PDA

View Full Version : would it be possible to add these features?

JZG-Pedro
01-16-2004, 11:46 AM
- Different input IDs in the " INPUT " options

I, and many other players, have difficulty using different typed of rudder pedals, joysticks and throttle sets, I had a hard time getting to learn how understan and edit the .ini file to adjust my gear.

- Adjust muzzle flashes

Muzzle flashes on the guns are just too much, and almost all sources indicate they could not or could barely be seen during day time. Or add an option in Realism settings to switch between realistic and "holywoodish" muzzle flashes

- Mixture axis

Power and propeller can be set to axis in a joystick, but not mixture.

- Switch MGs and cannons on/off

Many people ( like me ) find the german light MG quite useless, it's only good for blinding the pilot. In early fw-190s, this feature would come handy.

These doesnt seem to be polemic issues, or maybe I dont know why they aren't in the game already.

best regards,

Major Pedro
www.jzg23.de (http://www.jzg23.de)

JZG-Pedro
01-16-2004, 11:46 AM
- Different input IDs in the " INPUT " options

I, and many other players, have difficulty using different typed of rudder pedals, joysticks and throttle sets, I had a hard time getting to learn how understan and edit the .ini file to adjust my gear.

- Adjust muzzle flashes

Muzzle flashes on the guns are just too much, and almost all sources indicate they could not or could barely be seen during day time. Or add an option in Realism settings to switch between realistic and "holywoodish" muzzle flashes

- Mixture axis

Power and propeller can be set to axis in a joystick, but not mixture.

- Switch MGs and cannons on/off

Many people ( like me ) find the german light MG quite useless, it's only good for blinding the pilot. In early fw-190s, this feature would come handy.

These doesnt seem to be polemic issues, or maybe I dont know why they aren't in the game already.

best regards,

Major Pedro
www.jzg23.de (http://www.jzg23.de)

VW-IceFire
01-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Yes pretty much all rifle calibre machine guns are useless against all but the most vulnerable of targets.

If 12 .303's from a Hurricane Mk IIb have extreme trouble doing serious structural damage than the 2 similarly sized mg's on the early Bf 109's and FW190's aren't going to do much else either.

The option to remove MG's would be interesting although it wouldn't really change the performance of the plane I would think...those aren't really heavy guns (compaired to 4 20mm's anyways).

- IceFire
http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/spit-sig.jpg

JG7_Rall
01-16-2004, 06:21 PM
How about making the damage on the MG's accurate? Some of the top German aces rarely used cannons to achieve aerial victories, and they, especially on the eastern front, would often get multiple kills in one sortie. This isn't or is EXTREMELY difficult to do with the current MG's due to their terrible leathality. Plus, 10 MG's on the Hurrican should do PLENTY of damage, after all, pilot reports from the BoB indicate that a very short burst from those guns did plenty of damage, and almost always, if shot well, resulted in a German plane down. Also, please don't tell me to adjust my tactics or learn to shoot better, because I am quite a good shot.

I don't mean to sound like a whinner, but c'mon. This is a serious handicap to all aircraft that don't have the wonderous russian MG's and should be corrected. The majority of your MG magazine shouldn't be spent on one plane, esp. when you're like me and get point blank before shooting. Yes, against bombers, they where quite useless, but against single engined figherts, their presence was felt.

Thanks for your time, no matter what is done with the MG's I will always love this game and that is what really counts, I suppose.

S!