PDA

View Full Version : King Arthur's legend in Assassin's Creed Syndicate?

cckenway
07-08-2015, 02:17 PM
Guys, I was thinking if we are going to see anything related do King Arthur's legend in Syndicate since he was an important british figure who had a PoE (his sword Excalibur). I think it would be cool if there were missions like the Lairs of Romulus from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood so we could acquire King Arthur's armor or something like that. What do you think?

LoyalACFan
07-08-2015, 02:22 PM
so we could acquire King Arthur's armor or something like that.

Oh God no, lol. Walking around the streets of 19th-century London in plate armor would just be beyond silly.

Considering that nobody really knows whether Arthurian legend was based on a real guy or not, I could see them making him a Sage or something in the distant past. They could do some time anomaly stuff about him too. Actually, the medieval flashbacks were some of my favorite parts of Unity (I know King Arthur was supposed to have lived centuries before that, but you get me).

cckenway
07-08-2015, 02:30 PM
Oh God no, lol. Walking around the streets of 19th-century London in plate armor would just be beyond silly..

Good point lol haven't thought about it. Maybe we could get the Excalibur itselft, then.

LoyalACFan
07-08-2015, 02:36 PM
Good point lol haven't thought about it. Maybe we could get the Excalibur itselft, then.

Maybe, but then you have the same problem again, they didn't use broadswords in the 1800s. I could see it being a sort of MacGuffin for the modern-day gang to be chasing, but not as an actual usable weapon (except maybe in one or two scenes like Ezio's Apple in ACB). I could easily see them saying "hey, that Sword of Eden Germain used against Arno is pretty boss, maybe we should find one of those for ourselves to use against Abstergo. Our records show reports of a brother and sister in 1868 who encountered a strange weapon that might be one, let's jump in the Helix and find out."

Altair1789
07-09-2015, 08:44 AM
Oh God no, lol. Walking around the streets of 19th-century London in plate armor would just be beyond silly.

It's a side outfit, not Jacob's/ Evie's main outfit. They shouldn't care at all about the side outfits matching the era

Sorrosyss
07-09-2015, 12:59 PM
If excalibur wound up being a different stylized Sword of Eden, that would be a fun inclusion.

Xstantin
07-09-2015, 03:50 PM
It's a side outfit, not Jacob's/ Evie's main outfit. They shouldn't care at all about the side outfits matching the era

Maybe they should, at least a little, after these monstrosities

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150102004326/assassinscreed/images/0/06/ACRG_Viking_armour.pnghttp://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111130221839/assassinscreed/images/0/06/Armor-brutus-brotherhood.png

LoyalACFan
07-10-2015, 10:39 AM
Maybe they should, at least a little, after these monstrosities

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150102004326/assassinscreed/images/0/06/ACRG_Viking_armour.pnghttp://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111130221839/assassinscreed/images/0/06/Armor-brutus-brotherhood.png

Exactly. I mean, I'm all for including goofy Easter egg stuff from time to time (like the Raiden skin in ACB) but if you're going to make it an unlockable you have to work for, it should be something that the player would actually want to use. The Viking skin was especially bad, even the mission that led up to it was garbage. Just glorified collectibles.

Xstantin
07-10-2015, 03:20 PM
I mean, I'm all for including goofy Easter egg stuff from time to time (like the Raiden skin in ACB)

Same here, I mean goofy outfits can be awesome when they're silly on purpose (like that MGS chicken hat for instance) unlike something which is meant to look cool but ends up looking like a complete joke just because.

GunnerGalactico
07-10-2015, 10:26 PM
This would have been the most expected, predictable and clichéd route ever. I don't think that Ubi would want to go there with regards to the lore. However, I also think that having Excalibur as a Sword of Eden is plausible.