PDA

View Full Version : What are the little things you didn't like about the Gameplay Demo?

Fatal-Feit
07-07-2015, 06:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp3NKQlJPuo

Besides the HUD, of course. :p

For me, I really don't like the highlights in the attacks. It makes the game feel so much more 'gamey'. Please include a toggle option for that.

MrJoker.
07-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Killing bots with such ease .

MisterWillow
07-08-2015, 03:01 AM
Besides the HUD, of course. :p

For me, I really don't like the highlights in the attacks. It makes the game feel so much more 'gamey'. Please include a toggle option for that.

That's really my only complaint, having not played it. I really hope there is a huge menu of toggles, to disable what individual elements you don't want.

Like, how many points your team has is important, and the feats available down at the bottom is good. I don't know if I'd keep the life bars visible, but those attack highlights, and the indicator of your weapon position on your back would be turned off immediately.

Havemercy87
07-08-2015, 03:53 AM
That's really my only complaint, having not played it. I really hope there is a huge menu of toggles, to disable what individual elements you don't want.

Like, how many points your team has is important, and the feats available down at the bottom is good. I don't know if I'd keep the life bars visible, but those attack highlights, and the indicator of your weapon position on your back would be turned off immediately.

I'm with Willow, although I'd keep life bars and I'm not a fan of the light beam on an adversary, the light ring is ok but the beam can go..

MisterWillow
07-08-2015, 04:20 AM
Just remembered.

I'm also on the fence about the 'glowing swords' thing. Maybe if I knew why it was there, I'd be supportive of it (maybe it's important), but if it's just an indicator of a kill-streak or something to tell other player "this guy's good, so be careful" then I might disable that too.

I'm with Willow, although I'd keep life bars and I'm not a fan of the light beam on an adversary, the light ring is ok but the beam can go..

You mean that ray that appears for a second you select an opponent? I'm pretty 'meh' on that. I don't think it's there long enough to be a distraction.

What would be nice for things like these, is if there was an opacity slider, so you could adjust how much you really want to see something. If they put in a hardcore mode without any UI at all, something like that would be good for players to gradually get accustomed to not relying on circles and arrows.

Keep a toggle to turn it off completely, or just have the slider go all the way to zero, of course, but I think that would be a good compromise.

Frane89
07-08-2015, 09:39 AM
I'm not sure what to think about the AOE feats, especially the flaming ball of death.
It looks like it's instant death on hit, but doesn't damage yourself. That's a big exploit.
As long as it's easy to see the area of effect long before it actually hits then I'm okay with it... and it should deal damage to yourself and allies on hit.

Havemercy87
07-08-2015, 10:21 AM
I'm not sure what to think about the AOE feats, especially the flaming ball of death.
It looks like it's instant death on hit, but doesn't damage yourself. That's a big exploit.
As long as it's easy to see the area of effect long before it actually hits then I'm okay with it... and it should deal damage to yourself and allies on hit.
I'm not against AoEs causing some damage to you or allies, they already hurt the minions, but maybe the players, as long as they get a buff against allied AoEs. Yes the catapult strikes have an area indicator before they hit, long enough for a player paying attention to run away.

Just remembered.

I'm also on the fence about the 'glowing swords' thing. Maybe if I knew why it was there, I'd be supportive of it (maybe it's important), but if it's just an indicator of a kill-streak or something to tell other player "this guy's good, so be careful" then I might disable that too.

You mean that ray that appears for a second you select an opponent? I'm pretty 'meh' on that. I don't think it's there long enough to be a distraction.

What would be nice for things like these, is if there was an opacity slider, so you could adjust how much you really want to see something. If they put in a hardcore mode without any UI at all, something like that would be good for players to gradually get accustomed to not relying on circles and arrows.

Keep a toggle to turn it off completely, or just have the slider go all the way to zero, of course, but I think that would be a good compromise.

I like the opacity idea. Dev's take note of that please. The beam of light, I've been seeing it called the heavenly light is thin beam over a player, you can see it here
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sp3NKQlJPuo
At 1:25 the first fight is the best example. It's not so much a distraction like the strike indicator, I just don't think it's needed.

Solid_Altair
07-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Precisely. Kill the heavenly light. There is no way to mistake whom you're targetting or who are the enemy heroes. They're taller for this purpose, I assume. I'm totally OK with the heroes being taller.

It's nice that we're only disliking HUD stuff and little effects. I suppose that's a good sign for the Devs.

One thing I'd like them to try is buffing the auto-parry, making it so it works as a good parry, instead of being guard-crushed. When a fighter parries an attack, he automatically parries any other attack that comes right after it (must be an attack from another enemy, as the original enemy wouldn't strike again so soon). It's a wonderful feature to give players a better chance when they're outnumbered. However, these parries seem to always result in guard crushes, which basically dooms the victim to being guard broken next.

If I understand the parry rules well, this seems to be a part of the system. When you don't parry from your stance, your parry sux. When you auto-parry, you're not parrying from your stance (you're in the previous parry animation), so your parry sux. Even so, I'd like the auto-parries to be an exepction, so that the flanker should really think twice about when and how to attack. And this could be the defining feature in giving the outnumbered player a real chance to stand his ground. Right now it seems impossible against some specific combinations of attacks and guard breaks by the enemies.

Havemercy87
07-08-2015, 01:24 PM
One thing I'd like them to try is buffing the auto-parry, making it so it works as a good parry, instead of being guard-crushed. When a fighter parries an attack, he automatically parries any other attack that comes right after it (must be an attack from another enemy, as the original enemy wouldn't strike again so soon). It's a wonderful feature to give players a better chance when they're outnumbered. However, these parries seem to always result in guard crushes, which basically dooms the victim to being guard broken next.

If I understand the parry rules well, this seems to be a part of the system. When you don't parry from your stance, your parry sux. When you auto-parry, you're not parrying from your stance (you're in the previous parry animation), so your parry sux. Even so, I'd like the auto-parries to be an exepction, so that the flanker should really think twice about when and how to attack. And this could be the defining feature in giving the outnumbered player a real chance to stand his ground. Right now it seems impossible against some specific combinations of attacks and guard breaks by the enemies.

Excellent idea, at least add as a feat to be used.

Solid_Altair
07-08-2015, 02:06 PM
Just to clarify: the auto-parry itself is already in (I strongly suspect, from watching the videos).

The change I'm suggesting is making them more effective.

guest-7lONTXP5
07-09-2015, 12:13 PM
One minor thing I don't like beside the UI (I bet they already heard that everyone is complaining about it anyways) is the spinning Execution from the Knight cutting of the head. I'm ok with the other spinning i saw because it at least looked fancy but this just looks stupid. A nice thing to add would also be to possibly fail an execution if you really mess it up somehow like the knife did in the trailer (maybe both players should die at the end). Maybe the spinning execution could be an animation for such a failed one :p

Another little thing I don't like much is the little damage of the minions and their hight. They seem a bit like dwarfs or childs like they are now and if they were higher it would also add a bit to the chaos of a battle (=atmosphere) while I don't think it would be too hard to differ them from real players and if you do nothing speaks against getting killed for this mistake. It seems very easy to not get hit by the Soldiers at all anyways so you should at least be a bit more punished if you run brainlessly into them.