PDA

View Full Version : How does/How will matchmaking work?

TaizerBeam
06-29-2015, 03:14 AM
For those who got to play the game, how does matchmaking work? And for those speculating, how do you think it will work with 3 factions?
Will you choose a game mode and the faction you want to play then it finds a opening for you?
Or will it throw you in your desired game mode choosing a faction randomly then you get to choose a hero from that fraction?
If the latter that would make you more or less try all heroes and factions and customize multiple characters.

Also do you think there will be exact copies of heroes in terms of play style for each faction (i.e a oni type to a degree)? Or each hero is completely unique? I can't remember if they elaborated on this in a interview.

CG_HouseVincent
06-29-2015, 04:04 AM
What has been released certainly isn't final and it probably won't be final until the games release. Things like these have a tendency to change dramatically over the course of development. I have a feeling we will get a structured announcement about matching making and its details in the coming months.

MrJoker.
06-29-2015, 08:45 AM
They talk a little bit about it in 43:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlU_6bgA0po

Fatal-Feit
07-01-2015, 01:58 AM
Factions can fight against the same faction so I don't believe the game will choose one for you.

Each faction plays very differently, but heroes will feel similar.

Solid_Altair
07-01-2015, 05:26 AM
Each faction plays very differently, but heroes will feel similar.
That sounded weird to me. The different heroes will have different weapons, I assume. How will a shield bearer feel similar to a 2-hander? So... to me this sounds like a clue about the feats. Maybe they will be the same for all heroes withing the same faction, but different amongst different factions.

There is a very detailed thread about matchmaking in the suggestions section, I think. Dude had some pretty good knowledge and suggestions.

Fatal-Feit
07-01-2015, 03:30 PM
That sounded weird to me. The different heroes will have different weapons, I assume. How will a shield bearer feel similar to a 2-hander? So... to me this sounds like a clue about the feats. Maybe they will be the same for all heroes withing the same faction, but different amongst different factions.

There is a very detailed thread about matchmaking in the suggestions section, I think. Dude had some pretty good knowledge and suggestions.

Feats and combat style. Chosens, for example, are faster, more agile, and rely more on attacking because their defenses are weaker. Different weapons doesn't really change that, although they may impact other things.

iTz_ayePatch
07-02-2015, 12:15 AM
They talk a little bit about it in 43:17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlU_6bgA0poDid you seriously watch the whole video?

Also I hope they don't screw up matchmaking, but I think this game is in the right hands.

Warphorntek
07-02-2015, 08:59 AM
Did you seriously watch the whole video?

Also I hope they don't screw up matchmaking, but I think this game is in the right hands.

It better be. I rly wana this title to be as legendary as its possible