PDA

View Full Version : The Voynich Manuscript and Precursor Box UPDATE

Hans684
07-07-2015, 04:52 PM
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150706015256/assassinscreed/images/thumb/c/c6/AC_Unity_Dead_Kings_Box_and_Manuscript.png/640px-AC_Unity_Dead_Kings_Box_and_Manuscript.png
This imagine is from Dead Kings when Arno takes the Saint-Denis Temple's Key from Napoleon's chest in the catacombs, to the left you see a book and a box. And Arno not knowing their importance only takes the key. Those are revealed to be the Voynich Manuscript and the Precursor Box.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Precursor_box#Modern_times

By 1794, both the Precursor box and manuscript had wound up in the possession of Napoleon Bonaparte, who kept them safe in a chest alongside the Saint-Denis Temple's key. When Arno Dorian opened the chest to retrieve the key, he left the other artifacts behind, not realizing their importance.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Voynich_manuscript

By 1794, both the manuscript and Precursor box had wound up in the possession of Napoleon Bonaparte, who kept them safe in a chest alongside the Saint-Denis Temple's key. When Arno Dorian opened the chest to retrieve the key, he left the other artifacts behind, not realizing their importance.

Thank the Wiki for this because I don't know how they got a confirmation on that but the question(s) remain, how did Napoleon get both? Where did he find them? When did he find them? Where did Shay go with them? Where did he keep/hide them? What happened to Shay? Why do Napoleon want them? So Napoleon gets his hands on that and an Apple Of Eden at some point(Egypt maybe?).

SirTookTookIII
07-07-2015, 06:27 PM
You'd think the assassins would have learned to tell their recruits about those pretty glowy things by then.

Namikaze_17
07-07-2015, 06:39 PM
It could be another box. If not, then the question of what happened to Shay edges closer.

Hans684
07-07-2015, 06:44 PM
You'd think the assassins would have learned to tell their recruits about those pretty glowy things by then.

The French Assassins has done so much mistakes it's a wonder their still alive

It could be another box. If not, then the question of what happened to Shay edges closer.

Died somewhere in Europe I guess, could look in to where Napoleon traveled before the revolution. It might give some awnseres

Namikaze_17
07-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Died somewhere in Europe I guess, could look in to where Napoleon traveled before the revolution. It might give some awnseres

True, also begs the question of what Shay was doing anyway? :rolleyes:

Hans684
07-07-2015, 07:24 PM
True, also begs the question of what Shay was doing anyway? :rolleyes:

Dying :rolleyes:

Other than that I have no idea what that could possibly be more important than the destruction of the Colonial Templars .

Sorrosyss
07-07-2015, 07:27 PM
Well Shay was in Paris... one assumes he never left.

#rip

Namikaze_17
07-07-2015, 07:28 PM
Dying :rolleyes:

Other than that I have no idea what that could possibly be more important than the destruction of the Colonial Templars .

Oh, you :rolleyes:

Yeah, unless he got sidetracked along the way.

Well Shay was in Paris... one assumes he never left.

#rip

Well Rogue's ending is misleading then...

He really seemed determined to return to America and stuff.

I guess not.

Hans684
07-07-2015, 07:39 PM

He made his own death :rolleyes:

Tracked by Assassins maybe or decided to purge another brotherhood to balance the scale

I guess not.

And it's strange too, the condition of the Colonial Templars should be a priority since he made them stronger.

Sorrosyss
07-07-2015, 07:41 PM
Thinking back to the OP question, I'm guessing;

Napoleon was using them to track the pieces of Eden, and ultimately he knew that there was that one down there. As you say though, this begs the question how he was put up to this. There is the whole Lady Eve thing... perhaps she was in league with him to find the apple. (and if that is a reincarnated eve at work, it adds another layer of questions).

Hans684
07-07-2015, 07:47 PM
Thinking back to the OP question, I'm guessing;

Napoleon was using them to track the pieces of Eden, and ultimately he knew that there was that one down there. As you say though, this begs the question how he was put up to this. There is the whole Lady Eve thing... perhaps she was in league with him to find the apple. (and if that is a reincarnated eve at work, it adds another layer of questions).

The manuscript is (a) map(s) so maybe it leads to more than Templar that create earthquakes. Napoleon must have got his hands of something the Assassins didn't to find both the Precursor Box and Voynich Manuscript since Shay had it and all that know of him is dead and when assassinating Charles he did it without leaving any trails.

Namikaze_17
07-07-2015, 08:26 PM
He made his own death :rolleyes:

Like the comic? :rolleyes:

Tracked by Assassins maybe or decided to purge another brotherhood to balance the scale

Yeah, I can see that.

And it's strange too, the condition of the Colonial Templars should be a priority since he made them stronger.

Maybe he thought Haytham would handle it.

Shay: "You sure you don't need me to come sir?"

Haytham: "No, no. I'll have this 'Connor' dead by the end of the week."

Shahkulu101
07-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Ac lore lol

Hans684
07-07-2015, 09:02 PM
Like the comic? :rolleyes:

But with more luck :rolleyes:

Yeah, I can see that.

He's a former Assassin so he's an expert at how they work, with "no witnesses" in his assassination of Charles I can see him purging another brotherhood instead of being tracked after a clean kill with no evidence.

Maybe he thought Haytham would handle it.

Shay: "You sure you don't need me to come sir?"

Haytham: "No, no. I'll have this 'Connor' dead by the end of the week."

That's possible

Ichrukia56
07-08-2015, 09:47 AM
What how did i/we miss this :(

Mr.Black24
07-10-2015, 09:27 PM

I guess not.
This makes me even more freakin curious to know what happened to them! More questions but no answers.

Does Ubisoft not want my money? Make the sequel fellas, as Shia says "JUST DO IT".

RA503
07-11-2015, 12:44 AM
The AC wiki is 100 % trustfull ? or this is only speculation ?

ze_topazio
07-11-2015, 01:38 AM
On his way to America Shay's ship hit an iceberg and sunk.

I-Like-Pie45
07-11-2015, 01:42 AM
shay was killed by nermal who was later killed by garfield after killing jennifer scott who later helped connor lose his virginity and reconcile with haytham before leading the american templars, assassins, and founding fathers in an assault on great britain that culminated in the separation of england from the landmass and the subsequent sinking of england and its entire population to a watery grave

Hans684
07-11-2015, 04:23 PM
The AC wiki is 100 % trustfull ? or this is only speculation ?

Even Ubisoft use the wiki, they said it themselves.

This makes me even more freakin curious to know what happened to them! More questions but no answers.

We know the homestead disappeared at some point and Napoleon has both the box and manuscript, looks like both Connor and Shay has a grim future.

Does Ubisoft not want my money? Make the sequel fellas, as Shia says "JUST DO IT".

They can still return to theirs stories, give it time.

SirTookTookIII
07-11-2015, 05:26 PM
I assume during the Napoleonic Wars the Templars got a hold of the box and manuscript, maybe Shay has become a grandmaster of one of the rites by then. Then the British Templars send it to India and a certian Arbaaz Mir needs to retrieve it.