PDA

View Full Version : Community Members Immortalized in The Division Memoir

DigitalHitmann
06-29-2015, 12:40 AM
Not sure how we all missed this, but it was part of the live stream. I was sitting front row and still missed it.

All the feels. :')

<3 Ubisoft.

Close Up
https://twitter.com/TheDivisionBlog/status/615289586680504320

Full View
https://twitter.com/TheDivisionBlog/status/615293092191727616

Some notables:

MarkieLive from DivisionWorld.
Boomslangg
Jokerunique
Caleb from Smart Watch Podcast.
Lowmex Cosplay
DavidB Cosplay
Arrekz
Cortexian0 from multiple Clancy titles.
Myself from DivisionBlog.

Wolfmeister1010
06-29-2015, 06:23 AM
dammit

You with your inner circle!

Pshh..I don't even care.

*cries*

Cortexian
06-29-2015, 06:56 AM
I'm so honored... =')

mikichiix
06-29-2015, 08:28 AM
Lmao, that's awesome :D

Aexiro
06-29-2015, 11:40 AM
@coretexian woooo clan leader xD hahahahahaaa

JokerUnique
06-29-2015, 12:08 PM
Yep this is definitely something special. Thank you. :cool:

mikichiix
06-29-2015, 06:38 PM
So envy :rolleyes:

H0EY
06-29-2015, 06:43 PM
You guys are immortalized forever.
Till the servers are shut down;)

mikichiix
06-29-2015, 06:53 PM
Boned. http://i.imgur.com/d6FTBdN.png

Daos_Strange
06-29-2015, 06:55 PM
That's pretty cool guys. Congrats. It's nice that UBI honored those from the community that are passionate about this game and who kept the flag waving in the face of all the negativity and downgrade talk that surrounds this forum.

xMiiSTY
06-29-2015, 09:55 PM
#CommunityLove

Patriot Actual
06-30-2015, 01:24 AM
That's so awesome. That being said, I'm coming for all you rogue agents !

Patriot Actual

DigitalHitmann
06-30-2015, 02:05 AM
#CommunityLove

<3

You did an awesome job with Zack hosting the Twitch events and the press event. Which studio are you based out of? Are you up in Toronto too? I got to visit Zack an the studio couple years ago up at UbiTO. Had a blast. He's such a funny guy.

Cortexian
06-30-2015, 02:41 AM
She's North Carolina IIRC. Works with UbiChem and those hooligans...

DigitalHitmann
06-30-2015, 02:55 AM
UbiRedstorm is in NC. I think I see a connection here. ;o

Cortexian
06-30-2015, 03:56 AM
She's at a different studio IIRC, but they're fairly close to each other! :)

xMiiSTY
06-30-2015, 04:35 PM
<3

You did an awesome job with Zack hosting the Twitch events and the press event. Which studio are you based out of? Are you up in Toronto too? I got to visit Zack an the studio couple years ago up at UbiTO. Had a blast. He's such a funny guy.

Thanks! Haha, it was a crazy experience because I had never really done anything like that before. But it was really awesome.

She's at a different studio IIRC, but they're fairly close to each other! :)

Yup! Two Ubisoft studios in North Carolina. We're about 5 minutes away from Red Storm. :) Hoping I can go visit them sometime soon.

DigitalHitmann
07-01-2015, 02:11 AM
Yup! Two Ubisoft studios in North Carolina. We're about 5 minutes away from Red Storm. :) Hoping I can go visit them sometime soon.

Always been a huge fan of Redstorm due to their authenticity for the Clancy universe. I was going to see if I could do a pay-my-own-way tour of the Studio before the game launched so I could do something cool for the site that not alot of people may be familiar with. An maybe interview the weapons team or audio group. I have all these ideas in the back of my mind of things I want to do to expand our communities. Just need to get green lights.

mikichiix
07-01-2015, 02:14 AM
Sounds great and like a good plan ;D
Hope you get there once and can share your experience with us!
Especially when The Division becomes a success ;)

eyanvenom
07-13-2015, 07:46 AM
That's amazing! Congrats and THANK YOU for your hard work informing us gamers *thumbs up*

DigitalHitmann
07-13-2015, 11:54 PM
I try my best to keep the website updated, I work 60-80 hours a week at my day-to-day job so any extra time I have goes towards the site and promoting Ubisoft. I hardly get time to actually pick up a controller and play anymore but hey, I love what I do for them, and that's all that matters to me. :)

HitMan00
07-14-2015, 08:56 PM
Dam D.H. you work 60-80 a week. what do you do D.H to work those hours. those are my hours during tax season

DigitalHitmann
07-14-2015, 10:50 PM
I do billing and cross company billing for three companies, im also their IT manager. Up to my *** in paper work on any given day.

mikichiix
07-16-2015, 06:43 PM
I do billing and cross company billing for three companies, im also their IT manager. Up to my *** in paper work on any given day.

Respect on you, doing this amount of work ;)

xMiiSTY
07-16-2015, 09:27 PM
I try my best to keep the website updated, I work 60-80 hours a week at my day-to-day job so any extra time I have goes towards the site and promoting Ubisoft. I hardly get time to actually pick up a controller and play anymore but hey, I love what I do for them, and that's all that matters to me. :)

So much love to you, DigitalHitmann.

DigitalHitmann
07-16-2015, 11:14 PM
So much love to you, DigitalHitmann.

Three years ago Antoine gave me a Ubisoft lanyard at E3. I have it on my keys and carry it with me every day. I may not work directly for the company, but im always with them in spirit. Some day I hope to be a CommDev too on the Clancy brand... Just have to try my best. :)

JokerUnique
07-16-2015, 11:34 PM
All we can do is keep up the good work and do our part for the community :-)

Natchai_Ubisoft
07-17-2015, 10:57 AM
words escape me
http://thesource.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/youtherealmvp.jpg

T-_King_-67
07-17-2015, 01:56 PM
This shows that they actually read their community threads. I applaud Massive for doing this for the fans, and I congratulate the fans who were honored into this memorial. This is too awesome (:

DigitalHitmann
07-17-2015, 11:15 PM
I have nothing but love for Ubisoft and their teams. Theyve done more for me to develop my skills as a player, writer and designer than I can ever repay them for. :)

Keelan562
07-18-2015, 07:14 AM
So relative to this a thought crossed my mind not too long ago (I mentioned it in a post over at division-agents.com also).

In hopes that this awesome nod to the fan community stays in the finished game, I thought it would be interesting if there were more like this. It would make for an interesting scavenger hunt to find them all hidden throughout, and could unlock an appropriately titled " #CommunityLove " achievement/trophy when all have been seen.

Just a random thought. ^_^

Natchai_Ubisoft
07-18-2015, 10:09 AM
So relative to this a thought crossed my mind not too long ago (I mentioned it in a post over at division-agents.com also).

In hopes that this awesome nod to the fan community stays in the finished game, I thought it would be interesting if there were more like this. It would make for an interesting scavenger hunt to find them all hidden throughout, and could unlock an appropriately titled " #CommunityLove " achievement/trophy when all have been seen.

Just a random thought. ^_^

all I can say at this point is read between the lines in EVERYTHING.
You guys are in for a treat ;)

DigitalHitmann
07-18-2015, 01:36 PM
When we were at E3, we went to several events called "Uplay Workshops". What we did at those I cant talk about specifically, but the premise was pretty simple: To make the games and products better for everyone. When we got home from E3 I brought up to Antoine that it would be nice to be paired with certain developers from the game in a workshop designed around our strengths and weaknesses to create Easter eggs or content for DLC and future updates.

For example, I am decent at writing so maybe I could design a character-to-character dialogue that fits in a particular questline with one of their story writers. In retrospect, im absolutely terrible at hand drawing or drawing in general. I cant even make a stick figure turn out good half the time, so maybe I could sit in on a workshop that shows us how they go from story board, to proof of concept, to modeling and rigging, and actual game implementation.

I have no idea what they have cooked up, but I do know of a few things im not at liberty to talk about yet that I was talked to about almost 4 years ago now. They have alot of ideas, just have to wait and see I guess. :)

Keelan562
07-19-2015, 01:51 AM
There were a good many things talked about at the Uplay Lounge with the dev team that I was very happy to hear from them, but they did keep some of that fairly cryptic as they didn't want to give away too much (Marco was hanging around, after all ;) ).

They've done an amazing job taking care of embracing the fan community, so I absolutely trust they have plenty in store for all of us come launch. :)