PDA

View Full Version : Cross Platform?

Havemercy87
07-08-2015, 04:00 AM
Will For Honor be cross platform? Would really help open player base/population for multiplayer if it was. I know this is taboo among Playstation and Xbox, but if any game would break the mold it's For Honor.

Rekcikesra
07-08-2015, 04:52 AM
Will For Honor be cross platform? Would really help open player base/population for multiplayer if it was. I know this is taboo among Playstation and Xbox, but if any game would break the mold it's For Honor.

Man I really hope so, I love the idea of having a even larger amount of lobbies to join, even though PS4 will still probably have lots of players.

Kenji_Hattori
07-08-2015, 05:11 AM
Man I really hope so, I love the idea of having a even larger amount of lobbies to join, even though PS4 will still probably have lots of players.

Im right there with you. I would like to play on my PC because i have a wired connection with it, and its a great computer. But i know PS4 usually has a bigger player base, im really only judging on how often and quick i have known PC gamers to get tired of a game. It would also be the first game to have done so if i am not mistaken. If they could it would make the game so much better. But the only issue i see with it is if your on PS4 and im on PC, and we really enjoy how well we play together, how would we befriend eachother? There would have to be an in game friend system. Not that i would mind that but i dont think its on their agenda.

Willaguy2010
07-08-2015, 05:48 AM
Microsoft and Sony are responsible for that, not Ubisoft. My bet is that Microsoft will allow cross play between xb1 and Windows play or whatever it is. Not sure about ps4 though.

Havemercy87
07-08-2015, 09:45 AM
Agreed, Playstation would definitely be the last holdout on this and probably a deal breaker honestly. I hadn't thought about the social engines issue, that's a good point. If they could manage it, one would think it would be worth it to setup a basic social engine, I don't know. I'd really like to know if this is something that they've tried or talked about. You see I've got an Xbox One and all my gamer friends have PS4s. That's just my personal problem, the big picture is the multiplayer player pool.

Rekcikesra
07-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Microsoft and Sony are responsible for that, not Ubisoft. My bet is that Microsoft will allow cross play between xb1 and Windows play or whatever it is. Not sure about ps4 though.

Sadly, that is probably true. :(

Arashitora
07-08-2015, 07:16 PM
But the only issue i see with it is if your on PS4 and im on PC, and we really enjoy how well we play together, how would we befriend eachother? There would have to be an in game friend system. Not that i would mind that but i dont think its on their agenda.

Couldn't Uplay handle this?

Havemercy87
07-09-2015, 12:50 AM
Couldn't Uplay handle this?

That is a brilliant idea. I think your onto something there

Havemercy87
07-11-2015, 04:06 AM
Any word on cross platform? I'm prepared to sell my Xbox and get a PS4, after reading around online I think PS4 will definitely have the larger player base and that seems the logical console without this.

Fatal-Feit
07-11-2015, 05:21 AM

I would love nothing more than to see Ubisoft begin embracing cross-platform play. 2015 is kind of a new fresh start for them (after the controversial disaster that was 2014), and with For Honor and all of its awesomeness, there may be a slight chance of it happening. I mean, we've got split-screen. That's got to mean something.

And if that does happen, hopefully other big publishers like EA will begin to do the same with other big titles like Battlefront.

Havemercy87
07-11-2015, 12:06 PM
It would be epic!

Dead1y-Derri
07-19-2015, 02:36 PM
I don't see it happening because those who play on PC will play the game at a higher frame rate and FOV rate which could grant a tactical advantage. Now you could see cross platform between PS and XB but I don't see that happening because Sony and Microsoft generally have always said no to this.

Havemercy87
07-19-2015, 03:57 PM
Yeah I agree, I'm not holding my breath on it, but it would be amazing. I've already sold my Xb1..

Fatal-Feit
07-19-2015, 11:09 PM
I don't see it happening because those who play on PC will play the game at a higher frame rate and FOV rate which could grant a tactical advantage. Now you could see cross platform between PS and XB but I don't see that happening because Sony and Microsoft generally have always said no to this.

Well, keep in mind that not all PCs are high-end. The majority of PC gamers, contrary to popular beliefs, are running on a budget rig that's about as powerful as a console. Or even weaker. And PC gamers, themselves, have dealt with other people having the better performance, so it's not something new if they do cross platform here. It comes down to how much people are willing to invest in their gaming. The X1 offers a stellar performance for what any PC gamer can make with the same budget. It's more or less just adding more players to the family.

Dead1y-Derri
07-19-2015, 11:17 PM
Well, keep in mind that not all PCs are high-end. The majority of PC gamers, contrary to popular beliefs, are running on a budget rig that's about as powerful as a console. Or even weaker. And PC gamers, themselves, have dealt with other people having the better performance, so it's not something new if they do cross platform here. It comes down to how much people are willing to invest in their gaming. The X1 offers a stellar performance for what any PC gamer can make with the same budget. It's more or less just adding more players to the family.

I'd have to disagree because I think a lot of PC players will be run on PC that's got more power than a XB1 or PS4 and since on PC you can manipulate a lot more aspects I just don't see them joining console players. I know a lot of PC players who do run on a low powered rig but generally they don't play AAA games because the quality they get is very poor.

I feel with PC there are too many variables and Sony and Microsoft I don't ever see them, at least now offer players cross platform MP access for this game or any game.

I know I'm being cynical but its just a fact really. There is reason why Sony and Microsoft compete and that's because they want their console to be bought. As for XB1 and PC teaming up, I don't see it. Simply because there are many variables when it comes to PC gaming.

Fatal-Feit
07-20-2015, 12:00 AM
I'd have to disagree because I think a lot of PC players will be run on PC that's got more power than a XB1 or PS4 and since on PC you can manipulate a lot more aspects I just don't see them joining console players. I know a lot of PC players who do run on a low powered rig but generally they don't play AAA games because the quality they get is very poor.

I feel with PC there are too many variables and Sony and Microsoft I don't ever see them, at least now offer players cross platform MP access for this game or any game.

I know I'm being cynical but its just a fact really. There is reason why Sony and Microsoft compete and that's because they want their console to be bought. As for XB1 and PC teaming up, I don't see it. Simply because there are many variables when it comes to PC gaming.

With Sony and Microsoft, they are in a competitive state, so I agree with that part. But Microsoft have recently been announcing A LOT of cross platform games for PC and X1. And a lot of them are online competitive MP games. i.e Fable Legends and that other MOBA game. Many PC gamers will inevitably have the advantage but Microsoft still isn't shying away. --Also, it's worth noting that X1 and PC aren't really competing. Microsoft owns both Windows and Xbox. Many of their exclusives on X1 have arrived on PC, including the upcoming Gears Remaster. I get the concern about PC having an unfair advantage, but really, that's always been the case on PC. There will always be guys with 144Hz going up against 60Hz. Being an avid PC gamer, I can ensure you it doesn't really affect the experience as much as you think. I mean, I play GTAV online with locked 30fps and still engage in MP competitions.

Dead1y-Derri
07-20-2015, 02:40 PM
With Sony and Microsoft, they are in a competitive state, so I agree with that part. But Microsoft have recently been announcing A LOT of cross platform games for PC and X1. And a lot of them are online competitive MP games. i.e Fable Legends and that other MOBA game. Many PC gamers will inevitably have the advantage but Microsoft still isn't shying away. --Also, it's worth noting that X1 and PC aren't really competing. Microsoft owns both Windows and Xbox. Many of their exclusives on X1 have arrived on PC, including the upcoming Gears Remaster. I get the concern about PC having an unfair advantage, but really, that's always been the case on PC. There will always be guys with 144Hz going up against 60Hz. Being an avid PC gamer, I can ensure you it doesn't really affect the experience as much as you think. I mean, I play GTAV online with locked 30fps and still engage in MP competitions.

I'm not saying its not doable because it is. I just don't see it happening, again I'm cynical, they've never really done cross platfrom MP where the platfroms share the same space, at least not on a grand scale (I think) Even though Microsoft aren't competing with PC as well PC is Microsoft like you said. I personally just don't see it happening. I'm not trying to be negative but its really unlikely.

I know you can still compete being at a lesser frame rate and field of view but I think for MP games you want to be on an equal footing and while it doesn't bother PC gamers all that much, console gamers have a different attitude.

The XB1 can't push 60FPS so if you've got someone going at 60 or higher which is common on PC, I could see some complaining.

Again I know its possible, but I just don't see it happening.

Fatal-Feit
07-21-2015, 04:27 AM
I'm not saying its not doable because it is. I just don't see it happening, again I'm cynical, they've never really done cross platfrom MP where the platfroms share the same space, at least not on a grand scale (I think) Even though Microsoft aren't competing with PC as well PC is Microsoft like you said. I personally just don't see it happening. I'm not trying to be negative but its really unlikely.

I know you can still compete being at a lesser frame rate and field of view but I think for MP games you want to be on an equal footing and while it doesn't bother PC gamers all that much, console gamers have a different attitude.

The XB1 can't push 60FPS so if you've got someone going at 60 or higher which is common on PC, I could see some complaining.

Again I know its possible, but I just don't see it happening.

That's fine, I don't blame you for being cynical. That's the best way to not be disappointed. The chances are low, but the possibility is there. And after the recent announcements at E3, I don't think cross platform is as improbable as it would have been last year. I mean, again, Microsoft have been trying to bridge the gap between the X1 and PC. It would also be a great way to promote their console. Ya know, being able to play with friends on PC and vice versa. And the fact that there's split screen in the game makes me believe the developers will give it a consideration. The odds are still not in our favor, but hey, fingers crossed.

Dead1y-Derri
07-21-2015, 03:01 PM
That's fine, I don't blame you for being cynical. That's the best way to not be disappointed. The chances are low, but the possibility is there. And after the recent announcements at E3, I don't think cross platform is as improbable as it would have been last year. I mean, again, Microsoft have been trying to bridge the gap between the X1 and PC. It would also be a great way to promote their console. Ya know, being able to play with friends on PC and vice versa. And the fact that there's split screen in the game makes me believe the developers will give it a consideration. The odds are still not in our favor, but hey, fingers crossed.

Well if it does happen then it happens :) It'll be good for PC and XB1 players perhaps.

I'm on PS4 myself, so it wouldn't really effect me unless they did the entire thing as cross platform MP.

Havemercy87
07-21-2015, 07:47 PM
I've already sold my X1, they better not enable cross-platform now..

Anybody remember when they said the winners of the custom systems would be announced or notified?

Dead1y-Derri
07-21-2015, 08:55 PM
I've already sold my X1, they better not enable cross-platform now..

Anybody remember when they said the winners of the custom systems would be announced or notified?

LOL,

Reminds me of the time my mate sold his Wii U and a couple weeks later Bayonetta 2 was announced as a Wii U exclusive.

Havemercy87
07-21-2015, 09:40 PM
LMAO...

I'm planning to get a PS4, I still have my 360 and my Galaxy Tab. Truth be told the kids have the 360 lol..

murphdawg1
07-22-2015, 12:41 PM
Sony has in the past seemed to be more open towards cross play with other platforms(PC) Counter Strike GO was supposed to have cross play between PS3 and PC but, I think the idea got scrapped. Rocket League has cross play and so does War Thunder and also I think Final Fantasy XIV.

H3ret1c88
07-25-2015, 09:25 PM
LMAO...

I'm planning to get a PS4, I still have my 360 and my Galaxy Tab. Truth be told the kids have the 360 lol..

Sorry but with all my sense of humour, if you sold your XB1 to get PS4 for a slightly larger pool of playersin one game, then you probably deserve cross console play being established :p

Havemercy87
07-25-2015, 11:35 PM
Eh, all my gamer friends have a PS4 and I'd rather play with them than keep my X1 and not. Besides I hadn't gotten any games for it yet so wasn't a big deal except for being able to stream movies through it and I just went and bought a Chromecast to solve that. So it's whatever really

H3ret1c88
07-26-2015, 12:10 AM
I feel ya.. i wanted to get an XB1 too but my friends got a PS4 so i went along. xD

Havemercy87
07-26-2015, 03:27 AM
I never planned on doing alot of online gaming, just Elder Scrolls lol...

Then For Honor came...

Dead1y-Derri
07-26-2015, 07:41 PM
I feel ya.. i wanted to get an XB1 too but my friends got a PS4 so i went along. xD

Gaming is best with your friends.

Sixty-nl
07-27-2015, 11:03 AM
yeah i think FFXIV spoiled me, now i want crossplay on all my online games.

An0ther_Player
07-27-2015, 11:27 PM
Lobbies with filters, that should keep everyone happy. Whether you want cross platform or not. Thoughts?

Sixty-nl
07-28-2015, 06:51 PM
Filters are always welcome, but if i can play with more people by disabling them i will.

An0ther_Player
07-28-2015, 10:03 PM
Filters are always welcome, but if i can play with more people by disabling them i will.

Exactly, that's the point. Power to the people :)

sugiik
08-28-2016, 06:16 PM
if it's cross platform i'm in, if it's not half price on sale for me.. or quarter price...

and offcourse good anti cheat, and ban hammer for cheater like what blizz did, count me in ...

General_Valor
08-28-2016, 08:43 PM
I remember playing the Shadowrun game that allowed Xbox and PC players to play together. Couldn't really tell who was playing on what platform. Would really be nice if more games would go along with cross platform play just so people can play on their preferred device without splitting the player population.

VodkaSlam
08-31-2016, 03:03 AM
Cross-Platform play wont happen unless Sony gives the go on Cross-Platform Feature in games. So far only Xbox One and PC has it. But since its coming out for PS4 it probably wont have it....Unless of coarse Sony says Yes to this feature for all future games.

Wildkelju
08-31-2016, 05:31 PM
http://mspoweruser.com/sony-responds-xbox-cross-platform-gaming-proposal/ both sony and microsoft have allowed cross platform play(rocket league) between all 3 major systems(both xbox and ps4 plays with pc not with each other). Both got cross platform games between console and pc (fable legends for xbox, street fighter v for ps4) it is up to developer to bring that up.

Willaguy2010
09-02-2016, 02:48 AM
What's even more exciting is that The Witcher Gwent card game and Rocket League developers said that they already have figured out how to do cross-play between Xbox and PS4, and that all they need is the go-ahead from MS and Sony. This would be a really cool thing to announce at E3 next year or something!

PowerSenpai
09-03-2016, 09:18 AM
Man, i would love to see all of the For Honor community come under one giant umbrella and play together!

Nagao_Shiro
01-24-2017, 12:24 AM

I hope so too. I'm actually expecting it because the "War of the Factions" for the beta is cross-platform, so why wouldn't the actual multiplayer be cross-platform?

Candzma
01-25-2017, 03:54 AM
I hope so too. I'm actually expecting it because the "War of the Factions" for the beta is cross-platform, so why wouldn't the actual multiplayer be cross-platform?

The (marketing) War of factions campaign is cross platform because you can enter on whatever platform you want and they will probably take numbers from all platforms and throw them together for the results. Its a way of saying its "Cross-Platform" to make it sound nice.

I'm not trying to be negative, FFxiv is Cross-Platform so its possible it will be and calling the WotF CP as a nod to the game being CP that would be awesome!

I would love to see CP in all games nowadays, its good for business because there will always be a playerbase and it wont have to die out on say PS4 just because on that platform the players are gone. Plus its good for games because the game you bought will stay playable.

Win win imo. I would love to see this game Cross-Platform!