PDA

View Full Version : For honor on pre order ?

Zorxir
07-09-2015, 04:43 AM
For honor is in pre order on amazon, kinguin and G2A. It says it will be aviable 31 December 2015 can i trust them?

MajorCynik
07-09-2015, 11:31 AM
Personally i wouldn't trust the release date. I'm fairly sure it's already been said release is scheduled for 2016, Someone will confirm/deny this I'm sure.

Amazon will surely enjoy taking your pre-order though, regardless of actual release date being correct or not ;)

UbiVolfbane
07-09-2015, 06:56 PM
The date is more than likely a placeholder as there is no release date at this time. I'm sure that everyone will be updated once a release date has announced.

VoidWalker-
07-14-2015, 05:29 AM
I will pre order this like no tomorrow. Just give me a date.

Arkmuth
07-14-2015, 01:30 PM
I prefer to wait to know what the collector edition will come with... considering the game we are here talking about, it will be a very badass whaterver thingie :nonchalance:

Dead1y-Derri
07-18-2015, 11:52 PM
Many sites like others have said place a 31 December release date as a placeholder until an actual known release date is announced at which point its updated. I have no idea why they don't just stick a sign up that says 'TBA' but I suppose it might not encourage people to pre order.

Personally I'd love it to be released on 31 December as that's my birthday lol

Fatal-Feit
07-19-2015, 03:30 AM
Like people said, that's a placeholder date. I personally wouldn't pre-order something without an exact date.

Dead1y-Derri
07-19-2015, 11:56 AM
Like people said, that's a placeholder date. I personally wouldn't pre-order something without an exact date.

Yes, especially if they're a retailer that takes the money when the order is placed. In truth I try not to pre order any game now. I find that if you pre order you're opening yourself up to paying for something which you don't know how well it will perform. It could be broken on launch or have numerous bugs.

So my rule of thumb is to not pre order, even if I intend to pick the game up on launch.

However I might end up breaking this rule for For Honor as it seems pretty awesome but again I'm cynical, Ubisoft games have launched with bugs in the past.

Fatal-Feit
07-19-2015, 11:01 PM
Yes, especially if they're a retailer that takes the money when the order is placed. In truth I try not to pre order any game now. I find that if you pre order you're opening yourself up to paying for something which you don't know how well it will perform. It could be broken on launch or have numerous bugs.

So my rule of thumb is to not pre order, even if I intend to pick the game up on launch.

However I might end up breaking this rule for For Honor as it seems pretty awesome but again I'm cynical, Ubisoft games have launched with bugs in the past.

Yep, that completely understandable.

I also get that game development is costly for developers and that pre-order bonuses/etc are how they can ensure to put bread on the table. What I usually do is give each game 3 chances. If it gets 3 strikes, I refuse to pre-order the game, and will most likely pick it up when it's on sale. Games gets strikes from stuffing things like pre-order bonuses and exclusives down our throats. AK for example, is a good game, I'm sure, but it was littered with so much exclusives, pre-order bonuses, and DLCs, it made me sick just to hear about it. I don't even feel like picking it up for 16$ on G2A. The Witcher 3, on the other hand, treated me well as a gamer. Never mind the free DLCs, it didn't try to make me choke on pre-order and exclusives bonuses before the game even came out. It gave me a game with a season pass. That's it. I wouldn't have mind a pre-order DLC. And it's those kind of games that makes me pick it up twice even.

Dead1y-Derri
07-19-2015, 11:25 PM
Yep, that completely understandable.

I also get that game development is costly for developers and that pre-order bonuses/etc are how they can ensure to put bread on the table. What I usually do is give each game 3 chances. If it gets 3 strikes, I refuse to pre-order the game, and will most likely pick it up when it's on sale. Games gets strikes from stuffing things like pre-order bonuses and exclusives down our throats. AK for example, is a good game, I'm sure, but it was littered with so much exclusives, pre-order bonuses, and DLCs, it made me sick just to hear about it. I don't even feel like picking it up for 16$ on G2A. The Witcher 3, on the other hand, treated me well as a gamer. Never mind the free DLCs, it didn't try to make me choke on pre-order and exclusives bonuses before the game even came out. It gave me a game with a season pass. That's it. I wouldn't have mind a pre-order DLC. And it's those kind of games that makes me pick it up twice even.

I tend to get annoyed with Pre Order bonuses myself. I understand they're needed and are introduced to give sales projections and estimated income but also to combat the used game market. Its basically saying "Look if you want to buy used games, you've got accept you don't get the complete experience" but it also annoys me because its not very consumer friendly to not get the full experience when buying a game. Say 5 years ago you didn't really get pre order bonuses, at least in the console market. You could pick up a game and you'd get everything, all missions and stuff like skins/camos/outfits were unlocked by playing the game and completing stuff.

Now every company on the planet is like this:

"Pre order now for the exclusive mission pack, containing 3 missions that expands the game" or "Pre order now for this totally over powered weapon"

Now some pre order bonuses are harmless like skins and outfits, those I can understand but sometimes it feels like devs are taking content e.g. missions out of the game and making them pre order bonuses.

Fatal-Feit
07-19-2015, 11:42 PM
I tend to get annoyed with Pre Order bonuses myself. I understand they're needed and are introduced to give sales projections and estimated income but also to combat the used game market. Its basically saying "Look if you want to buy used games, you've got accept you don't get the complete experience" but it also annoys me because its not very consumer friendly to not get the full experience when buying a game. Say 5 years ago you didn't really get pre order bonuses, at least in the console market. You could pick up a game and you'd get everything, all missions and stuff like skins/camos/outfits were unlocked by playing the game and completing stuff.

Now every company on the planet is like this:

"Pre order now for the exclusive mission pack, containing 3 missions that expands the game" or "Pre order now for this totally over powered weapon"

Now some pre order bonuses are harmless like skins and outfits, those I can understand but sometimes it feels like devs are taking content e.g. missions out of the game and making them pre order bonuses.

This perfectly describes our frustration. :p

http://i.imgur.com/C3P3oYo.jpg

Dead1y-Derri
07-19-2015, 11:46 PM
This perfectly describes our frustration. :p

OMG I was hunting for that pic but couldn't find it :) It perfectly describes our frustrations.

UbiBooma
07-20-2015, 05:10 PM
Once there is a set-in-stone release date I'll definitely be preordering. My jaw dropped from the E3 footage and I still haven't quite managed to lift it off the ground :D

PAN_1972
03-28-2016, 08:57 AM
Am I mistaken but some told me that he saw a pre-order button in the US shop? Since Im using the German Store I cant verify this. Any confirmation here?

V4nClief
04-22-2016, 04:48 PM
Personally I never would pre order a game unless there is a solid release date. Not saying this game will be like that, but I've seen game in early production get hype and for one reason or another they scrap it. Yeah you get your money back, but why deal with the hassle? Plus wouldn't you rather wait to pre order to see what deluxe edition or collectors editions may be offered? It's Ubisoft so you know they are going to have some pretty awesome collectors editions I can bet.

Dead1y-Derri
04-29-2016, 12:55 PM
Personally I never would pre order a game unless there is a solid release date. Not saying this game will be like that, but I've seen game in early production get hype and for one reason or another they scrap it. Yeah you get your money back, but why deal with the hassle? Plus wouldn't you rather wait to pre order to see what deluxe edition or collectors editions may be offered? It's Ubisoft so you know they are going to have some pretty awesome collectors editions I can bet.

If you're pre-ordering on like Xbox or PS store then they do take the money right away but for the most part sites like Amazon etc won't take the money until dispatch.

Tustanuxo
05-02-2016, 09:58 AM
Will there also be special editions? Because then I will wait with pre-order until those are known.