PDA

View Full Version : Community Spotlight: BigBow

RetiredRonin
07-08-2015, 02:33 PM
We’re back with another Community Spotlight! Wooo! It’s always a pleasure being able to talk about the Trials community, but today is an even better treat, because I got to have a little conversation with someone who brought together a whole new community. And these guys are ACTIVE. You may have seen his name in the forums a few times, especially if you ever venture into that one thread with well over 18k posts.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/cs-bigbow-news_211040.jpg

That’s right; today we are talking with BigBow62 about Trials… and the Over The Hill Gang.

What’s your first Trials game?
Trials HD

What is your first memory of Trials?
Playing Trials HD and having a blast with all the cool tracks and hidden areas.

Why do you play Trials?
It’s an awesome arcade game that keeps on going with new TC tracks. Also to keep the OTHG running at full speed.

Which do you prefer; Career tracks or Custom tracks?
Career tracks are fun and help the ole Global Leaderboards, but running the OTHG builders’ tracks with all my fellow old folk is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87fLO0DQEAs

What are your favorite types of tracks?
Medium to Hard speed running tracks... that's the kind of tracks that we've been running every week for the past 3yrs.

What’s your favorite memory related to Trials?
Many, many days and nights gaming with the OTHG!

What is the OTHG?
The OTHG is a group of older Trials riding friends that will do anything to help a buddy. This is our 3 year anniversary and we hope to be around for a lot more. I couldn't have hand-picked a better group of friends, and the cool part they are from all over the world. One thing that has really helped is I have a bunch of big medical problems and I've had lots of operations so I don't get out as much as I used too. This has been a great help in that respect. I have come to find out that we have quite a few members that are in the same "medical" boat as me so we are helping each other and the rest of the gang is helping us.

God bless you OTHG and Redlynx for giving us these great arcade games. BTW: When is Evo2 coming out (hint hint) LOL. (Yeah, I am willfully ignoring the “hint hint” that BigBow put in there. – Shifty)

Calling all 30 and over Trials players: We are always looking for new Trials members so come and visit our OTHG thread. Thank you.

Why did you start the Over The Hill Gang?
To carry over from the last questions things didn't go so great on the other racing sites so I found Redlynx and started the gang June 2012.

At first I was just looking for some Trials-playing friends. So we started off slow, maybe 10 members or so, and then the word got around and friends of friends started to show up and we slowly worked our way up to 30 or so members.

Then the Fusions Teams came out and our members were on Xbox 360, Xbox One and PS4, so to fill out the teams we grew fast, very fast, over the 50 mark. It is tough to nail down a number because we have people coming and going or taking small breaks. The good thing is that we've always had a solid core of 15-20 members that live for the gang.

About how many people participate in your weekly challenges?
That's another tough one because we are still running on Evo and right now we have one of our favorite challenges going; a 7 bike & 1 track challenge where we take 1 bike a week and run it down the same track. Each week the builder posts the track with a new bike and fresh leader board. This is the 6th such challenge and it all came about from some of our original members talking about how it would have been nice if we had a LB for each bike. It would open the whole game up again to the slower bikes that are covered with dust from no use. So I'd say our 7B/1T challenges have been averaging about 20+ riders per week, while and our regular HLC's have been between 10 and 20.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/trials/portal/CS-BB-OTHG-HLC_211042.jpg

When it comes to competition do you prefer multiplayer or leaderboards?
I'd say leaderboards because every week we have some epic battles on our OTHG LBs and after 3yrs you really find out who your rivals are.

Who’s your biggest rival?
Rudemod & gerbs, over the years they have been two of my top rivals and best friends.

What’s the best part about Trials community?
Making new friends that love Trials the same way that I do.

How do your friends react when you talk about Trials?
Well, I started off on racing sites with Forza, Grid... etc. and when Trials came along I tried running the Trials HLC but most of the guys didn't want to put in the time it takes for Trials racing...you know the learning curve.

What would you like to say to all the readers?
Get out and start a group of Trials friends. It’s a great feeling to know that I have made so many close friends and those friends have made new friends and on and on. The OTHG is my life, my little family and everyone that's been a part of it has made it that much better. The 5 co-leaders have helped me the most; Gerb, Rude, D2, Shakey & Vidar and the rest of the original members that have been here from the start. There are just so many people to say thank-you to, like all the OTHG builders and all of our building friends that have created tracks for us over the years.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/trials/portal/line-break_202859.png

To catch some of the OTHG fun watch The Professor himself playing some Fusion multiplayer with some of BigBow's OTHG friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipUFOYeYBDU

Jongie
07-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Grats for the spotlight, Boss! :cool:

RidingMower
07-08-2015, 03:43 PM
Way to go BigBow! I'm proud of you. Thank you for having me as a member of the OTHG. They are an amazing group to be with.

Morfyboy
07-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Niiiiice.. :)

gerble72
07-08-2015, 04:23 PM
OTHG for life proud of you boss

Rudemod 69
07-08-2015, 06:04 PM
Nicely done, Boss.

Here's to the next 3 years of Trialin'. :D

Ozy Be
07-08-2015, 06:25 PM
:DAwesome stuff!
Congrats Boss, well deserved spotlight...

OTHG for Life :cool:

Meenie77
07-08-2015, 07:40 PM
Congrats BB... well deserved

NovaDarkStorm
07-08-2015, 10:07 PM
OTHG for life!

Congrats boss and cheers.

elCamsterino
07-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Well done BigBow :cool:

Since you invited me into the OTHG my Friends list has grown so fast lol, many fun times and many frustrated rage quits on HLC's :D

Keep it up my friend ;)

booped
07-08-2015, 11:01 PM
Congrats

JetArtois
07-08-2015, 11:13 PM
Awesome that was Boss and Shifty.

Congrats Boss, well deserved and about time for some sort of a TF!! ;-)

I've loved meeting you and others whilst having some late night/early morning gaming sessions. Some real good banter and some LMAO whilst PMSL moments. :D

OTHG!!! Sweeeeeet. X

bigbow62
07-08-2015, 11:48 PM
Thank-you OTHG members,you guys-n-gals are the very best.look forward to many more years of gaming fun.Most of all just spending time with all of my new best friends.

Love you all ... OTHG 4-life !

funktastic-
07-09-2015, 12:06 PM
well done bigbow also sorry to hear about your medical problems hope all its good.

when i first joined this forum i did enquire about joining the OTHG but did not follow it up , maybe i should have instead of getting my self into trouble else where hahah. Although i do spend most of my time building so im not sure what time or what it would require to be a member or how much time it would need.

I noticed one of my tracks in one of your selection also , not too sure what its all about but was real good to see that others are enjoying them. I also second that about rudemod , although i dont speak in general to the guy , hes always been a very decent guy towards me within the forum since i joined Got alot of respect for the dude also. Many years ago back to msn chat rooms i use to manage a quiz room along with others , similar thing but in a different way and we gained thousands of members too and it was a great experience and laugh. We even did meets were many met up in desired destinations on the raz , party till early hours in the hotels. great stuff.

anyway well done bud , hope your gang continue for many years and good to see you and the OTHG get some highlight. Hopefully this will aid in more members joining.

Vidar45
07-09-2015, 12:09 PM
Well deserved! Congrats Bossman!

aMcConghie16
07-09-2015, 10:15 PM
Well deserved bossman I'm honored to be part of such an amazing group of friends. Since I joined in January I've had nothing but fun with u guys n girls. I've gained more friends than one person can handle even had to remove friends to add teammates 😀.

What a cool week uplay and community spotlight OTHG for the win.

bigbow62
07-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Thank-you all again....it really warms my heart to see all these nice posts.I'm soooo glad i started this old folks home of Trialin' back in 2012 and hope we can keep growing and having fun gaming in the years to come.

Now get out there and ride like the wind Gang'sters :cool: