PDA

View Full Version : I noticed in the screenies Luthier posted...

Blade_X_
05-09-2004, 12:52 PM
...that the AAA still has that smoke trail....i think, if you omitted the smoke trail completely, you'd save a significant amount of FPS'...especially considering there was so much AAA fire. =0

Blade_X_
05-09-2004, 12:52 PM
...that the AAA still has that smoke trail....i think, if you omitted the smoke trail completely, you'd save a significant amount of FPS'...especially considering there was so much AAA fire. =0

olaleier
05-09-2004, 01:19 PM
More like having the ability to disable themin conf.ini if you want to.

I don't.

==================================
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v30/olaleier/cobrasig.jpg
==================================
Marvin in hyperlobby

fordfan25
05-09-2004, 01:30 PM
the games still got a LONG way to go theres still time to tweak it.if not well i can always sell some blood for a new pc lol.o man i can tast the orenge juice now http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/53.gif

Ruy Horta
05-09-2004, 01:31 PM
BTW, talking of smoke effects.

Who remembers those nice puffs from PAW, which trailed your wing wing as you fired your MGs?

PAW had some nice effects for its time.

- Engine exhaust flames
- bouncing bullets

etc

Ruy Horta

TAGERT.
05-09-2004, 01:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rhorta:
BTW, talking of smoke effects.

Who remembers those nice puffs from PAW, which trailed your wing wing as you fired your MGs?

PAW had some nice effects for its time.

- Engine exhaust flames
- bouncing bullets

etc

Ruy Horta<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>PAW 1942 was a ground breaking sim... It's FM was one of the first to impliment a real dynamic physics based FM instead of the lookup table types like AOTP... That and it had a real nice Padlock.. prior to that Falcon 3.0 had one.. but it was not as nice as PAW 1942. The follow on to PAW, ie EAW was real nice too! But.. I dont know why I like the pacific stuff so much.. I just do

http://www.geocities.com/grantsenn/kickme.jpg
TAGERT

Jeronimo83
05-09-2004, 04:56 PM
PAW also had these nifty lighting effects. The ocean would change color as if a cloud moved in front of the sun. It was awesome. In fact, I installed it a while ago on my pc. It doesn't work with my joystick however, so that's a bit of a bummer, but still... it is a great sim.

unseen84
05-09-2004, 07:41 PM
Agreed. For its time, PAW was very advanced. Its still favorite PTO sim of all (until PF, anyway). This has been mentioned in other threads, but I really like how it intelligent the ships were in PAW, where they would take evasive action to avoid bombs and torpedoes. Small ships, like destroyers, were extremely difficult to hit because of that. I think it also had the best representation of carrier ops that we've seen so far, where your whole flight group would take off and land on the carrier. In CFS2, I got so tired of always being the only plane to use the carriers.

As for those AA smoke trails, I agree that hopefully there will be a way to do something about them as they can really slow things down.