PDA

View Full Version : A Good Basic Read

Komet1
05-03-2004, 08:17 PM
I just finished Mike Spick's "Luftwaffe Fighter Aces". There is a lot of good basic info regarding campaigns, tactics, plane data. Several nice illustrations of tactics used by Germany's aces. This is a good basic read for those interested in learning about air combat. I got my copy from the library, but I know Stackpole Books have reprinted it.
Highly recommended. I have just started playing AEP (Feb.) and throughly enjoy it. I'm still on the QMB as I have yet to fly all the available planes. I'm still learning all the fine points to programing my joystick (Saitek X45), and learning it's capabilities, etc. Most of all, I enjoy going to the forums to learn more about our passion of air combat, and all the info which others share regarding their opinions, game/tech tips, and other information.

Komet1
05-03-2004, 08:17 PM
I just finished Mike Spick's "Luftwaffe Fighter Aces". There is a lot of good basic info regarding campaigns, tactics, plane data. Several nice illustrations of tactics used by Germany's aces. This is a good basic read for those interested in learning about air combat. I got my copy from the library, but I know Stackpole Books have reprinted it.
Highly recommended. I have just started playing AEP (Feb.) and throughly enjoy it. I'm still on the QMB as I have yet to fly all the available planes. I'm still learning all the fine points to programing my joystick (Saitek X45), and learning it's capabilities, etc. Most of all, I enjoy going to the forums to learn more about our passion of air combat, and all the info which others share regarding their opinions, game/tech tips, and other information.

JG7_Rall
05-03-2004, 08:19 PM
rgr I read it a while back....hard to find in stores but a definate must read.

"Son, never ask a man if he is a fighter pilot. If he is, he'll let you know. If he isn't, don't embarrass him."
Badges!? We don't needs no stinkin' badges!