PDA

View Full Version : New For Honor Details!

sV DirtyMoose
07-08-2015, 06:40 PM
Hey guys,

I was fortunate enough to get to talk with Emile and get some of your questions as well as a few of mine own answered. Here is the result of that, I hope you guys enjoy and I look forward to bringing you all a lot more For Honor videos!

https://youtu.be/nXm8xmE35iE

shyWolverine
07-08-2015, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the video. This info is available already on some interviews, but i' am sure others haven't seen those yet.

sV DirtyMoose
07-08-2015, 10:17 PM
yea i noticed lol but i didnt get to see those interviews before putting this out lol

Havemercy87
07-09-2015, 12:46 AM
Awesome! Thanks moose

Ansieh
07-09-2015, 06:22 AM
Thanks for the great insight! I have a question about the character part... I heard something about if warrior carries a longsword player can customize the long sword but cannot change the weapons... so if I play knight can I choose a spec where he can wield a sword and a shield?

Havemercy87
07-09-2015, 09:56 AM
Each faction will have it's own class of warriors. The current theory is that there will be 3 each and judging by the cover photo with the 3 helmets and the trailers that is correct. Yes there will be a class of Knight with a shield, also a Viking with a shield..

Exciting, eh..

Solid_Altair
07-09-2015, 10:46 AM
Thank you, OP.

I'm glad to know there are character specific feats. To me, this was the new info. Do you happen to know if every feat will be character specific? Or will some of them be faction specific... or even yet, common to all factions and classes?

About upgrading the weapons, any clue if these are mechanic upgrades, or just cosmetic? I'm really hoping the whole equipment customization will be only cosmetic. Increasing the sword damage, for instance, would only give veterans an advantage over beginners, as well as making people not wish to switch characters and try new things, once they get a better weapon for their favorite character. This would also make people never wish to use some of the weapons, eve if they like how they look, because these weapons would be weak. They should stray from quantitative upgrades. When he said there won't be load outs in a traditional sense, I was happy, because it sounded like they're not cluttering the characters with many mechanic upgrades. I really hope the mechanical factors will be only class and feats.

As for your idea idea of unlocking a cosmetic element by doing something specific, I think it's a bad one. In your very own example, imagine a guy who is near getting the 30 kills without dying. Do you think he'd sacrifice himself for his team? These "do this to unlock that" only distract the players from teamwork and the match's objectives. They pretty much ruined some multiplayer games. I'm OK with having some cosmetic elements only available at a high level, though, as long as it's all done with generic XP.