PDA

View Full Version : Consoles and PC development. Question for devs

Warphorntek
06-27-2015, 04:30 PM
Is this game developed separately to PC and to Consoles or its gona be PC port. I am asking just because i have bad experience with PC ports and few days back that Batman release :X . I am not saying it goes bad if you ll port it but it would be best to do it properly for every system.

Fatal-Feit
06-27-2015, 06:29 PM
I'm not the developers, but I'm 99% sure it will be a PC port. I have faith Ubisoft won't pull an Arkham Knight. That port is legendary.

Warphorntek
06-28-2015, 02:31 PM
I'm not the developers, but I'm 99% sure it will be a PC port. I have faith Ubisoft won't pull an Arkham Knight. That port is legendary.

I am not sure if you are using sarcasm now. I didnt play batman so i dont know how its about controls and all that ingame effect but i certainly know that runtime was rly bad. May they fix it yet i am not sure. If its gona be port and it ll be good than i have no problem. Oh man you have now clue how i want this game to be legendary.

Batman Arkham Knight problem :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOUOzL04Byg

spaff_meister
06-28-2015, 02:58 PM
They (probably) meant 'legendarily bad'.

AherasSTRG
06-30-2015, 03:36 PM
Are you guys new to PC gaming?

- Ubisoft were the people that released Assassin's Creed 3 as a broken mess which never got fixed.

- They were the guys, who lied about Watch Dogs not being downgraded and finally released a half-baked product with severe performance issues which got semi-fixed 6 months after the initial release.

- They released Assassin's Creed Unity, which had been considered to be "the worst port of a AAA game on the PC" since the origial Dark Souls (Arkham Knight now holds that title).

- The release of The Crew was characterised by unstable servers, connection issues, crashes and freezes all the while having really high server lag. Needless to say, these problems perisist to some extent even today.

- Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 were mediocre ports, while Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag barely manages to fit that description.

So, judging from the above, I wouldn't keep my hopes up for For Honor. It's probably going to be another bad port in a highway of bad ports in Ubisoft's history. People call EA greedy and other things like that, but, truth is, when you buy an EA product, even if you pay a lot for it, you know it's gonna work. You buy a Ubisoft product, you gamble with your wallet.

Warphorntek
06-30-2015, 03:50 PM
Are you guys new to PC gaming?

- Ubisoft were the people that released Assassin's Creed 3 as a broken mess which never got fixed.

- They were the guys, who lied about Watch Dogs not being downgraded and finally released a half-baked product with severe performance issues which got semi-fixed 6 months after the initial release.

- They released Assassin's Creed Unity, which had been considered to be "the worst port of a AAA game on the PC" since the origial Dark Souls (Arkham Knight now holds that title).

- The release of The Crew was characterised by unstable servers, connection issues, crashes and freezes all the while having really high server lag. Needless to say, these problems perisist to some extent even today.

- Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4 were mediocre ports, while Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag barely manages to fit that description.

So, judging from the above, I wouldn't keep my hopes up for For Honor. It's probably going to be another bad port in a highway of bad ports in Ubisoft's history. People call EA greedy and other things like that, but, truth is, when you buy an EA product, even if you pay a lot for it, you know it's gonna work. You buy a Ubisoft product, you gamble with your wallet.

Thats why i hope they learnedsomething because even best game can be so bad if they wont do this properly.

Fatal-Feit
07-01-2015, 02:48 AM
*snip*

Eh, I've had as much problems with EA ports as Ubisoft's.

AC3 is glitchy on all platforms, Unity included. --Although, at least a consistent frame-rate is possible in AC3 & Unity on PC. As a multi-platform gamer, I believe people seriously need to realize that Ubisoft's titles have just as much problems on consoles as they do PC. I mean, there's a reason why Unity and Watch_Dogs run at 900p.

There have never been a bad PC port from Ubisoft that made me want to go back to consoles. Now, Arkham Knight on the other hand, literally runs worse despite being on hardware that's twice as powerful AND looks worse than the console versions. Ubisoft have yet to stoop that low.

Side note: DMC3 is the worst port in existence.

I am not sure if you are using sarcasm now.

I was saying it's very bad.

VoidWalker-
07-02-2015, 12:47 PM
Yea i am worried for that aswell. They would make a great mistake if the release bad port though. This is the type of game pc player would love to play.

abexuro
07-05-2015, 10:39 PM
How are they planning to do that right analogue-stick thing on PC? I don't think the mouse would be a good replacement...

WYRDB0Y
07-05-2015, 11:47 PM
How are they planning to do that right analogue-stick thing on PC? I don't think the mouse would be a good replacement...

Won't be good but it's doable, you enter combat stance with a key, mouse is your right stick, then either keys or mouse buttons for heavy and light attacks

Willaguy2010
07-05-2015, 11:56 PM
The only bad EA PC port that immediately comes to mind is BF4, and people say their games are broken and hate on EA, they might be greedy, but Ubisoft has a long track record of laggy servers and glitchy builds.