PDA

View Full Version : The Ugliest Strap-On in the franchise history?

I-Like-Pie45
07-06-2015, 12:23 AM
so in the Assassins Creed games, our protagonists have had to carry some stuff on them - stuff that they cannot ever take off once they get it. And this can lead to some pretty bad aesthetics, like when the Assassin is running around half-naked with a million things strapped to them

personally i think ac4's blowpipe looked the ugliest and it didn't really look good on most of eduard's outfits. i wish that either it could be disabled or that the developers placed it on a different part of his body like his hip.

Namikaze_17
07-06-2015, 12:32 AM
Honestly going to go with the blowpipe - I like Edward, but there were times it didn't always fit his outfit(s) and I wanted to remove it.

All the others go really well with the protagonist and gave them a sense of identity and presence.

Oh, and I think you forgot Alta´r's Knife. :p

ze_topazio
07-06-2015, 12:33 AM
Probably a tie between the crossbow and the blowpipe.

Shahkulu101
07-06-2015, 12:35 AM
Blowpipe, clashed with Edward's appearance and personality. I think that's the only one that really looks bad to be honest, Connor's bow looks awesome on him, the air rifle fits Shay and the crossbow is alright looking.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-06-2015, 02:44 AM
Gotta agree with the blowpipe on this one.

Xstantin
07-06-2015, 06:28 AM
The crossbow and blowpipe.
Bow was cool

Hans684
07-06-2015, 08:33 AM
Blowpipe

The_Kiwi_
07-06-2015, 09:40 AM
The blowpipe was out of place so that
The crossbow looked cool, bar Revelations
The bow was epic, I don't like Connor without it
And Lord Shay's gun fit his outfit perfectly, and it's a part of him, like Connor and his bow

phoenix-force411
07-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Blowpipe was ugly. Did not match Edward's outfit. It was subtle on Aveline's outfit though. Crossbow never bothered me, because I would remove it with my store glitch that I discovered in ACB back in 2010.

phoenix-force411
07-06-2015, 10:45 AM
You can remove Connor's bow, but it's a permanent removal. Best to do it with Animus Hacks on.

BananaBlighter
07-06-2015, 08:05 PM
I think I'm that one guy who really didn't mind the blowpipe. In fact I found the crossbow far more out of place, it looked too bulky. That's probably the same reason why I'd put shay's gun in second place, though I didn't choose it in the poll.

SixKeys
07-06-2015, 09:47 PM
I can't believe how many are choosing the blowpipe over the crossbow. The blowpipe at least was slim. The crossbow was bulky as hell and ruined every outfit. I never buy it when I replay ACB/ACR.

LoyalACFan
07-06-2015, 11:53 PM
I can't believe how many are choosing the blowpipe over the crossbow. The blowpipe at least was slim. The crossbow was bulky as hell and ruined every outfit. I never buy it when I replay ACB/ACR.

Same. Not only did the crossbow look like crap, it broke the game with its universal silent one-shot kills. I actually thought the blowpipe looked pretty good, at least with his Assassin clothes. While wearing a more pirate-y outfit like Captain Morgan's coat or something it looks kind of goofy, but I didn't mind it all that much.

The ugliest one IMO was Adewale's blunderbuss, but I guess I'll be voting Crossbow.

The_Kiwi_
07-07-2015, 12:58 AM
The reason I didn't choose the crossbow is because it was bulky
I looked at it and saw a crossbow attached to his back, which was fine
But with the blowpipe, since it was so small, it looked like a rogue hair that kept poking up no matter what you did
And the fact that you can finish the game(s) without buying the crossbow edges it in favour, meaning the blowpipe is still the worst

Assassin_M
07-07-2015, 12:59 AM
I see what you did there

I-Like-Pie45
07-07-2015, 02:15 AM
I see what you did there

if a two-ton mohawk kills the both of us to die by haytham kenways side is not such a heavenly way to die

HDinHB
07-07-2015, 03:38 AM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/u0HpI6Y2UWM/maxresdefault.jpg

Altair1789
07-07-2015, 03:47 AM
Definitely Shay's gun. It was ugly, backwards, and the sheathing animation was lazy. My favorite was Alta´r's dagger

LoyalACFan
07-07-2015, 04:20 AM
Definitely Shay's gun. It was ugly, backwards, and the sheathing animation was lazy. My favorite was Alta´r's dagger

Yeah, it definitely was. As far as being backwards though, that's actually how soldiers sometimes carry their rifles (i.e. barrel-up, not necessarily strapped on the back).

D.I.D.
07-07-2015, 10:42 AM
Jacob's power glove, for me. I was really hoping for a Victorian era game to slim down the hidden blade and other gadgets dramatically so that the assassin could wear more form-fitting clothes and look like a real person.

I realise the bulk of Jacob's metal paw has to be that way to justify the grapping hook in some way, so it's not the end of the world. I like the gadget. I just don't like the look it's forced on him, but then again I doubt the design was ever going to **** away from the Ezio silhouette no matter what happened.

[edit] Hmm, what did I say that set off the filter? Can't remember now. Maybe I said "shift" and created an unfortunate typo?

GunnerGalactico
07-07-2015, 06:47 PM
I'm going with the crossbow and rifle. The blowpipe at least looked neat and tidy when strapped on Edward's back. The way the crossbow was strapped on Ezio just looked lazy and placed there... just because and I agree with Altair about Shay's rifle.

EmbodyingSeven5
07-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Honestly going to go with the blowpipe - I like Edward, but there were times it didn't always fit his outfit(s) and I wanted to remove it.

All the others go really well with the protagonist and gave them a sense of identity and presence.

Oh, and I think you forgot Alta´r's Knife. :p
I thought the Knife looked natural and complimented the robe,
I do wish the game gave you the ability to equip and un-equip these weapons

Fatal-Feit
07-07-2015, 08:44 PM
I guess I'm in the minority who did not mind Edward's blowpipe at all. The animations were great, and it was minimal so it didn't affect the look, IMO.

Went for the crossbow because it was bulky and the animations were really bad and clunky (aside from the counters). The air rifle was pretty much just as bad, but I felt it looked more appropriate on Shay than the crossbow did on Ezio. Then there's the Guillotine Gun. My only gripe was the sheathing animation while running. It sheathed just like the crossbow, which was terrible and lazy.