PDA

View Full Version : European Computer Flight Simulation' 2003 Show, where?

XyZspineZyX
09-17-2003, 01:07 AM
A very sad day for the people of Birmingham, the UK and motorcycle lovers everywhere.
Birmingham's National Motorcycle Museum has been almost completely destroyed by a fire.
This was to be home to the European Computer Flight Simulation' 2003 Show on Sunday 5th October 2003.
Although the owner of the museum Roy Richards has vowed to re-open the museum. Sadly it is unlikely that this show is going to take place at this venue.
Particularly sad for me as I was a frequent visitor to the museum and even though I'm not a motorcycle fan, I can feel the loss that the bike fans must feel.
I used to visit the place for the computer fairs that were held almost every other weekend.
I had only recently discovered that this place was going to host this show and was delighted that I might get to meet the makers of IL2 (Motorcycle musuem only four miles away from me).
Nearly 9 million pounds worth of damage has been caused (if you count the cost of the vintage bikes that were lost), with three of the five exhibition halls burnt out.
The only saving grace is that no one was injured and that some of the vintage bikes were saved by some delegates that were holding a conference there.
My hope is that although the destroyed bikes can never be replaced, the museum might be restored to it's former glory.
I would also hope that the Simulation Show could remain in Birmingham at a different venue, perhaps the NEC.
If anybody in the 'know' could let us know what is going on with the show can they keep us updated with posts.
I'm sure they will anyway, but I thought I'd ask.

Regards
Scrag

XyZspineZyX
09-17-2003, 01:07 AM
A very sad day for the people of Birmingham, the UK and motorcycle lovers everywhere.
Birmingham's National Motorcycle Museum has been almost completely destroyed by a fire.
This was to be home to the European Computer Flight Simulation' 2003 Show on Sunday 5th October 2003.
Although the owner of the museum Roy Richards has vowed to re-open the museum. Sadly it is unlikely that this show is going to take place at this venue.
Particularly sad for me as I was a frequent visitor to the museum and even though I'm not a motorcycle fan, I can feel the loss that the bike fans must feel.
I used to visit the place for the computer fairs that were held almost every other weekend.
I had only recently discovered that this place was going to host this show and was delighted that I might get to meet the makers of IL2 (Motorcycle musuem only four miles away from me).
Nearly 9 million pounds worth of damage has been caused (if you count the cost of the vintage bikes that were lost), with three of the five exhibition halls burnt out.
The only saving grace is that no one was injured and that some of the vintage bikes were saved by some delegates that were holding a conference there.
My hope is that although the destroyed bikes can never be replaced, the museum might be restored to it's former glory.
I would also hope that the Simulation Show could remain in Birmingham at a different venue, perhaps the NEC.
If anybody in the 'know' could let us know what is going on with the show can they keep us updated with posts.
I'm sure they will anyway, but I thought I'd ask.

Regards
Scrag