PDA

View Full Version : Is it good if this game will be serious?

Warphorntek
06-27-2015, 03:27 PM
I am not sure if this game should be totaly serious because if it is, they wont be open to add some "less serious content" so they have much more limited options in future development. That means this game is going to have lower potentional to fulfil players desires. Write under whats your opinion and how much this game should be holding to serious content. I like it how it is for what we have seen so far but i am afraid that there wont be enough content to hold some player base.

Frane89
06-27-2015, 03:47 PM
Well... Counter-Strike is one of the most played games and it only has some modern firearms. (and grenades)

I wouldn't be too worried about the "seriousness" limiting the possible content.
It's the core mechanics that rule out some weapons. For example, how will thrust weapons, such as spears, work with the "art of battle"?
Also most ranged weapons won't be usable.

I would like to see flails, they have one in the trailer, but I wonder how you block with one. Maybe you also must have a shield equipped, as the knight does in the trailer.

Warphorntek
06-27-2015, 04:47 PM
Well... Counter-Strike is one of the most played games and it only has some modern firearms. (and grenades)

I wouldn't be too worried about the "seriousness" limiting the possible content.
It's the core mechanics that rule out some weapons. For example, how will thrust weapons, such as spears, work with the "art of battle"?
Also most ranged weapons won't be usable.

I would like to see flails, they have one in the trailer, but I wonder how you block with one. Maybe you also must have a shield equipped, as the knight does in the trailer.

Dont forget there is dodge mechanic. You can imagine flail is heavy and slow so they may be devastators but slower and for smaller one i believe there is some kind of parry move.

OutlawDr
06-27-2015, 05:10 PM
Its seems ever since Team Fortress and LoL, every upcoming game has to have this conversation. I don't want to see Knights with monocles and chef hats, sorry but no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Fatal-Feit
06-27-2015, 06:18 PM
A serious tone does not mean they can't implement goofy Easter Eggs and other silly stuff. I mean, look at MGSV. It's a pretty srs bsns game, but you get a Chicken Hat if you fail too much.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B66UKrSIIAAI5fX.jpg

MisterWillow
06-27-2015, 08:01 PM
A serious tone does not mean they can't implement goofy Easter Eggs and other silly stuff. I mean, look at MGSV. It's a pretty srs bsns game, but you get a Chicken Hat if you fail too much.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B66UKrSIIAAI5fX.jpg

Now I kind of want to fail a lot just so I can have that. :p

Solid_Altair
06-28-2015, 01:08 AM
MGS serious? Are you serious? :p

Kimarous
06-28-2015, 02:12 AM
I really don't want stupid hats or any similar "goofy" cosmetic changes. What's wrong with having a serious game, for once? Nothing ruins immersion like running into a viking with a hot-pink axe. Is it really too much to ask that - FOR ONCE - a multiplayer-focused game can be straight-faced? It's not like there aren't a bazillion other games for "lol lol lol trololol" idiots to ruin instead.

CG_HouseVincent
06-28-2015, 03:34 PM
KEEP IT REALISTIC. No need to put chicken hats and stupid costumes into the game. Just ruins the immersion.

supabeatsbat
06-28-2015, 06:09 PM
I am not sure if this game should be totaly serious because if it is, they wont be open to add some "less serious content" so they have much more limited options in future development. That means this game is going to have lower potentional to fulfil players desires. Write under whats your opinion and how much this game should be holding to serious content. I like it how it is for what we have seen so far but i am afraid that there wont be enough content to hold some player base.

To put it short: yes, it is good.
Devs however can add a ton of DLCs in the future with fancy hats and other silly stuff, if they make all this masquerade visible for DLC-owners only.

MajorCynik
06-28-2015, 10:15 PM
Its seems ever since Team Fortress and LoL, every upcoming game has to have this conversation. I don't want to see Knights with monocles and chef hats, sorry but no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
:D

KEEP IT REALISTIC.
Yes indeed. Definitely no silly hats.

To put it short: yes, it is good.
Even shorter: YES!