PDA

View Full Version : Download Tech Game Conversion List - Updated 23/09/2016

Ubi-Cain
07-09-2015, 01:45 PM
Fellow Uplay Gamers,

Over the years the Uplay PC client has evolved in many ways. We've had a few face lifts, we've implemented and removed some sometimes frustrating DRM policies here and there and we've also completely reworked how cloud saves work. One of the other things we have done is substantially overhaul the technology you use to download your games and created a new system entirely. (This was done some time ago now)

This has made things like our progressive downloads possible as well as some of the additional features we've added in recent months such as the ability install games from a folder if you backed them up. Of course this means that most newer games released by Ubisoft support these features but some older games are being left behind a little. This is something we want to change over the past few months we've worked on converting a numerous games over to support this new tech and the features that rely on it and we will continue to do so in the future.

Below you will find a list of the games we have already converted. In addition to this list it's generally safe to assume that any game released After and including Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, support the latest tech we have. Those before it likely don't unless they are included on this list which we will keep up to date.

Splinter Cell Blacklist
Might & Magic VI
Lock On
Petz Catz
Petz Dogz
Far Cry 3
Ghost Recon Future Soldier + DLC
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed III + DLCs
Rayman Legends

Update: 19/10/2015

Splinter Cell Double Agent
Anno 2070
Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc
Rayman Raving Rabbids

Update: 02/12/2015

Rayman 2
Assassin's Creed Revalations

Update: 07/01/2016

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Update: 22/01/2016

Far Cry 2

Update: 25/01/2016

Ghost Recon
Assassin's Creed I

Update: 04/02/2016

From Dust
Rainbow Six

Update: 08/02/2016

I Am Alive
Might & Magic: Heroes VI

Update: 17/02/2016

Price of Persia: Sands of Time
Driver: San Francisco

Update: 29/02/2016

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones

Update: 02/03/2016

Prince of Persia

Update: 07/03/2016

Settlers 7

Update: 14/03/2016

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Update: 15/03/2016

Driver Parallel Lines
CSI: Deadly Intent
CSI: Hard Evidence
Flashback
Rainbow Six Lockdown
Petz Horsez 2

Update: 15/04/2016

World In Conflict
Might & Magic 7
Might & Magic 8
Might & Magic 9
Brothers In Arms - Road To Hill 30
Trials Evolution
Anno 1701
Shaun White Skateboarding

Update: 17/04/2016

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Lockdown
Petz Horsez 2

Update: 28/04/2016

Shaun White Snowboarding
Might & Magic 6
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Update: 10/05/2016

Silent Hunter 5

Update: 03/06/2016

Beyond Good and Evil

Update: 28/06/2016

Rayman Forever
Panzer General 3D Assault

Update: 30/06/2016

Imperialism
POD Gold

Update: 13/07/2016

Silent Hunter 2
Silent Hunter 4

Update: 22/07/2016

Anno 1602

Update: 22/08/2016

Silent Hunter 3
Panzer General 3
Speed Busters

Update: 23/09/2016

Anno 1503

Update: 29/11/2016

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Battle Isle Platinum
Heroes of Might and Magic II Gold Edition

We're constantly looking into more titles to convert next and there are more on the way. As we continue to release these conversions we will make sure to let you know along the way.

That's it for now folks, happy gaming!

himmatsj
08-06-2015, 03:14 PM
Is this about when you download the older games for the first time, you have to install the patches one by one? I remember doing that for Blacklist, and it was a pain, but then later on for Child of Light, Valiant Hearts, Watch Dogs and FC4 it auto installed the latest versions of the games.

Ubi-Cain
08-07-2015, 04:01 PM
Is this about when you download the older games for the first time, you have to install the patches one by one? I remember doing that for Blacklist, and it was a pain, but then later on for Child of Light, Valiant Hearts, Watch Dogs and FC4 it auto installed the latest versions of the games.

Yes, it's related to that.
Blacklist right now doesn't require manual downloads and patching anymore. When you download the game now it comes with all existing patches pre-installed and any future patches (If any) would be installed automatically or at least applied during download as opposed to running manual installers.

/Cain

JKeift
09-01-2015, 08:03 PM
Yes, it's related to that.
Blacklist right now doesn't require manual downloads and patching anymore. When you download the game now it comes with all existing patches pre-installed and any future patches (If any) would be installed automatically or at least applied during download as opposed to running manual installers.

/Cain

Hi, Ubi-Cain. Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm really interested in knowing whether all the DLC for AC3 (Tyranny of Washington, etc.) is automatically downloaded through Uplay now. I bought the Deluxe edition from GetGames last April and when I saw I had to manually download and install each pack, I stayed away from it until that was sorted out.

I look forward to your reply, thanks!

Ubi-Cain
09-02-2015, 09:12 PM
Hi, Ubi-Cain. Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm really interested in knowing whether all the DLC for AC3 (Tyranny of Washington, etc.) is automatically downloaded through Uplay now. I bought the Deluxe edition from GetGames last April and when I saw I had to manually download and install each pack, I stayed away from it until that was sorted out.

I look forward to your reply, thanks!

Don't worry about it. If your question is on topic it's all good :)

To answer that question for you, yes!
If you own the DLC for AC3 or if it's part of a required update then these are all included in the base download of the game. No need for separate patch/DLC downloads/installs.

/Cain

JKeift
09-03-2015, 02:06 AM
Don't worry about it. If your question is on topic it's all good :)

To answer that question for you, yes!
If you own the DLC for AC3 or if it's part of a required update then these are all included in the base download of the game. No need for separate patch/DLC downloads/installs.

/Cain

Thanks for the prompt reply, Cain. Just one more question and I'll be out of your hair. Maybe what you're saying applies to people who purchased AC3 Deluxe (i.e., AC3 base game + all DLC) on the Ubishop. I personally bought it from a 3rd party retailer (GetGames), and after downloading/installing the game, the DLC tab on Uplay says "Buy now", so I guess Uplay does not recognize that I own the DLC. Is there any way for people like me who got the deluxe edition from other retailers to benefit from this updated download technology?

Just to be clear, the DLC has already been unlocked in-game using the activation code, but it was never downloaded automatically by Uplay. So any time I try to start the Tyranny of King Washington DLC, an error message appears stating "No content was found." I'm guessing that's related to Uplay not acknowledging that I actually own the DLC and instead prompting me to re-purchase it.

Thanks again for your help.

DarkW0lfx
09-05-2015, 06:48 PM
Yeah I'm with @JKeift here, I have the exact same problem. I bought the game from a different retailer, and if I activate the game with the competitors I get the DLC fine.
WIth Uplay, I got different links, @Ubi-Cain, how do we get the Uplay Client, to recognize we bought the Deluxe version so we are entitled to the corresponding DLC of the game, in this case AC3?

This personal matter has been discussed multiple times in forums and have thrown people down.

If the answer is, it has to be bought from Uplay only, then do let us know, as there is a lot of confusion on the matter.

Thanks.

JKeift
09-09-2015, 02:06 AM
Yeah I'm with @JKeift here, I have the exact same problem. I bought the game from a different retailer, and if I activate the game with the competitors I get the DLC fine.
WIth Uplay, I got different links, @Ubi-Cain, how do we get the Uplay Client, to recognize we bought the Deluxe version so we are entitled to the corresponding DLC of the game, in this case AC3?

This personal matter has been discussed multiple times in forums and have thrown people down.

If the answer is, it has to be bought from Uplay only, then do let us know, as there is a lot of confusion on the matter.

Thanks.

Thanks for confirming this! Let's hope we get an official response...

Natchai_Ubisoft
09-10-2015, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply, Cain. Just one more question and I'll be out of your hair. Maybe what you're saying applies to people who purchased AC3 Deluxe (i.e., AC3 base game + all DLC) on the Ubishop. I personally bought it from a 3rd party retailer (GetGames), and after downloading/installing the game, the DLC tab on Uplay says "Buy now", so I guess Uplay does not recognize that I own the DLC. Is there any way for people like me who got the deluxe edition from other retailers to benefit from this updated download technology?

Just to be clear, the DLC has already been unlocked in-game using the activation code, but it was never downloaded automatically by Uplay. So any time I try to start the Tyranny of King Washington DLC, an error message appears stating "No content was found." I'm guessing that's related to Uplay not acknowledging that I actually own the DLC and instead prompting me to re-purchase it.

Thanks again for your help.

Hey, you mention you activated the DLC in game using the activation codes, do you mean by that that you have separate codes for the DLC you listed here? If so, can you try and activate those in Uplay? The humble bundle from a while back for instance, works the same way, and you needed to activate the DLC in the Uplay client itself :)

JKeift
09-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Hey, you mention you activated the DLC in game using the activation codes, do you mean by that that you have separate codes for the DLC you listed here? If so, can you try and activate those in Uplay? The humble bundle from a while back for instance, works the same way, and you needed to activate the DLC in the Uplay client itself :)

Hi, Natchai, thanks for your reply. I only have one code, which is the one provided by the retailer, GetGames. I used that code twice. The first time on Uplay, upon which AC3 was activated successfully. The second time was in-game, under the "Redeem Code" option of the main menu. I entered the code and I got almost 20 pop-up windows stating I had successfully unlocked a bunch of DLC content, such as "The Hidden Secrets Pack", "The Battle Hardened Pack", "The Tyranny of King Washington", etc. So far, so good.

The problem is each time I try to access the Tyranny of King Washington DLC campaign, it says "Content unavailable". When I exit the game and check the DLC tab in Uplay, all of the abovementioned content (which is already unlocked in-game) does NOT appear as owned. Rather, it says "Buy it", as if I didn't own it. And if I try to enter the code again, either on Uplay or in-game, it of course says that the code has already been used. I can happily send you my code via private message to see if you can do anything about it. I know that Origin's support works like this, i.e., if there's a problem with your code, you can send it to them and they'll manually activate the content on your account if they verify that the key is valid and legit. It'd be great if I can avoid creating a new support ticket, since it is my understanding that Ubi's support sometimes take days to formally reply through that channel.

Please let me know how to proceed, I'd really like to have access to the content I paid for. Thanks again.

Anykeyer
12-04-2015, 09:01 AM
Please add remaining AC games to the list: AC 1, Brotherhood and Revelations.

Regarding AC 3 DLCs
All problems come from the fact that before AC 4 all unlockables had to be registered in a separate database/server. For this all games had "extras > activate content" in their main menu. Later games manage all extras through Uplay. In this case a single activation grants both download and usage rights.
But in old games those rights are separate. Its because originally Uplay didnt have DLC download capability. Activating keys within an old game grants usage rights but doesnt affect Uplay's download manager in any way, you'll still see "buy now" in Uplay. To complicate things game and Uplay often want different keys. For example AC 3 accepts "bundle keys" like season pass correctly giving usage access to all associated content. But Uplay doesnt, it only accepts separate DLC keys. It works if you get AC 3, its Deluxe or season pass directly from Uplay shop because it automatically attaches separate keys for each DLC, never using bundle keys Uplay doesnt support. But Ubisoft in all their glory distributed bundle keys to 3rd party retailers, and their own Uplay doesnt even accept them.
Years later this problems is still not fixed. In fact the move to the updated download tech only complicated things.
Because before you could download game's installer from Uplay, DLC installers from 3rd party shop, install all this manually and activate keys in game. Now separate DLC installers dont work with AC3 downloaded from Uplay. They cant find AC3 installation or its version number unless user manually edits windows registry.
Oh, and another destructive change made some time ago - Benedict Arnold DLC is currently disabled in Uplay. before it didnt ever appear in DLC tab but it was possible to activate it in Uplay and have it listed in "account information" section. And new download tech would recognise it and download automatically. Now its not the case, BA doesnt exist for Uplay.

yanivdekel
05-15-2016, 01:18 PM
Any chance of an update on the whole external installer situation?
I just got the gold/deluxe editions of AC revelations and AC III. The Lost Archive and Benedict Arnold DLCs come as separate installers which simply do not work without messing with the registry. Why not just integrate them into the Uplay download?

kinghemp1
05-20-2016, 07:40 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to know when/if HAWX 2 will be added. uPlay doesn't detect the game files and when I launch the game directly from the exe file it just starts downloading. The game files are there, hello???

KiBaFuS
04-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Assassin's Creed III ?

planois
01-21-2018, 02:21 AM
Dear Uplay PC Developer,

I wish some classic Ubi Soft games were made available once again, such as Tonic Trouble, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, Tom Clancy's Cell Ghost Recon 2, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, Call of Juarez: The Cartel, Wheelman, Toy Soldiers: War Chest, etc. In addition some of the titles mentioned by Ubi Cain such as Petz Catz, Petz Dogz, Hawx 1 & 2, Shaun White Skateboarding or Shaun White Snowboarding are not available for purchase on Uplay. It is a shame because Ubi Soft has such a broad back catalog of amazing titles but many are just missing from the UPlay platform.

I understand that for some of these titles, there is no multiplayer and the servers are no longer available. It is ok if the multiplayer no longer works, some of us are just happy to play in single player mode. If you just put a disclaimer in the store page that the multiplayer mode no longer works, then customers are made aware of this and at least they can still choose to buy the title if they just want the single player mode. Would really love to be able to pick up more of the UbiSoft classics.

Thank you!

Anykeyer
01-21-2018, 01:51 PM
Looks like this list is out of date. Recently Ubi converted heroes of might and magic 5 but left the job half-completed.

Original game - converted
1st expansion - not
2nd (standalone) expansion converted

Since 1st expansion is not standalone this causes a major problem - you can no longer install it on top of the converted original. The installer closes with "original game not found" error.

After some digging I found a temproral solution. You need to add some stuff in your windows registry

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{20071984-5EB1-4881-8EDB-082532ACEC6D}]
"InstallLocation"="C:/GAMES/Heroes of Might and Magic V"

(change InstallLocation if needed)

Ubi-Kay
01-23-2018, 12:28 PM
Hey Anykeyer,

Thanks for reporting and the workaround, I'll be sure to pass this along.