PDA

View Full Version : Combat styles: how to help developers?

SerWarhammer
06-28-2015, 12:43 PM
The game is not out yet, I know. I want to know what help us, because first of all the communities of ForHonor, we can offer to the developers of this masterpiece.

fighting styles for example have already been completed? the issue of ranged weapons has already been addressed? the special powers of the various classes have already been definitively decided?

for example, I would have an idea about the ranged weapons that exploit the system of '' art of battle "and I think many others have some ideas about the gameplay. But still we do not know how good we can really help you. In fact, some ideas should be to modify or add new movements and new moves. and we know how difficult it is to enter new shares in a game in an advanced state of creation.

for example my idea, in other words, using a hook system by the pitcher, which through "the art of battle" decides where to hit the opponent with his bullet. the target can then try to deflect the bullet moving his guard in the targed area.

However, this would mean a lot of work in terms of gameplay and I realize it. if the game was in the process of development, such a thing could be included, but if the game is already in an advanced stage, it becomes impossible.

so...How can we help you really??? tell us! :confused:

Warphorntek
06-28-2015, 02:19 PM
The game is not out yet, I know. I want to know what help us, because first of all the communities of ForHonor, we can offer to the developers of this masterpiece.

fighting styles for example have already been completed? the issue of ranged weapons has already been addressed? the special powers of the various classes have already been definitively decided?

for example, I would have an idea about the ranged weapons that exploit the system of '' art of battle "and I think many others have some ideas about the gameplay. But still we do not know how good we can really help you. In fact, some ideas should be to modify or add new movements and new moves. and we know how difficult it is to enter new shares in a game in an advanced state of creation.

for example my idea, in other words, using a hook system by the pitcher, which through "the art of battle" decides where to hit the opponent with his bullet. the target can then try to deflect the bullet moving his guard in the targed area.

However, this would mean a lot of work in terms of gameplay and I realize it. if the game was in the process of development, such a thing could be included, but if the game is already in an advanced stage, it becomes impossible.

so...How can we help you really??? tell us! :confused:

You wana help ? Sure you can . All way how you can help is write down your ideas and wishes. I believe they are thinking about it. If its cool and likeable. May they ll try to include it into the game. We ll get some more space with beta, but for now just wishes and ideas .)

CG_HouseVincent
06-28-2015, 03:30 PM
Like the above poster said. Feedback is the #1 thing the developers need right now. Once they confirm the direction that both the players and developers want then they can continue creating the already fantastic game they have. The faster we tell them how we want the game the faster they can make it.

SerWarhammer
06-28-2015, 07:11 PM
I know. but I I want to know if they can still change movements or moves of warriors. if this is still possibile, they could put moves really spectacular, as you can deflect an arrow with a shield or a sword, or charge an enemy from a medium-long distance, dodge an attack jumping to the side or back.....

MrJoker.
06-28-2015, 09:58 PM
Any help is good.

Aidiexx
06-29-2015, 12:11 AM
I like the idea of different fighting styles and weapon stances. I think this would keep people on their toes and add bigger depth the fighting.

I mean can you imagine fighting a Samurai lets say and half way through a fight they change stance, that completely changes how the samurai attacks? I think that would be awesome as it would make you, as a player pay attention to whom you are fighting and how you are going to counter him. this would definitely fit in with the "Art of War" as you would need to be one step a head of your opponent.

Warphorntek
06-29-2015, 05:38 AM
I know. but I I want to know if they can still change movements or moves of warriors. if this is still possibile, they could put moves really spectacular, as you can deflect an arrow with a shield or a sword, or charge an enemy from a medium-long distance, dodge an attack jumping to the side or back.....

Sure they can they are developers, but be sure right now they are still finishing game for 1st beta and after that i believe there is gona be a lot of things to fix / remake / etc. Just go and write what you want in game to Feedback and after that you can just hope its gona be good enough so they ll do it.

SpaceElephant
06-29-2015, 04:40 PM
Hello guys! You are indeed in the right place to help! There is also a "Suggestions & Feedback (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/871-Suggestions-amp-Feedback)" thread where you can put your ideas!

We try to come here everyday to catch up on the threads and answer your questions, so we will send your suggestions to the right persons on the dev team. We already started testing some ideas you guys suggested :)

cheers
SpaceE

SerWarhammer
06-29-2015, 06:08 PM
Hello guys! You are indeed in the right place to help! There is also a "Suggestions & Feedback (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/871-Suggestions-amp-Feedback)" thread where you can put your ideas!

We try to come here everyday to catch up on the threads and answer your questions, so we will send your suggestions to the right persons on the dev team. We already started testing some ideas you guys suggested :)

cheers
SpaceE

fantastic! then prepare yourself because I will send a bunch of suggestions! In my city we have an event of medieval warfare, and I can assure you that there are many pre-fight rituals that could be included in the game lobby ;)

thanks also for your willingness to your users. you are awesome :D

Solid_Altair
07-01-2015, 05:21 AM

cheers
SpaceE
What's the better place to post suggestions? The Suggestions section or the General Discussion?

General Discussion seems to get more attention overall. This happens in other forums, too. So, I wonder if it would be best to simply merge these too sections.