PDA

View Full Version : So Skallagrim did a video about the trailer...

naphack
07-05-2015, 07:49 PM
...Just thought, I'd share it with you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eToVS3ST4WU
I really hope, the shield play we saw in the trailer won't make it to the actual game. The rest, I am actually mostly fine with.

MrJoker.
07-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Very nice video.

Fatal-Feit
07-07-2015, 06:37 AM
this is a dream come true, but i think it would have been better if he focused his criticisms on the gameplay than the CGI trailer

Dead1y-Derri
07-07-2015, 06:58 PM
I don't understand why people are hating against a shield because I don't think the shield would be an 'end all defence' because a strong attack could knock you of balance or knock your guard off balance. Furthermore because you're using an arm for the shield and a sword for stabbing maybe that sword would do less damage because the character can block more.

Anyway as for his video, I think it was good.

MajorCynik
07-08-2015, 01:33 PM
I don't understand why people are hating against a shield because I don't think the shield would be an 'end all defence' because a strong attack could knock you of balance or knock your guard off balance. Furthermore because you're using an arm for the shield and a sword for stabbing maybe that sword would do less damage because the character can block more.
I'd agree with that. The shield has pro's and cons so it's up to the individual gamer if that's gonna be the way you want to play.

Video was interesting. All this 'realism' versus 'historical accuracy' and such is fine... to a point. We need to remember this is a video game and so to make it work certain things need to be forgiven for the sake of balance. Some of that criticsim was not really fair though because, like Fatal-Felt says:

i think it would have been better if he focused his criticisms on the gameplay than the CGI trailer

Dienekes12
07-09-2015, 02:25 AM

Anyway as for his video, I think it was good.

I think the argument about the shield is less about the shields usefulness and more about how the character with the shield moves. In a game that seems to be largely focused on getting the movement and visuals of armed combat mostly right, the way the guys in the cinematic trailer hold their shields is rather blatantly wrong, like you see in a lot of video games and movies, where to attack the character completely opens themselves up to be hit by the enemy. Even if the shield doesn't offer perfect defense for the character (which we don't want it to, Hell, when plate armor became popular shields were starting to go out of fashion because plate did the job of a shield well enough for most cases) it'd be nice to see this game get the animation right, because it would be that much cooler.