PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take to get to Lisbon?

VoldR
07-10-2015, 04:56 AM
I've just been playing Rogue and checking the timeline at the wikia...

Does it really take more then a year to get to Lisbon from Boston? (near Achilles's place)
(1754 July - 1755 Nov)

It only took Haytham 72 days from London to Boston...

Or has he been doing something else during that time in books or something...

Thanks, :)

LoyalACFan
07-10-2015, 10:28 AM
AC is pretty screwed up when it comes to chronology like that. My personal favorite is that it took Ezio over two years to attend a couple of training sessions and read some books at the Villa before returning to Florence for his second hidden blade in AC2.

VoldR
07-10-2015, 10:52 AM
Ezio is easier to rationalize, the training was short, but he didn't bother to go back to Firenze until Mario gave him a reason to, "The Assassin Tombs".
Which fits with how he may be trying to avoid his home for what had happened.
Watching back that part of Ezio's tale, it isn't that far fetch. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eensEYY_-kM

Maybe Shay's excuse is they gave him a tug boat to get there. That's why they ask him to leave the Morrigan behind.
Also just to fit with the real life earthquake event in that area. :)

ze_topazio
07-10-2015, 01:03 PM
Training and learning for two years is a lot more realistic than becoming a master Assassin in a week or so, I see no problem with Ezio's training taking two years.

As for Shay I have no explanation, the distance between New York and Lisbon is more or less the same as the distance between London and Boston, maybe he didn't set sail right away or maybe he took the long way by sailing around America, crossing the Pacific, passing by India, sailing round the Cape of Good Hope, sailing along the west African coast and finally arriving at Lisbon.

VoldR
07-10-2015, 01:15 PM
Training and learning for two years is a lot more realistic than becoming a master Assassin in a week or so, I see no problem with Ezio's training taking two years.

Lol, when I say short, I mean at least one year. :)

Love Shay's scenic route. :)

Sushiglutton
07-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Do you know how many collectibles Ubi can fit in between Boston and Lisbon? One year seems way too short to me.

HDinHB
07-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Do you know how many collectibles Ubi can fit in between Boston and Lisbon? One year seems way too short to me.

Approximately one googolplex, because last gen. The new consoles can have even more animus fragments and chests.

I always thought of the dead time as the Assassin being sent off on training/remote missions, like Ezio did to his recruits in ACB and ACR.

SixKeys
07-10-2015, 11:08 PM

You win this thread.

ze_topazio
07-11-2015, 02:53 AM

http://oi57.tinypic.com/zmy3ib.jpg

What am I doing with my life? http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/catdespair.gif

HDinHB
07-11-2015, 05:36 AM
What am I doing with my life?

Snort. Ubi sent this message for you:

Job Title: Level Designer
Job Family: Game & Level Design/Creative Direction

The incumbent will create the game levels and create and/or implement the gameplay situations based on the creative vision.

Type of Position: Permanent

Responsibilities:

The main and routine functions of the Level Designer are to:

Understand the part that his/her level plays in the overall game experience based on the creative director’s vision;
Populate game levels with a modest quantity of collectibles.
Be familiar with the script and, more specifically, with the episodes in his/her level so that the story remains coherent;
Populate game levels with a medium quantity of collectibles.
Prototype the environment, establish the layouts, and suggest ways of using the interactive and non-interactive elements to create the desired emotions;
Populate game levels with a large quantity of collectibles.
Communicate the results of the prototype to the other crafts in order to validate the intentions and have the level design TD assess the technical feasibility and the quality of the maps (game design director);
Populate game levels with a very large quantity of collectibles.
Work in collaboration with the level artists to ensure that the playability of the level and the graphic elements support each other;
Populate game levels with a huge quantity of collectibles.
As the project progresses, integrate the elements produced in the map (new gameplay, AI, sound, etc.);
Populate game levels with a massive quantity of collectibles.
Control the accessibility, understanding, and level of difficulty of the level;
Populate game levels with a ridiculous quantity of collectibles.
Correct the level design bugs entered into the database by testers;
Populate game levels with a truly ginormous quantity of collectibles.
Carry out all other related tasks.
Add additional collectibles as desired, especially on tiny islets and other out of the way nooks and crannies that serve no other purpose than to host said collectibles..

Sushiglutton
07-11-2015, 08:56 PM
What am I doing with my life? http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/catdespair.gif

Hahaha brilliant :D

The incumbent will create the game levels and create and/or implement the gameplay situations based on the creative vision.

Responsibilities:

Understand the part that his/her level plays in the overall game experience based on the creative director’s vision;
Be familiar with the script and, more specifically, with the episodes in his/her level so that the story remains coherent;
Prototype the environment, establish the layouts, and suggest ways of using the interactive and non-interactive elements to create the desired emotions;
Communicate the results of the prototype to the other crafts in order to validate the intentions and have the level design TD assess the technical feasibility and the quality of the maps (game design director);
Work in collaboration with the level artists to ensure that the playability of the level and the graphic elements support each other;
As the project progresses, integrate the elements produced in the map (new gameplay, AI, sound, etc.);
Add additional collectibles as desired, especially on tiny islets and other out of the way nooks and crannies that serve no other purpose than to host said collectibles..

And this too ;)

ze_topazio
07-12-2015, 12:31 AM

Responsibilities:

Sounds like a great job.

LoyalACFan
07-16-2015, 06:59 AM

I don't have a problem with it taking two years, just the way it was portrayed. It felt like "hey Ezio, I saw you reading my books, let's fight three or four times and talk about it, oh snap it's been two years and you're an Assassin now, congrats." Plus I'm pretty sure he was still talking about taking his family to Spain after that training montage, like, you've been living here for two freaking years and now you're hot to trot?