PDA

View Full Version : E-SPORTS / Tournaments!

crazzclub
07-04-2015, 12:57 AM
Hey I was wondering if For Honor will be participating in the E-Sports Scene or host some sort of tournament of their own. I think it would be a very interesting idea to have the worlds best players duke it out in a versus style battle in front of a huge audience in person and online. This will also be another great first for the team behind For Honor because I don't recall Ubisoft having any type of professional tournaments. It would also be fun for the other fans of the game to root for their favorite players or train them selves to become one of the pros. In the end I think that For Honor looks like a game that can bring even more to the table other then it's gameplay. ;)

P.S: SAMURAI'S RULE!:cool:

Kamzgdx
07-04-2015, 06:09 AM
Watching this game during E3 gave me an absolute chubby.

Please take this game to the way of the eSports.

This is the type of combat system eSports needs.

Team based 3rd person action melee. I've been waiting for the longest time to see such a game. I was hoping assassin's creed was going to journey into this realm some how.
anyways.

You got this action moba thing going. Don't do death match, make it objective based, Aim for 10-15 min matches.
Classes? Allow more than just combat as a means of winning games.

Give the players the proper tools to set it up themselves to help generate an eSports scene.

Host modes where the player hosting the game only has spectator mode, and other players can join their game to play their 4v4, or 5v5. This would also better eliminate host advantage.
Replays. Have in-game guilds/clans and rank.

And if worth while, have Ubisoft hosted events!

SerWarhammer
07-04-2015, 01:26 PM
Hey I was wondering if For Honor will be participating in the E-Sports Scene or host some sort of tournament of their own. I think it would be a very interesting idea to have the worlds best players duke it out in a versus style battle in front of a huge audience in person and online. This will also be another great first for the team behind For Honor because I don't recall Ubisoft having any type of professional tournaments. It would also be fun for the other fans of the game to root for their favorite players or train them selves to become one of the pros. In the end I think that For Honor looks like a game that can bring even more to the table other then it's gameplay. ;)

\m/_ i like it.

MisterWillow
07-05-2015, 07:19 AM
If it's any indication, I've watched the same two or three gameplay videos released at least ten times each. Even if I turn out to not be skilled enough to participate, watching this game in a tournament setting would be enthralling.

Warphorntek
07-06-2015, 06:37 AM
I am in love with this game yet so i am in for Esport

Havemercy87
07-06-2015, 11:46 AM

Yes yes yes! Hell yes! This would be an amazing way to showcase the game and provide players with entertainment and rewards.

Please take this game to the way of the eSports.

This is the type of combat system eSports needs.

Team based 3rd person action melee. I've been waiting for the longest time to see such a game. I was hoping assassin's creed was going to journey into this realm some how.
anyways.

You got this action moba thing going. Don't do death match, make it objective based, Aim for 10-15 min matches.

Give the players the proper tools to set it up themselves to help generate an eSports scene.

Host modes where the player hosting the game only has spectator mode, and other players can join their game to play their 4v4, or 5v5. This would also better eliminate host advantage.
Replays. Have in-game guilds/clans and rank.

And if worth while, have Ubisoft hosted events!
Totally agree with you, no deathmatchs. It just wouldn't be worth watching honestly.

I think if they went big with it, they should have 1v1 duels bracket to decide the players that will compete in the big tourneys. Or, a player must have a number of 1v1 wins under their belt to play. I suggest 1v1 cuz a player can suck and have wins thanks to their team players. Any other ideas?

TrikRisk
07-06-2015, 01:52 PM
i love this idea too!

Kamzgdx
07-08-2015, 03:52 PM
Yes yes yes! Hell yes! This would be an amazing way to showcase the game and provide players with entertainment and rewards.

Totally agree with you, no deathmatchs. It just wouldn't be worth watching honestly.

I think if they went big with it, they should have 1v1 duels bracket to decide the players that will compete in the big tourneys. Or, a player must have a number of 1v1 wins under their belt to play. I suggest 1v1 cuz a player can suck and have wins thanks to their team players. Any other ideas?

Dueling modes should exist as an option still. IF this game does get eSport big, I'm sure the fans would LOVE to see 1v1 against the best duelers.
BUt it should just be left at that, at best have it's own sub tournaments, perhaps pre-game show or something before the main event.

IMO, I feel going the route of objective based, non death match modes as the main competition event opens the game up to all sorts of players, including those who might suck at the Art of Battle. This is why MOBAs are successful. You don't need to be the best fighter. You can also be the best strategist, or the best support, or the best scout, and it would be up to team work to ultimately win your games.

They definitely need to consider classes or other methods for players to win games without being the best duelist. They'd also need to consider something like 1 map that can be constantly played on for main events.

Pro athletes only play on one court/arena/rink. You have positions/roles in team sports.

League of legends and Dota only have one main map. This creates consistency and allows for players to focus more on the core game play rather than random extras/gimmicks.

I also have one additional bonus Ubisoft, if you take this. please remember it came from here random guy on your forum and hopefully one day, Game Designer eXtraordinaire (GDX)

Create a phone app that showcases your art of battle. let players practice on their phones. We all know the assassin's creed companion app sucked, this would be 100x better.

If possible..... cooperate with movie theaters and have a pre-show duels for the audience to see. Select 2 players (or have team battles with those available) who've queued up and are willing to participate, and they can duel right there in the theaters for everyone to watch during the TIMEPLAY event. And then the winner can get some crap like 100 scene points or whatever the movie theater offers. Ubisoft and Cineplex... what a combo!

This is a great way to get exposure to your game, to get non FH gamers to get into the game, and to also promote this as an eSport. like. after each duel, you announce the dates and teams playing at so and so. BOOOM

TheLight-Boogey
07-13-2015, 04:26 PM
The only thing this game needs to cultivate a competitive scene is the ability to host Private Matches that have customization features (i.e Time Limit, Score, Spectator mode etc.) The community will do the rest.

4v4 clan matches would be awesome!

sV DirtyMoose
07-16-2015, 12:10 AM
Yea For Honor has the foundation for an exciting eSport. From analyzing the gameplay clips we have, it looks like it could very well be the next "Smite". It looks like it will take a good amount of strategy, skill and team work to win games and that's what makes most eSports games fun to watch. Boogey is right, it will need private matches (which I'm sure it will have) and customization options...especially spectator mode!

CptSkyBear
07-21-2015, 03:30 PM

I agree, this would be a lot of fun! :)

Dead1y-Derri
07-23-2015, 01:31 AM

I think it could go into E-Sports but what we've got to remember here is that the game while looks cool and popular could still die off at launch. I mean Titanfall died soon after launch and that was MEGA hyped. I don't think the same would ever happen to For Honor but you never know.

Havemercy87
07-23-2015, 01:47 AM
I think it could go into E-Sports but what we've got to remember here is that the game while looks cool and popular could still die off at launch. I mean Titanfall died soon after launch and that was MEGA hyped. I don't think the same would ever happen to For Honor but you never know.

Dude! Shut your fingers up lol... This is For Honor, they haven't seen hyped yet. Just wait till they start the alpha, then the beta.. Oh yeah and then the Ads and commercial previews! WOW!

I was just joking derri, I understand where your coming from.

UbiSeraphim
07-23-2015, 03:21 AM
I believe one of the com-dev said that they don't get to determine whether it becomes an E-sport. You, the fans, get to determine whether it becomes an E-sport. I know I really hope it becomes one, playing as a samurai on an e-sports stage would be pretty spectacular.

It took way too long to find this other Esports thread on the forums (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1176027-Does-anyone-see-For-Honor-as-a-potential-e-sport). But yes, the dev team seems to be hoping for it, too. :cool:

Kamzgdx
07-27-2015, 08:09 PM
I believe one of the com-dev said that they don't get to determine whether it becomes an E-sport. You, the fans, get to determine whether it becomes an E-sport. I know I really hope it becomes one, playing as a samurai on an e-sports stage would be pretty spectacular.

It took way too long to find this other Esports thread on the forums (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1176027-Does-anyone-see-For-Honor-as-a-potential-e-sport). But yes, the dev team seems to be hoping for it, too. :cool:

I absolutely agree. The fan will start this up first.
However, it helps greatly if Ubisoft provides some of the basic tools, like replays, spectator modes and stuff like that.

AND.. if the fans really do get this going, I hope ubisoft backs it up.

Would be so great to see.

THIS is the type of combat system that I think will evolve competitive game design.

Dead1y-Derri
07-27-2015, 08:28 PM
Dude! Shut your fingers up lol... This is For Honor, they haven't seen hyped yet. Just wait till they start the alpha, then the beta.. Oh yeah and then the Ads and commercial previews! WOW!

I was just joking derri, I understand where your coming from.

LOL,
Yeah I get what you mean, I'm British so I'm cynical about everything :P

I'm sure For Honor will be amazing and could even become an an E-Sport if it can become big enough.

Thodoras10
07-29-2015, 02:01 PM
Since it has a huge competitive gameplay in my oppinion for honor can be a good add in E-Sports and i hope to see it there :D

NextDestination
07-30-2015, 08:12 PM
E-Spots sound good to me!

1v1 dueling mode would be cool, but not for esports, 1v1 would be good to practice your skills, but the game probably is designed for team play. Not 1v1.

LIke in league of legends you can be very good, but if teamplay fails you probably wont win the game.

xSigmaXx
09-05-2015, 01:27 PM
What´s also definitely needed is the possibility to have private matches.

ToVirtuE
06-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Bumping this one :o

I really hope FOR HONOR is going to find its way to esports. I think the fights and especially the duels are amazing to watch!
Players and even only fans of sword fights may follow these matches.

Due to three factions only and no possibility to have advantages/disadvantages against other players, this title could really be a success in esports, I think.
I am definitely going to stream this in the future as well. :D

StandardAce
06-06-2016, 01:56 AM
I hope it does have its own E-Sports. From all the footage so far - the gameplay and mechanics are definitely fitting for a E-Sport. I also recall the devs saying that you can pick up the game and have a good understanding and play decently - but you can hone your skills even more to become extremely good. So there's basically a decent learning curve- but high skill ceiling which essentially makes for a great competitive experience.

Fatal-Feit
06-06-2016, 08:42 PM
In interviews, they said there WILL be tournaments, and if Ubisoft can get R6S into Pro League, then I'm confident For Honor can get eSports if there's enough support by both fans and developers. Maybe we could start a petition after the E3 event. That's when more people will become excited.

TrikRisk
06-07-2016, 12:40 PM

I was hoping assassin's creed was going to journey into this realm some how.
anyways.

the 1st thing. im glad Assassin's Creed didn't and plus, you have For Honor at least pointed at the realm you are talking about! Which is much better than Assassin's Creed. It will be.

And the 2nd thing is that na Esports-ish match should be a nice long one with like 40 minutes of match. If you aim for a 15 min match it wont be na Esport game, never. Do you want to watch a break/intermission of a game which are 15 minutes or a game? A game off course!

------------------------------------------

Well its settled then! Na Esports it will become because we are all hoping for it. It is Esports material and it has Esports fanatics behind the Hype train. It shall become na Esports game.

--------------------------------------------

Deathmatches

Off Course these will not be Esports --' if there even are matches of this type, which is most likely to have anyway, it will be only for fun and no esports. I had to be Captain Obvious here

TrikRisk
06-07-2016, 01:33 PM
In interviews, they said there WILL be tournaments, and if Ubisoft can get R6S into Pro League, then I'm confident For Honor can get eSports if there's enough support by both fans and developers. Maybe we could start a petition after the E3 event. That's when more people will become excited.

Tournaments? Nice. Petitions? YES! How do we start it?

Fatal-Feit
06-07-2016, 10:30 PM
Tournaments? Nice. Petitions? YES! How do we start it?

Change.org, I think? lol

I plan to start one after or during the E3 event in case they speak about aiming for eSports at the event and petitions are usually best started when everyone is enthusiastic.

ToVirtuE
06-08-2016, 10:35 AM
Change.org, I think? lol

I plan to start one after or during the E3 event in case they speak about aiming for eSports at the event and petitions are usually best started when everyone is enthusiastic.

Sounds great! You have my support and I am going to spread this everywhere possible when the time has come! ;)
(subscribed to this topic for the future):o

TrikRisk
06-09-2016, 12:27 AM
Change.org, I think? lol

Totally. I'm totally up for this. When/If you do this post a thread in the forum so we all go there.

crazzclub
06-13-2016, 11:11 PM

Dude your a genius, I didn't think of using a petition. Let's get this E-Sport started!! :cool:

Fatal-Feit
06-14-2016, 06:13 AM
HERE IT IS, GUYS! (https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-for-honor-to-join-esports?recruiter=556646399&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_twitter_responsive)

MrJoker.
06-14-2016, 09:48 AM
I think this game has a huge potential for e - sports . People like martial arts and it will be even better because it comes to swords and axes ! It all depends on how the game will be appropriately promoted .

SpFantastick
06-15-2016, 07:02 AM
For this game to get tournaments or go Esports, it would be up to the community. We have to push our game and show the devs we have a scene. I want this game in the tournamnet scene badly, but once again its up to us to grow our community and also host tournaments...