more than Connor, and almost all of those people who did a second, third etc playthrough loved Connor more or equally to Haytham.

Sorrosyss
07-12-2015, 06:52 PM
Always preferred Haytham by miles. Funny, charismatic, and some of the best one liners this series has ever known. A shame we never got to have him for a full title. I daresay he was more popular than Connor by a fair margin though, as they elected to bring him back for Rogue.

GunnerGalactico
07-12-2015, 07:28 PM
Well, I'm one those people out that actually like both Haytham and Connor. I like both of them in their own way. Haytham certainly was a memorable character and he convinced me that Templars are not that vile.

I-Like-Pie45
07-12-2015, 07:45 PM
Well, I'm one those people out that actually like both Haytham and Connor. I like both of them in their own way. Haytham certainly was a memorable character and he convinced me that Templars are not that vile.

GunnerGalactico, your opinion is special...

Do you own any AC toys, as a matter of fact...

GunnerGalactico
07-12-2015, 07:46 PM
GunnerGalactico, your opinion is special...

Do you own any AC toys, as a matter of fact...

Nope.

I-Like-Pie45
07-12-2015, 07:51 PM
Nope.

what a pity.

I quite like toys.

With Connor and Haytham toys, you could give them the happy ending they never got. And some endings thicker than water as well... ;)

Namikaze_17
07-12-2015, 08:00 PM
They're both overrated attractions.

Patience Gibbs is the real star with her award-winning voice and fantasic character development which places her above these two schmucks.

I protest for a Gibbs trilogy. It better happen...

Hans684
07-12-2015, 08:16 PM
They're both overrated attractions.

Patience Gibbs is the real star with her award-winning voice and fantasic character development which places her above these two schmucks.

I protest for a Gibbs trilogy. It better happen...

Ubi be change! Ubi dishonored Patience Gibbs! I protest Ubi, Ubi insulted Patience Gibbs! :rolleyes:

Black_Widow9
07-12-2015, 10:04 PM
Love me some Haymitch!
http://40.media.tumblr.com/2a0cfbf7352fbffbf65618706569140a/tumblr_nejj3lEaNH1r6tmsdo1_500.png

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-13-2015, 12:41 AM
^ OMG nooooo! MY EYES DX

Assassin_M
07-13-2015, 01:07 AM
I daresay he was more popular than Connor by a fair margin though, as they elected to bring him back for Rogue.
Not like Connor was helping anyway, he wasn't born yet in the time frame the game was set in. Or are you saying that they elected to make Rogue SOLELY around the purpose of having Haytham? Well, why not make it a Haytham game, then? Surely it would have been a much better selling point than "Hey, you meet a worse version of Haytham for 10 minutes"

I-Like-Pie45
07-13-2015, 01:16 AM
Not like Connor was helping anyway, he wasn't born yet in the time frame the game was set in. Or are you saying that they elected to make Rogue SOLELY around the purpose of having Haytham? Well, why not make it a Haytham game, then? Surely it would have been a much better selling point than "Hey, you meet a worse version of Haytham for 10 minutes"

lets be honest

since rogue haytham has no sycophants like lee or foils like connor/braddock/ziio to bounce off of, he comes across as more boring than shakespeare or strictly platonic relationships.

SixKeys
07-13-2015, 01:41 AM
lets be honest

since rogue haytham has no sycophants like lee or foils like connor/braddock/ziio to bounce off of, he comes across as more boring than shakespeare or strictly platonic relationships.

Not to mention OOC.

Sorrosyss
07-13-2015, 10:35 AM

Nah, I didn't mean to suggest they did it deliberately for Haytham, just that they made a point to include him. What you say is true about Connor's age, but then he gets name dropped at the end of the game. He was clearly around by that point, just not included.

king-hailz
07-13-2015, 12:16 PM
I like Connor. I don't looooove him. I don't really care about Haytham and Ziio was annoying. However in tyranny of King Washington I liked her (but mainly because Connor got her back).

Mr.Black24
07-13-2015, 07:48 PM
I find it hilarious that Rogue is considered the final chapter of the Kenway Saga just because Haytham's freaky mug had been show on screen for about 10 minutes.

I always wondered how a game that featured Haytham as the main character in Rogue, instead of Shay, would have been like. Of course the name Rogue, would have been different.

ze_topazio
07-14-2015, 10:46 AM
Haha, true. Also, nice HxH profile picture.

Why, thank you!

I find it hilarious that Rogue is considered the final chapter of the Kenway Saga just because Haytham's freaky mug had been show on screen for about 10 minutes.

I always wondered how a game that featured Haytham as the main character in Rogue, instead of Shay, would have been like. Of course the name Rogue, would have been different.

Don't forget Liberation and Freedom Cry since it has received a standalone release, Kenway saga has always been more of a fan name than anything, I believe Ubisoft calls it the "American saga".

Jexx21
07-14-2015, 12:26 PM
Do not dislike anyone, for we are all one. We must achieve unity with one another if we seek to further our interest. Unite with the Light.

​~ The Prophet

Defalt221
07-14-2015, 01:29 PM
I ladmire Haytham but HATE him for his guts and annoying behavior. e kills anyone who disagrees with him (Connor was his son so he tried explaining.)
Let's face it, if Haytham was raised by Assassins he'd say the same thing against Templars. It's his POV.

As for Connor, he's not likeable but everyone sympathizes what he went through. He's like a tragic hero who strived hard but got nothing in return. And Haytham died like a gentleman.

steveeire
07-15-2015, 07:59 AM
Connor is easily the worst character in Assassin's Creed, I spent that whole game wishing Haytham was the protagonist.