PDA

View Full Version : Question/Discussion | Aerial Kills/Attacks ?

relosaoZ
06-29-2015, 10:35 AM
Will there be any of this kind of kills/attacks
I know I hope to see some of it
it can be a 1 hit kill or a normal one... , it can be dodge/block-able or not...
but just the act of it , it'll probably be super cool , and it'll add to the immersion
ofc there is a limit to the height it can be preformed from

Anyway I'd really love to see that feature ingame
what do you guys think?

MrJoker.
06-29-2015, 11:07 AM
There will be plenty of types of finishers and fighting styles . The fight will be like the creators themselves say quite demanding, not enough to hold the key to be blocked . It's on which side you hold the sword will be very important. You can see more there: http://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-200069-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
You will be able to feel the brutal battle in the best way .

Doctrinaire
06-29-2015, 02:57 PM
Joker, I think you may have misunderstood the OP's question.

they weren't asking about finishing movies, they were talking about aerial attacks.

OP, you may have noticed that one of the feats you can acquire in the game is archer strikes. I'm uncertain if they can be blocked...probably only by those with heavy armor or shields.

there are also catapults and I would guess that on the off-chance one hits you, you would be dead. no way to block stones or boulders that big

would be interesting if they added boiling oil...kind of an aerial attack, eh? ;)

MrJoker.
06-29-2015, 03:05 PM
That's right , no I did not understand the question. Attack of boiling oil would be excellent way to defend fortresses . Who knows, maybe the creator of this idea and bring such modes / options.

relosaoZ
06-29-2015, 03:43 PM
I was thinking about something more like , standing above the opponent , and jumping on them with an attack move with your weapon,
less about aerial skills that will allow you to trigger arrow storms or boiling oil

basically landing a blow from a high surface by jumping from it , down on the opponent , with your character and all...

MisterWillow
06-29-2015, 05:15 PM
I think it was the Gamespot interview where Jason said that if you're above an opponent (on a bridge or what have you), you can drop on them and kill them instantly.

In the gameplay demo, when the player is standing on a ledge (the parts where they survey the battlefield), if you notice, there's a prompt that says 'Drop', so I'm guessing it's tied into that. I imagine it won't happen that often, as it will take considerable timing and/or luck, but then again, I thought the same thing about your ability in Uncharted to grab people off ledges, and that happens quite often.

Fatal-Feit
07-01-2015, 02:04 AM
I think it was the Gamespot interview where Jason said that if you're above an opponent (on a bridge or what have you), you can drop on them and kill them instantly.

That would be awesome!

In the gameplay demo, when the player is standing on a ledge (the parts where they survey the battlefield), if you notice, there's a prompt that says 'Drop', so I'm guessing it's tied into that. I imagine it won't happen that often, as it will take considerable timing and/or luck, but then again, I thought the same thing about your ability in Uncharted to grab people off ledges, and that happens quite often.

I think that's meant for a quicker alternative way to get down instead of using a ladder. But if that's how it works, I'm not a fan of it being contextual.

MisterWillow
07-01-2015, 02:17 AM
I think that's meant for a quicker alternative way to get down instead of using a ladder. But if that's how it works, I'm not a fan of it being contextual.

It is, but if an enemy happens to be underneath you, you drop on them for a kill. That's how I took the interview anyway.

Fatal-Feit
07-01-2015, 03:03 AM
It is, but if an enemy happens to be underneath you, you drop on them for a kill. That's how I took the interview anyway.

Hmmm... I'll tweet the CD and maybe he'll answer if we're lucky. :p

LonesomeStrider
07-01-2015, 01:01 PM
The Master Class mentions this explicitly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlU_6bgA0po

It's near the end of the video.

The female Designer tells about her most memorable experience in battle, which was a coordinated aerial attack on one victim. One fighter was just blocking and parrying, all the while luring the opponent close to a bridge. The second fighter jumped in from above and dispatched the opponent.

Sounds pretty neat for a confirmed feature!

Fatal-Feit
07-04-2015, 05:13 PM
*snip*

Okay, so Jason VandenBerghe was awesome and took the time to answer my question!

''@Neigh_Bird currently, you attack in the air, while falling, while locked.''

MisterWillow
07-05-2015, 06:57 AM
Okay, so Jason VandenBerghe was awesome and took the time to answer my question!

''@Neigh_Bird currently, you attack in the air, while falling, while locked.''

Oh. Didn't hear the part about having to attack, and being locked. Sounds good, though.

Fatal-Feit
07-07-2015, 06:41 AM
Oh. Didn't hear the part about having to attack, and being locked. Sounds good, though.

indeed. i'm already contempt with just the idea of having an ariel attack. :p

Havemercy87
07-10-2015, 03:57 PM
Wow, can't believe I overlooked this thread. Awesome!